SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY

SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

United Kingdom98 reviews
High competition and you get great experience as you work in such university. As I did my PhD in this university, I feel so proud to work with my PhD supervision team and I was satisfied with the support I received during PhD. I strongly recommend this place for anyone who is looking for inspirational environment to work.
Ok some days but all overtime was given to certain people usually the same ones. Also questions there would ask when you was off sick and there didn't believe you
Very against my sexually as well

When shift changes happen it was usually given to people that had been there a few months.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Management started to charge for meals but there had them for nothing
All is fine. Changes due to covid mean early end to first placement but hoping the hours will be made up. I am a student so am not going to write much more.
Collaborative environment
Productive task

Helpful and friendly staff members

Customer service cooperation

Collaborative environment

Productive task
it is certainly laid back place to work, the people were friendly and helpful to us on my first days there and i had a lot of fun while working there.
I really liked working for the Art & Design department whilst I was at university, it was calm, relaxed and friendly. I'll never get such a laid back job again that was stimulating and fun i doubt.
I work as a Student Ambassador as well as studying here. I work on open days and also have the opportunity to lead campus tours each week. It's very flexible so i can work as much or as little as whatever suits me.
i went there for work experience and the people there are some of the most friendliest i come across, they had no issue helping us when i had a problem and they were good people to be around
I thoroughly enjoy working here everyone has been friendly and helpful and provided lots of support. The students are motivated to learn and the facilities are up to date
Taught by excellent well experienced staff. Made lots of great helpful friends and there were excellent facilities and machinery. Only bad point, was very expensive education for class/ teaching hours, but would still highly recommend.
I enjoyed working at Sheffield Hallam University because there is encouragement for collaborative working and I enjoyed working as a member of a team.
Sheffield Hallam are a top employer for anyone, they never discriminate against anyone.
Good work-life balance
Large internal market meaning there is always opportunity to apply for different roles.

Interviews are challenging as they are based on capabilities rather than standard interview style questions.
SHU provide its student plenty of opportunities to grow, one such opportunity is voluntary work. it is open to all, anyone can become the su president if they are willing to work the mile.
Employers are good at communicating, they are flexible, and put employees' study commitments before the job obligations. Pay rate is good the skills I have gained are valuable
In my office, I had the job I loved and was surrounded by a very supportive and helpful team. These people would ensure I had any training I needed and was never left to struggle where I needed help. The company culture, in my team anyway, was very positive.

Working the graduation ceremonies is by far the most enjoyable part of the job, as is knowing that you are making a positive experience for the students you work for.
Held responsibility for imaging PC’s, installing software, upgrading hardware, and providing IT related services and support to staff and students. Performed preventative maintenance of computers systems while identifying, troubleshooting, resolving various servers and desktop systems problems, and working site-to-site and remotely.
standard uni, teachers are good. their reply times to emails are pretty poor but they do actually care about you as a individual student which is nice. doctors there are great
Lots of potential to really be a great organisation to work for but senior managers never listen to teams who understand how best to do their role. Review after review have left good people in a bad position (or bad people just keeping their heads down) and provides little opportunity for career progression.

It’s all about who you know and how much you placate your manager on whether you will fit in. If you want to turn up, work 9-5 and aren’t striving to reach the stars, maybe this is the place for you
I find it very enjoyable with decent pay and generous holiday allowance,all training done in work time, with plenty of team building amongst work force
The colleagues are very welcoming ensuring you are well with the tasks at hand. The job role was really informative on the subjects within society informing you on current issues.
Sheffield Hallam has been an excellent employer overall. I have worked in marketing (for a faculty, then in the central team) for 14 years in total and I spent six years of that in a role dedicated to copywriting. I have worked with some fantastic people and the support and benefits I have received have been very good. However, I would advise anyone considering working here to plan out a career route, and look at all the available options as there are simply tonnes of roles to choose from.

The most enjoyable part of my job has been working directly with students on a social media project called the Hallam Insiders. I worked on the project from its inception and have seen it evolve into something far bigger that we anticipated. It's been incredibly rewarding to work with the students and see them grow in skill and confidence, and be able to help them gain valuable experience to dd to their CVs.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2