Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

3.8Pay & Benefits
HR Apprenticeship
Apprentice HR Asssitant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 August 2019
Regarding human resources - it was shocking! I was an apprentice Hr Assistant and during my time I didnt learn much.

I feel they use an apprentice as they are the cheapest way to employ someone and use them. I was given the duty of managing reception all on my own - when really the receptionist had retired and just not bothered to employ someone new, they just used the apprentice for that as it saved them money. The assistants were two faced and took advantage of me on jobs they couldn't be bothered to do! Was an effort for them to share the reception phone, and when they did they complained as 'they had too much work to do' when in reality they were too busy gossiping. I was doing a band 3/4 job on an apprentice wage, and I didnt feel that I was listened to at all. I even went to my apprentice co-ordinator who attempted to solve the problem, but didnt, infact it semt that all they were interested in was making sure that didnt happen to the next apprentice, rather than help me. I had little training, which i was there for and felt overwhelmed at times.

It got me the experience I needed and did work to my advantage in that sense - but overall bad management and didnt have a clue what to do with an apprentice.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Took advantage of apprentice
Fantastic training excellent care giver
Band 5 staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire30 April 2019
Worked here for number of years . The training received is fantastic and informative. Trainers who know their job with accurate information.
Very accommodating to needs of staff .
Amazing place to work
Pros
Specialist hospital, see lots of different things
Cons
No parking