SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Well organised
Graduate Destinations Survey Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield Hallam University15 February 2017
A typical day involved sitting at a computer, calling people off a list, and attempting to create a rapport with them in order for them to answer questions about what they had been up to in the months following their graduation.
A very good place to work at
Multi-skilled operative (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 January 2017
I have been at the University for around about 19 years now, I have had some very good times here and some not so good, I think this happens in all walks of life at any employer, Like all jobs it as its up's and down's,
Most of my time there as been good and always varied, no one day is the same with different duties to preform,
The management again are varied and some times changed too frequently taking on new roles and as when they come available,

I get on pretty well with my co-workers as these have become a big part of my working career,
I would say there is no hard part of the role I do It's more how you perceive it, if you want it to be a hard task then it will become one,

I enjoy most of the roles I do but like any job some can become a little vexing which makes me rise above and put that little more effort into it
Pros
varied duties
Cons
Getting to know people
Fun workplace
Student Sport Activator Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield27 December 2016
The task comprehends voluntary futsal coaching to students, as part of Sheffield Hallam University’s social sports programme. This activity was delivered once a week, with duration of two hours during term time.
Pros
Being involved in sport and physical activity
Cons
Turnups were not as desired in some ocasions
Very interesting place to work collaboratively with different teams
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire21 December 2016
Learned how to effectively deliver projects according to deadlines
Worked effectively with diverse teams and leaders
Learning new things and travelling round the campus
Pros
Working with little supervision made me very independent but reliable and confident
HKC Law Clinic - Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 November 2016
Working for live clients, assisting them on real legal issues, under the supervision of a qualified solicitor.
I was able to gain an understanding on the typical practices of a Law Firm and it also improved my practical legal research skills
i found it enjoyable to work with other students advisors as it allowed me to interact with them when i previously would not have.
Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield12 September 2016
I enrolled onto doing a two week work placement at the university within the sports industry. I enjoyed my time here and it was very productive.
Pros
Experience
Amazing place to work
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield12 September 2016
I love working at Sheffield Hallam. There's plenty of opportunities for development and to try something new. All you have to do is ask and there will always be someone willing to help.
Overall great experience, albeit short
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Sheffield11 September 2016
Toured around parents on open day weekends and delivered a presentation at the end, was great overall for my interpersonal development.
enjoyable
Student Faulty Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheffield8 September 2016
Student Faulty Representative -
enjoyable to work with staff and students to discuss how to improve Art and Design subjects at the university.
I would collect information from different art and design subjects to discuss with a group of other students, and the head of art and design, here we would discuss what students are enjoying and not enjoying about their subjects so we can improve courses.
Pros
meeting new people, having a say, helping improve art subjects
A large educational institution - leader in its field for marketing
Corporate Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield29 June 2016
The marketing department is demanding but rewarding
The management is inspiring
The people are the best thing about SHU
productive and fun workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield7 June 2016
My time at Hallam on placement was fun as I had never done anything like this before, therefore each day was different.
I learned a lot about Human Resources.
Pros
Long Dinners
Cons
Lots of waiting around
productive and fun workplace
As a research intern at Sheffield Hallam University, this voluntary work experience was very beneficial to me. A typical day involved either conducting focus groups, transcribing data and writing up reports. I developed existing research and interpersonal skills as well as developing new ones. Working with fellow research interns was a bonus as we could work together as a team. All staff and co-workers were very helpful and supportive in helping us to meet our aims. The hardest part of the job was transcribing data as often their were audio interferences making it difficult to accurately record what had been said. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and working on projects together.
Pros
Friendly staff and working atmosphere
Cons
Transcribing data challenges
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Sheffield16 May 2016
I studied here for filmmaking and it has been a valuable lesson in teamwork, technical skills, professional behaviour and much more.
Pros
education
Cons
no pay
Lecturer
Associate Lecturer (Built Environment faculty) (Former Employee) –  Sheffield13 May 2016
I have the pleasure to be an Associated Lecturer when I have graduated my Bsc Building Construction Management.

It is a good place to work and share your knowledge and experiences with others.
Fun and diverse workplace
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 May 2016
Was a fun place to work in with a lot of support and improvement upon feedback gotten. Overall I good place to work in. Enjoyed working with students and teachers alike to improve the learning experience of the students.
Productive and competitive
First line of IT support (Former Employee) –  Sheffield Hallam University22 April 2016
Working at Sheffield Hallam University providing first line of IT services made me feel useful and productive. On a typical day at work I would assist students and university employees by providing IT support and excellent customer service.
Productive and friendly workplace
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  withinn 10 miles of Rotherham11 March 2016
Within my job I support our student nurses regarding the administration part of the course - I deal with queries either by email or telephone of face to face contact.

I also deal with daily queries regarding course that the university run - conversations with outside trusts or the general public.

I input information into excel spreadsheets regarding student attendance and arrange sessions for students to attend.

I am in constant communication with the Nursing Lecturers.

I do general admin work which consists of photocopying, scanning, faxing covering our main reception.

I learned how to deal effectively with people - as sometimes these can be difficult/challenging conversations.

Management is ok.

The team I work with our great and we are supportive of each other.

The hardest part of the job is juggling the workload around - as we are an extremely busy office.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with people and supporting students - knowing that at the end of the their course - they will be qualified nurses.
Pros
I love working and being busy with really supportive people around
Cons
It takes me a 3 hour travel daily.
Very Welcoming
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 March 2016
The Staff was extremely welcoming. i gained a lot of work related experience during my time at the Unviversity. i really enjoyed my time working there.
Pros
Welcoming
Relaxed and fun work enviroment
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield2 March 2016
I work casual hours and the flexibility really suits me whilst studying. The staff are all friendly and willing to help you learn. I have learnt different skills such as communication, analytical, customer
Отличные условия и интересная работа!
Посол (Former Employee) –  Sheffield4 February 2016
Каждый день я встречала большое количество людей с разными культурами, языками, из разных стран.
Было очень интересно находить подход, у меня сформировались понятия о каждой из культур, я заметила также различия и особенности.
вопросы с которыми обращались студенты были решены без исключения и была оказана дальнейшая информативная консультация.
Pros
Постоянное общение
Cons
могла работать больше

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3