Shaw Healthcare Employee Reviews

Not fun,not enjoyable,stressful place to work!!!
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Sussex10 August 2018
Everything is wrong poor management , unorganised under staff always used agency staff everyday no further progression no back up when u like to do any training Wven you spend from your own pocket still not backing you up.Politics and discrimination is very strong waste of time working for many years and no further help on career.You cannot use your break must stay on the unit no team work always have competition.No confidentiality managers are not approachable.They preferred agency to do overtime than their Permanent staff.Too much work loads.
Enjoyable job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Midlands12 July 2018
Lovely place to work, great team and service users.

Every day is different.

Work in the community and in residential setting.

Training provided.

Hours are sometimes long
Pros
Team Work, good managemnet
Cons
Pay
It’s ok
cook step up senior cook (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire8 July 2018
You can get better pay anywhere else. It’s lovely homes in shaw health care. Lovely people too. Always get on with the staff and the family member they are all nice and the days are a good laugh something always something to do.
Pros
Lovely staff on shift and training available
Cons
Expect too much from you
Avoid like the plague!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff7 July 2018
Poor support. Policies, procedures and care plans not adhered to. Bullying, harassment and any complaints are swept under the carpet. Management turns a blind eye to things that may cause them more work to investigate. Only concerned with how much money a service user can bring in, not the welfare of that service user. Confidentiality is non existent. If a staff member whistle blows then they are outed and made to feel like they have done something wrong.
Cons
Manangers dont take into concideration we have a family life of our own
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex13 June 2018
Some very good staff members who care for the residents and you see some who actually don't give a dam .. don't bother to interact with residents . Nurses and some teamnleader don't have a clue what to do , which infuriates me because we get paid a lot less and do all the work as support workers . No flexibility with hours .. some rubbish staff get away with doing nothing whilst others work so hard and only get recognition and help from one or two team leaders ... total joke
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours .. no support from managers only 30 min break and you get severly repremanded of off sick
Good work place.
Instructor fitness, Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  West Sussex10 June 2018
I am very professional, determined and good team leader ! I have a high people skills and I know how to motivate and appreciate people dedicated to them job and work place !
Pros
Mese gratuite si vacante mai lungi
fun exciting lovely people
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Petworth, West Sussex10 May 2018
fun and happy environment, learned alot abut care as it was my first job i started with, training included. management helpful when needed. everybodys friendly and hardworking works as a team.
best bit abut the job is communicating with the elderly.
Pros
free lunch on 12 hour shift
Cons
long hours but part time aswell
Can't recommend
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset8 May 2018
It said Support worker in the job title but it was nothing else than regular care assistant job. Messy place to work, badly organised etc.... Lunch brake not paid, even i was said it is. Lies all the times. Stressed staff. Can't recommend.
Uncaring and bullying place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  West Sussex8 April 2018
My best friend got a job as a team leader in Petworth Rotherlea and lasted 2 weeks. Was bullied by all other staff. Tried to help residents who are neglected there. Terrible management who was lazy.
She has since left and returned to her old job in which she was welcomed back with open arms.
She has since left and reported the home. She spent most of her 2 weeks there in tears...
Cons
Would have given a minus
Carer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 April 2018
Don't work for this company. I have worked for this company for a few years in there Edinburgh branch. Over the last 3 months this company has failed to support there staff and service user on many levels.....dont listen or act on complaints or concerns. Over the last month new branch staff are rude.

Pay is about average. And pay is always wrong.
Pros
Service uses
Cons
Rude branch staff and failure to CARE.
Good team. Better management
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ledbury15 February 2018
This could be a great place to work if more staff. A rush to get around everyone. It is hard physically and mentally. The service users are mostly very nice but a few shout at you and are rude because you cannot be there straight away ( because you are helping someone else). The big problem is they all want to get up in the morning and be dressed by a reasonable time. Not near lunchtime as some do as they have to wait. The management has changed twice recently and they now do speak to you . Are friendly and are approachable. For low pay , hard work and poor attitude the previous ones got it so wrong. No wonder people never stayed. The team work of colleagues has always been very good though.
Pros
Nice residents. Training. Cheap hot meal on duty.
Cons
Hard work.
not bad work but not great salary
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  West Sussex13 December 2017
good care to residents, clean and good care homes.good stuff but need improvement with salary and treat staff better! good management ! use to be perfect for me as flexibility .
Pros
lunches for staff for 1.50
Cons
not enough money for amount of responsibility
Run away. As fast as you can.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire8 December 2017
I wish I could give Shaw NO stars....
Although I loved working with my colleagues and the residents, management and the company in general are APPALLING!
You are treated with no more respect, care or compassion than they would a chair or side table. To Shaw you are just a number and when the stress and pressure of overwork gets too much you are easily replaceable. When I handed in my notice after becoming stressed through overwork and other issues, (having refused a sick note from the doctor for time off - which I now wish I had taken advantage of!), no-one from management or above asked what they could do to help, if there was anything they could do to change my mind or even bothered to say goodbye when I left!
On top of all that, the money is rubbish - which for the amount of responsibility you hold in your hands every day is just not worth it.
RUN AWAY - as fast as you can!
Pros
Nice people to work with at ground level.
Cons
A HORRID company to work for.
job
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  london27 November 2017
Room, toilet, kitchen cleaning. Communication with colleagues. communication with supervisor. Cleaning widows. Help to old people. nice colleagues and work place
Staff& residents are great, management thumbs down for me
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Pulborough, West Sussex27 November 2017
I do enjoy working for this company but I am finding it difficult with the travelling, main reason for moving on is to work closer to my home, what I dont like about this company is the unfair annual leave system they have, the hours are not flexible it is 2 x 12 hr shifts
Pros
to be honest i ca t think of any pros
Cons
12hr shifts not very flexible
Worst company ive ever worked for
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ledbury, Herefordshire21 November 2017
Worked for shaw for 15 years as domestic to start not too bad enough staff good team work .two cleaners on each floor spotless people left as hours changed hard to get replacements as by then the place had a bad name large turnover of staff in all departments management rude unhelpful & are unable to run their departments effeciently so many cleaners have now left 3 more since I left without being replaced it must be like a pig sty in there cleaners are now doing 3 floors by themselves when I handed in my notice after being offered another job nobody batted an eye lid loyalty is not rewarded they dont care .although just a domestic the company should realise that if staff are happy in their work they will stay & a companys profit is earned by their staff however low down the pay scale they are
Pros
Cons
No support management utterly useless
Caring place to work at, Fun, loving
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 November 2017
Amazing care home to work at, the staff and mangement is nice and caring, recommended place to work at. The hardest is taking it in with what you got to do, but you will get the hand of it in a short amount of time, the enjoy is having team work.
Enjoyable workpace
Day Care Support Worker/Activities Planner (Current Employee) –  Horsham12 November 2017
I enjoy my job as no two days are the same. I love working with the elderly and gain immense rewards in knowing that i have made a positive difference to someones day
Cons
low pay
Sad to be leaving a great Company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 November 2017
Have worked for Shaw Edinburgh for 18 months. Sadly due to family commitments have have to leave a great job. Worked alongside some excellent carers..going to miss you all.office staff are very supportive and management approachable..i would recommend anyone wanted to work in care to apply to Shaw,they do a great job looking after the elderly..
Pros
Bonus bus pass great team
Cons
good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester1 November 2017
good company to work for, supportive in certain areas. changes are needed. staff are not always listened too. pay is not the best in the industry. staff members make the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9