Shaw healthcare Employee Reviews

Profession company with high level of care.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire1 December 2019
Enjoyed learning the diet requirements for Care home service users
disappointed about the amount of waist generated due to lack of communication and menu feedback from unit carers.
Lovely home
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Corby7 November 2019
I absolutely love my job residents are very well looked after and have lots of activities each day. Management are amazing and very approachable.
Most of the staff are lovely and work as a team to give the best possible care. Its low wage for job role but a very rewarding job. Best place I have worked as far as care goes!!! I highly recommend applying for a job welcoming
Great place
Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire5 November 2019
Current employee at shaw droitwich, thoroughly enjoy working here, the staff are like one big family, management are very easy to talk to and make you feel appreciated for which ever role/roles you have. I have grown as a person and made new friends and learned new skills and bettered my skills working here.
Terrible manager
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire24 October 2019
The manager does not address any issues and has lost the respect from her staff. There is no positive feed back from
The manager and because of this there is a low moral. There is one team leader that is rude and obnoxious to certain members of staff and nothing is done about this. There are some really good staff members there that care and are passionate about their jobs. However the home is currently being let down by the manager and this certain team leader.
Lovely place to work
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 October 2019
Shaw have got it right compared to some care companies in Bristol. Really supportive, good management, good pay for some. I wish all companies were like this.
Pros
Good management pay, support system
Cons
Poor support worker pay
Under payed. Understaffed
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol8 October 2019
Constantly asked to cover shifts, daily whilst on annual leave. Poor pay, poor appreciation of staff. Staff concerns not listened to. All about image and not reality. I would not recommend working for shaw.
Job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire4 October 2019
Hated job from start to finish
Bad communication from management
Told working at one place only to work at another
People worked with clients lovely but staff horrible treated clients terribly and when spoke out got rebuked
Cartref : Not the best place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  Hay-on-wye4 October 2019
Having worked here had to eventually leave , even tho enjoyed what I did (a bit of everything) , found some of the workforce who work and socialise together very clicky and if you didn't fit in you would be left doing the work while they pick and choose what they did. Felt the place wasn't run properly too many big I ams ! who think they in charge , manager who had favourites who could do no wrong , was never approachable and rarely praised the actual hard working staff , so many incidents and occurrences swept under carpet. Hopefully Shaw Healthcare will shake the place up for the residents sake who deserve a lot better than they get
Productive & Fun Place To Work
Recruitment & HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset23 September 2019
Shaw health care's values are -
*Wellness
*Happiness
*Kindness

The best part of my role is to support managers and staff to make sure they are the best they can be.

Shaw make sure the residents receive the best care. I would recommend Shaw as an employer of choice if you are looking for high standards and career progression if your area.
Pros
Discounted meals, employee benefits and work/life balance
Awful work place
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  West Sussex21 September 2019
Management don’t support staff at all, some staff don’t even help they just sit on there phones most the shift and residents needs get ignored, bullying always goes on. Lovely residents tho. Home is clean. Deputy manager also gets food off the trolley before residents even get there’s. Don’t go here you will hate it!!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Horrible management
Very good
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Desborough, Northamptonshire13 September 2019
Good place to work.staff very nice and welcoming to new staff.manager really help full good management.good all round place.clean . training really good able to improve skills.
Salary can be improved
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh6 September 2019
Better employee benefits, good for start up carer.

Rota management is worst - wont benefit the carer.

Unplanned events occur mostly.

Salary can be increased a bit for starters.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad rota
Stay away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire29 August 2019
Worked for shaw for over 10 years, management was fantastic during the first years of employment however that changed, blame culture and bullying towards staff, much was covered up, far too much pressure placed on all staff members made to feel guilty if couldn’t cover extra shifts, called constantly in days off
Decent company Terrible Home
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Builth Wells, Powys29 August 2019
Shaw appears to be a decent company in general but has taken on a group of homes with massive systematic failings.
Poor management who sweep major incidents under the carpet and allow falsifying of documents. Staff are very under appreciated and poorly treated as people. Residents are institutionalised from the beginning and aren’t given a platform to have their views heard let alone acted on. met.
Health care support worker
CareSupport Worker (Former Employee) –  Trinidad Village poole28 July 2019
I worked for Trinidad Village for Shaw health care.
From the time of interview the company were not organised it took them three months to get me started working there I had to do all the chasing and push to get my own referances from my previous employers. A lot of walking around in assisted living flats half an hr break on a twelve hr shift having to do personal care and answer phone constantly.
Hard work but caring
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset12 July 2019
I joined the company last year and went through some awful times with very poor managers that didn't care. I spoke.to senior managers and they liste8to keep and my team mates. We have new managers now who are.fair and have worked hard to make some changes to improve the team .
We work hard and I feel we make a difference to.peoples lives , it's not just personal care its quality of life.
The recent changes of managers has made the difference in me staying. The senior managers listen to everyone no matter their role.
If you want a job that at the end of the day to go home and feel you have made a.difference ... apply.
Pros
Making a difference in lives
Cons
No overtime rates
Lot entertainment and fun
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex8 July 2019
I worked with the company for 8 years I was enjoying working with all the staff and management we was one big team never forget never had problems always support each other. If was a company nearly were am leave I was continuing work with the same company
Stress
Service manager (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex8 July 2019
Senior management doesn’t listen to concerns raised to safeguard residents
Policies flawed
Staff culture is terrible
Everyone need to cover themselves
Pros
Cons
Lots
Awful
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Poole7 July 2019
Worst senior management, they target individuals and have poor practice. CQC would be horrified if they really knew what was going on.
Staff are over worked, management are undermined and ops management are bullies.
Poor staff development and support
Pros
Nome
great teamwork
Activities Champion (Current Employee) –  Evesham, Worcestershire4 July 2019
a diligent team of dedicated professionals that are a joy to work with. Good management and an interesting career to have working in the dementia care field.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9