Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Management reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Worked here for 10 years, progressing to a management role. I have learnt many new skills such as conducting appraisals, undertaking audits, making rotas and processing complaints. Met some life long friends here.
Poor management too spineless to deal with some lazy and incompetent members of staff they fear they’ll play a minority card. Too few staff (&all childless) asked to cover all the 24/7 shifts at weekends and nights. Staff with children predominantly aren’t even asked or put on these rotas or asked to cover when in dire straits. Hard workers burn out quick then are scrapped off not helped
I worked for the trust for 15 years only had 8 weeks off in that time for a major operation the bullying is terrible from management to staff nurses if you don’t fit in you will get the worse shifts to Do if you have a problem make sure your in unison thats if they turn up to support you most times they is no one available the best day of my life when I left
Pros
Holidays when you have completed your service
Cons
Disgusting place to work, Management are pathetic and supervisors like nothing more than to bully new staff. Used and abused is common practice. Some of the staff are ok but the direct managers treat people with contempt.
Pros
Cons
not respected no matter how hard you work
I work in the one of the departments, with two different consultant secretaries. I have learnt that there are patients who call in who can be very angry at times, and the tone of my voice and apologies for their problems, and getting back to them, usually calms them down.

The management we deal with, I find are approachable and understanding. I find every department is different, but as a person I find I can adjust to the way things are run.

Sometimes the workload can be very heavy and I find I cannot accomplish everything I want to do in that one day.

I enjoy the typing of clinic letters and also communicating with patients.
From HR not placing me in a suitable environment to managers bullying staff. I was very unlucky that I wasn't placed in a supportive, happy work environment, with a manager that didn't want me there in the first place. I have worked for the trust before and didn't have the same issues.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
The department I was on, expected you to commit to all hours, didn't care about your personal life, You are just a number
I believe the trust is a great place to wrok to gain experience in a avriaety of roles and departments, as an admin officer it can be stressful, they pay isn't justifiable which is a shame, from my point of view if you are a health professional it can be a great place to work and a good place to start a career, the apprenticship scheme is great which is how I entered the NHS.
Pros
Pension, 27 days holiday plus bank holiday, sick pay, maternity leave
Cons
long hours, low pay, customer complaints, management can be poor, hierarchy
Telephoning customers with regards to holidays. Excellent management helped in situations when we were extremely busy. Very supportive team and helpful in every situation. Team meetings were fun and a lot of support was given
Pros
fantastic team
Cons
no cons
Great place to work. Great support from staff and management. Satisfactory sallary levels. Hospital offers great benefits and pension scheme.