Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Support worker
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 October 2019
I worked for the trust for 15 years only had 8 weeks off in that time for a major operation the bullying is terrible from management to staff nurses if you don’t fit in you will get the worse shifts to Do if you have a problem make sure your in unison thats if they turn up to support you most times they is no one available the best day of my life when I left
Pros
Holidays when you have completed your service
Cons
Absolutely terrible place to work.
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 February 2019
Do you...

Enjoy being forced to do the work of two people while receiving one person's pay?

Want to be treated with utter contempt by pretty much all non-domestic staff members?

Like the idea of petty, amoeba-brained nurses making groundless complaints to your manager about the quality of your work just because they hate themselves and their sad, meaningless lives?

Have a burning desire to be made to feel that no matter how much effort you put in to attempt to achieve the impossible, nothing you do will ever be good enough?

Think that not being provided with all the equipment and supplies necessary to even carry out your work properly sounds like a great time?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, apply for a job with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals today, and have your mental wellbeing ground into the dust!
Pros
Don't make me laugh.
Cons
Everything.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheffield19 January 2019
This was very productive as I feel I learnt alot through this and was able to benefit myself personally and further my development in job finding as well as improve confident levels.
Pros
Free lunch
Don't bother
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire1 January 2019
Don't bother working at the CPU, Northern General Hospital Sheffield. As stated here by someone else, some supervisors are bullies towards new staff, management are incompetent and generally there is a bad attitude towards new staff by staff who have being working there many years. If you want to feel stressed and unhappy then by all means apply for a job here. Not worth the hassle.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Too many to list
Catering Department
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  cpu30 December 2018
Disgusting place to work, Management are pathetic and supervisors like nothing more than to bully new staff. Used and abused is common practice. Some of the staff are ok but the direct managers treat people with contempt.
Pros
Cons
not respected no matter how hard you work
Learnt a lot from working here
Midwife (Former Employee) –  Jessop Wing, Sheffield NHS Trust21 November 2018
Worked here for 10 years, progressing to a management role. I have learnt many new skills such as conducting appraisals, undertaking audits, making rotas and processing complaints. Met some life long friends here.
I enjoy work for the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Support Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Sheffield16 January 2018
I work in the one of the departments, with two different consultant secretaries. I have learnt that there are patients who call in who can be very angry at times, and the tone of my voice and apologies for their problems, and getting back to them, usually calms them down.

The management we deal with, I find are approachable and understanding. I find every department is different, but as a person I find I can adjust to the way things are run.

Sometimes the workload can be very heavy and I find I cannot accomplish everything I want to do in that one day.

I enjoy the typing of clinic letters and also communicating with patients.
Lack of support and bad management
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheffield16 October 2017
From HR not placing me in a suitable environment to managers bullying staff. I was very unlucky that I wasn't placed in a supportive, happy work environment, with a manager that didn't want me there in the first place. I have worked for the trust before and didn't have the same issues.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
The department I was on, expected you to commit to all hours, didn't care about your personal life, You are just a number
working @ sheffield
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Sheffield26 April 2017
I believe the trust is a great place to wrok to gain experience in a avriaety of roles and departments, as an admin officer it can be stressful, they pay isn't justifiable which is a shame, from my point of view if you are a health professional it can be a great place to work and a good place to start a career, the apprenticship scheme is great which is how I entered the NHS.
Pros
Pension, 27 days holiday plus bank holiday, sick pay, maternity leave
Cons
long hours, low pay, customer complaints, management can be poor, hierarchy
Fantastic work colleagues
Part Time Biomedical Scientist (Current Employee) –  Sheffield8 October 2016
We work within a fast paced environment due to A&E and urgent ward turnaround times and volume of work received. Our analyses require maintenance, reagent calibration and quality controls.
Lovely place
Learning Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sheffield23 September 2016
:) good place to work. Staff are friendly, I love the department I work in. A Little bit difficult to park, there is plenty of alternative transportation ie buses trams.
interesting and supportive
Clerical officer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield13 September 2016
Telephoning customers with regards to holidays. Excellent management helped in situations when we were extremely busy. Very supportive team and helpful in every situation. Team meetings were fun and a lot of support was given
Pros
fantastic team
Cons
no cons
Great Work Life balance.
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, ENG24 January 2016
Great place to work. Great support from staff and management. Satisfactory sallary levels. Hospital offers great benefits and pension scheme.