Shaw Healthcare Employee Reviews

fun exciting lovely people
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petworth, West Sussex10 May 2018
fun and happy environment, learned alot abut care as it was my first job i started with, training included. management helpful when needed. everybodys friendly and hardworking works as a team.
best bit abut the job is communicating with the elderly.
Pros
free lunch on 12 hour shift
Cons
long hours but part time aswell
Can't recommend
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 May 2018
It said Support worker in the job title but it was nothing else than regular care assistant job. Messy place to work, badly organised etc.... Lunch brake not paid, even i was said it is. Lies all the times. Stressed staff. Can't recommend.
Uncaring and bullying place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  West Sussex8 April 2018
My best friend got a job as a team leader in Petworth Rotherlea and lasted 2 weeks. Was bullied by all other staff. Tried to help residents who are neglected there. Terrible management who was lazy.
She has since left and returned to her old job in which she was welcomed back with open arms.
She has since left and reported the home. She spent most of her 2 weeks there in tears...
Cons
Would have given a minus
Carer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 April 2018
Don't work for this company. I have worked for this company for a few years in there Edinburgh branch. Over the last 3 months this company has failed to support there staff and service user on many levels.....dont listen or act on complaints or concerns. Over the last month new branch staff are rude.

Pay is about average. And pay is always wrong.
Pros
Service uses
Cons
Rude branch staff and failure to CARE.
not bad work but not great salary
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Sussex13 December 2017
good care to residents, clean and good care homes.good stuff but need improvement with salary and treat staff better! good management ! use to be perfect for me as flexibility .
Pros
lunches for staff for 1.50
Cons
not enough money for amount of responsibility
Run away. As fast as you can.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire8 December 2017
I wish I could give Shaw NO stars....
Although I loved working with my colleagues and the residents, management and the company in general are APPALLING!
You are treated with no more respect, care or compassion than they would a chair or side table. To Shaw you are just a number and when the stress and pressure of overwork gets too much you are easily replaceable. When I handed in my notice after becoming stressed through overwork and other issues, (having refused a sick note from the doctor for time off - which I now wish I had taken advantage of!), no-one from management or above asked what they could do to help, if there was anything they could do to change my mind or even bothered to say goodbye when I left!
On top of all that, the money is rubbish - which for the amount of responsibility you hold in your hands every day is just not worth it.
RUN AWAY - as fast as you can!
Pros
Nice people to work with at ground level.
Cons
A HORRID company to work for.
job
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  london27 November 2017
Room, toilet, kitchen cleaning. Communication with colleagues. communication with supervisor. Cleaning widows. Help to old people. nice colleagues and work place
Staff& residents are great, management thumbs down for me
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Pulborough, West Sussex27 November 2017
I do enjoy working for this company but I am finding it difficult with the travelling, main reason for moving on is to work closer to my home, what I dont like about this company is the unfair annual leave system they have, the hours are not flexible it is 2 x 12 hr shifts
Pros
to be honest i ca t think of any pros
Cons
12hr shifts not very flexible
Worst company ive ever worked for
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ledbury, Herefordshire21 November 2017
Worked for shaw for 15 years as domestic to start not too bad enough staff good team work .two cleaners on each floor spotless people left as hours changed hard to get replacements as by then the place had a bad name large turnover of staff in all departments management rude unhelpful & are unable to run their departments effeciently so many cleaners have now left 3 more since I left without being replaced it must be like a pig sty in there cleaners are now doing 3 floors by themselves when I handed in my notice after being offered another job nobody batted an eye lid loyalty is not rewarded they dont care .although just a domestic the company should realise that if staff are happy in their work they will stay & a companys profit is earned by their staff however low down the pay scale they are
Pros
Cons
No support management utterly useless
Caring place to work at, Fun, loving
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 November 2017
Amazing care home to work at, the staff and mangement is nice and caring, recommended place to work at. The hardest is taking it in with what you got to do, but you will get the hand of it in a short amount of time, the enjoy is having team work.
Enjoyable workpace
Day Care Support Worker/Activities Planner (Current Employee) –  Horsham12 November 2017
I enjoy my job as no two days are the same. I love working with the elderly and gain immense rewards in knowing that i have made a positive difference to someones day
Cons
low pay
Sad to be leaving a great Company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 November 2017
Have worked for Shaw Edinburgh for 18 months. Sadly due to family commitments have have to leave a great job. Worked alongside some excellent carers..going to miss you all.office staff are very supportive and management approachable..i would recommend anyone wanted to work in care to apply to Shaw,they do a great job looking after the elderly..
Pros
Bonus bus pass great team
Cons
good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester1 November 2017
good company to work for, supportive in certain areas. changes are needed. staff are not always listened too. pay is not the best in the industry. staff members make the company
Fun and supportive company
Support worker/ team leader/ deputy manager (Former Employee) –  Steyning, West Sussex27 October 2017
I loved working for Shaw healthcare and spent 6 years with the company. I started as a carer and am now a care Home Manager else where. The company progressed my career in care very quickly and were supportive throughout. The Home Manager and deputy were extremely supportive and motivating. I’m gutted I left to progress. I would definitely go back.
horrible company stay away
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh13 October 2017
management are so evil to you speak to you like a little girl. you are never paid correctly so you have to keep check of what you have done and work out for yourself what you are meant to get. they dont have clue how to care for anyone and they dont care about you what so ever they just employ anyone who comes in there direction
Pros
other colleges and great service users
Cons
long hours not good pay
swings and roundabouts
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire9 October 2017
It isn't bad, but it's not great by any standard - like Swings and Roundabouts

work life is okay but like any workplace, there are the certain people who bring you down with comments or actions.

Management is meh - requests take time such as annual leaves or rota's being later than they really should be.

pay is flat-rate so good for younger generations but lags if older.
Pros
good pay for younger people
Cons
management, early working hours, poor pay for older people
Nice place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 October 2017
Good place to work. Long hours. Good office staff and help support you when out working on the field. Free uniform and money pack on bus pass. Salary is good on a monthly basis. Learn on the good. Weeks training before you start. Paid training
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Worst management - all for profit
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 September 2017
Worked with shaw for 6 months. My probation was cut short a week shy of the end of it. Was also done on the sly. Management very up themselves, not prepared to work hard if staff shortage. A lot of favouritism from management to certain members of staff. No real support structure. Lots of pointless and unnessicary training thrown at you. Constant phone calls for cover whilst on days off and annual leave.
A lot of bad practise within the house that is reported but dismissed for unknown reasons.
Build you up then drop you from a pedistal. I was given a higher position within the home to then be dismissed two weeks after for things beyond my control.

Wouldn't recommend.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Everything other than the service users
Great Company, Fun Company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset15 September 2017
A very relaxed house, great residents. A great team and respect of each other.
Excellent education and training and on going training.

A fantastic range of hours and respect of having a Family life and work life balance.
Too many hours
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh10 September 2017
To much of a hard workload, not enough time off. Way to much travelling from destination to destination. However I was working with great people and they all do a great job.
Pros
Helping people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9