Shaw Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ok
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge31 October 2018
I needed a change in job. I enjoyed working at shaw health care but it changed and I didn’t enjoy it anymore and I needed a change because I need to enjoy work.
support worker
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Southbourne24 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time at shaw healthcare but unfortunately, the manager is very rude. i finally realised that no matter how much you love your job if your manager doesnt respect you it isnt worth it.
Pros
residents and staff
Cons
management
Friendly
Support Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Pulborough21 October 2018
A place that makes you feel like your at home, friendly staff. Ok team work throughout the building, training always available, they push you to go higher.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Worst place i have ever workex in.
Deputy manager (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill, West Sussex13 October 2018
I was the deputy at the service and was completely let down with the company, not one probation review for me was done or supervision. The level of care was shocking and the staff levels very low, some nights I couldn't sleep waiting for a call that something terrible had happened. Had to work nearly 90h one week no overtime paid and an attitude from upper management that it's normal, some of the staff were lovely but others not. Felt like an institution stuck in old ways of care. They have things that can be fixed but are completely oblivious to what's wrong, the only positive is a few of their trainers are exerlent but training is minimal
I left before my probation was up as I did not want to get stuck there in what felt like a nightmare.
The smell of the service was strong most days.
Care plans are old fashioned mainly text which the support workers never read!!
They will never support you only blame due to outdated management style.
Massive staff turnover mostly running off of agency.
Witnessed bullying in main team.
12h shifts far apart so no conganuety of care
Only 30mins brake on 12h day showed no care towards their support staff.
The company is letting the residents and staff down and when I realised there would be nothing I could do to help if hampered from above I took my leave.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
To many to list
A lot of give, not much take
Carer (Former Employee) –  Ledbury7 October 2018
No day is ever the same which is great. Senior management often forget about those further below them meaning that a lot of work done goes unnoticed, however if something goes wrong the blame is quickly shifted to those who consistently work hard.
Days off rarely happen when no one from "work" contacts you. Motivation and resilience needed, as standard for health and social care.
Nice company to work for as those who work on the same level support each other and have respect.
Avoid at all costs!
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  West Sussex21 September 2018
I worked there few times as agency. And all of the Shaws are horrible! Staff is under pressure, some team leaders are friends with managers so they get away with big mistakes! The unlucky ones get bashed for no reasons! Breaks are a joke! Equipment and manual handling is against the law sometimes (you're not allowed to change clients mid air!) Even if it's the last company on earth I'd rather be homeless.
Also I wouldn't recommend to any poor person to be looked after by this outrageous company!
Bad management
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Oundle Abbott house7 September 2018
Staff were lovely job was good . 12 hour shifts with only half hour break was hard always pushed to do more hours. Manager doesn't care about the staff at all and was always fake to the families .
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
The manager
Needs to do better
Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 September 2018
If i had a choice i would prefer not to work for them. Company culture is small scale and is not geared to staff wealthfare and could be better, No incentives for hard work
Pros
Cons
Lack of senior management input
Shaw Poole , don't work here
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset26 August 2018
Long shifts no proper breaks, pestered non stop on your day off . You are expected to give them every last drop you have, staff are used and abused.Management in Poole awful,,no support .All the good staff leave, hence big turnover . It's a shame cause the residents end up suffering, but we the care staff can't perform the miricles Shaw expect us to.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Poor management skills
Don’t work for shawhealth care
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire20 August 2018
Shawhealthcare is a horrible company to work for they are more money based than care based, the management is bad and if your face don’t fit in there group they don’t want to know! Management hiding errors all the time aswell as the team leaders and seniors, short staffed and team leaders and seniors are never on there floor running there team like they should be, they are always outside having cigarettes with the management which in there eyes is exceptable! You never get a thanks for your hard work or acknowledgment, and your treated like it’s a prison
Pros
The residents
Cons
12.5 hr shift and only a 30 minute break and have to pay for your food!
Not fun,not enjoyable,stressful place to work!!!
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Sussex10 August 2018
Everything is wrong poor management , unorganised under staff always used agency staff everyday no further progression no back up when u like to do any training Wven you spend from your own pocket still not backing you up.Politics and discrimination is very strong waste of time working for many years and no further help on career.You cannot use your break must stay on the unit no team work always have competition.No confidentiality managers are not approachable.They preferred agency to do overtime than their Permanent staff.Too much work loads.
Fun workplace
Team leader care assisant (Former Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea9 August 2018
Enjoyed working as part of a good team. Management was excellent. Elm Croft was a clean and friendly home. Clients were looked after well but sometimes difficult due to staff shortages
Pros
Good manger
Enjoyable job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands12 July 2018
Lovely place to work, great team and service users.

Every day is different.

Work in the community and in residential setting.

Training provided.

Hours are sometimes long
Pros
Team Work, good managemnet
Cons
Pay
It’s ok
cook step up senior cook (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire8 July 2018
You can get better pay anywhere else. It’s lovely homes in shaw health care. Lovely people too. Always get on with the staff and the family member they are all nice and the days are a good laugh something always something to do.
Pros
Lovely staff on shift and training available
Cons
Expect too much from you
Avoid like the plague!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff7 July 2018
Poor support. Policies, procedures and care plans not adhered to. Bullying, harassment and any complaints are swept under the carpet. Management turns a blind eye to things that may cause them more work to investigate. Only concerned with how much money a service user can bring in, not the welfare of that service user. Confidentiality is non existent. If a staff member whistle blows then they are outed and made to feel like they have done something wrong.
Good work place.
Instructor fitness, Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  West Sussex10 June 2018
I am very professional, determined and good team leader ! I have a high people skills and I know how to motivate and appreciate people dedicated to them job and work place !
Pros
Mese gratuite si vacante mai lungi
fun exciting lovely people
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petworth, West Sussex10 May 2018
fun and happy environment, learned alot abut care as it was my first job i started with, training included. management helpful when needed. everybodys friendly and hardworking works as a team.
best bit abut the job is communicating with the elderly.
Pros
free lunch on 12 hour shift
Cons
long hours but part time aswell
Can't recommend
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 May 2018
It said Support worker in the job title but it was nothing else than regular care assistant job. Messy place to work, badly organised etc.... Lunch brake not paid, even i was said it is. Lies all the times. Stressed staff. Can't recommend.
Uncaring and bullying place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  West Sussex8 April 2018
My best friend got a job as a team leader in Petworth Rotherlea and lasted 2 weeks. Was bullied by all other staff. Tried to help residents who are neglected there. Terrible management who was lazy.
She has since left and returned to her old job in which she was welcomed back with open arms.
She has since left and reported the home. She spent most of her 2 weeks there in tears...
Cons
Would have given a minus
Carer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 April 2018
Don't work for this company. I have worked for this company for a few years in there Edinburgh branch. Over the last 3 months this company has failed to support there staff and service user on many levels.....dont listen or act on complaints or concerns. Over the last month new branch staff are rude.

Pay is about average. And pay is always wrong.
Pros
Service uses
Cons
Rude branch staff and failure to CARE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9