Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Supported a team of community therapists. Quickly learned to use the organisation's System One database. Dealt with telephone enquiries from patients in a sensitive and efficient manner.
ok environment and facilities parking poor - stressful at times short staffed but decent teams enjoyed working there. The city is a nice place. worth considering
Pros
na
Cons
no parking
Poor management too spineless to deal with some lazy and incompetent members of staff they fear they’ll play a minority card. Too few staff (&all childless) asked to cover all the 24/7 shifts at weekends and nights. Staff with children predominantly aren’t even asked or put on these rotas or asked to cover when in dire straits. Hard workers burn out quick then are scrapped off not helped
The admin team I work with are excellent however the NHS is under so much pressure that it is difficult to achieve the targets needed therefore it is extremely difficult to deliver the service you would like.
I felt valued, the work was varied and I felt supported. I made a difference. I only left as I wanted to progress. The people I worked with were lovely. My job and working hours were fairly flexible.
I worked for the trust for 15 years only had 8 weeks off in that time for a major operation the bullying is terrible from management to staff nurses if you don’t fit in you will get the worse shifts to Do if you have a problem make sure your in unison thats if they turn up to support you most times they is no one available the best day of my life when I left
Pros
Holidays when you have completed your service
Cons
I worked here for 2 years and I loved it at the start, the only problem with working for such a large trust is that there is to much pressure on you all the time.
Do you...

Enjoy being forced to do the work of two people while receiving one person's pay?

Want to be treated with utter contempt by pretty much all non-domestic staff members?

Like the idea of petty, amoeba-brained nurses making groundless complaints to your manager about the quality of your work just because they hate themselves and their sad, meaningless lives?

Have a burning desire to be made to feel that no matter how much effort you put in to attempt to achieve the impossible, nothing you do will ever be good enough?

Think that not being provided with all the equipment and supplies necessary to even carry out your work properly sounds like a great time?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, apply for a job with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals today, and have your mental wellbeing ground into the dust!
Pros
Don't make me laugh.
Cons
Everything.
This was very productive as I feel I learnt alot through this and was able to benefit myself personally and further my development in job finding as well as improve confident levels.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Disgusting place to work, Management are pathetic and supervisors like nothing more than to bully new staff. Used and abused is common practice. Some of the staff are ok but the direct managers treat people with contempt.
Pros
Cons
not respected no matter how hard you work
Worked here for 10 years, progressing to a management role. I have learnt many new skills such as conducting appraisals, undertaking audits, making rotas and processing complaints. Met some life long friends here.
I work in the one of the departments, with two different consultant secretaries. I have learnt that there are patients who call in who can be very angry at times, and the tone of my voice and apologies for their problems, and getting back to them, usually calms them down.

The management we deal with, I find are approachable and understanding. I find every department is different, but as a person I find I can adjust to the way things are run.

Sometimes the workload can be very heavy and I find I cannot accomplish everything I want to do in that one day.

I enjoy the typing of clinic letters and also communicating with patients.
From HR not placing me in a suitable environment to managers bullying staff. I was very unlucky that I wasn't placed in a supportive, happy work environment, with a manager that didn't want me there in the first place. I have worked for the trust before and didn't have the same issues.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
The department I was on, expected you to commit to all hours, didn't care about your personal life, You are just a number
I believe the trust is a great place to wrok to gain experience in a avriaety of roles and departments, as an admin officer it can be stressful, they pay isn't justifiable which is a shame, from my point of view if you are a health professional it can be a great place to work and a good place to start a career, the apprenticship scheme is great which is how I entered the NHS.
Pros
Pension, 27 days holiday plus bank holiday, sick pay, maternity leave
Cons
long hours, low pay, customer complaints, management can be poor, hierarchy
We work within a fast paced environment due to A&E and urgent ward turnaround times and volume of work received. Our analyses require maintenance, reagent calibration and quality controls.
:) good place to work. Staff are friendly, I love the department I work in. A Little bit difficult to park, there is plenty of alternative transportation ie buses trams.
Telephoning customers with regards to holidays. Excellent management helped in situations when we were extremely busy. Very supportive team and helpful in every situation. Team meetings were fun and a lot of support was given
Pros
fantastic team
Cons
no cons
Great place to work. Great support from staff and management. Satisfactory sallary levels. Hospital offers great benefits and pension scheme.