Sharpsmart Ltd

Sharpsmart Ltd Employee Reviews

No health and safety at all no matter how many times you bring it to management attention. Company is a joke. No training on anything but expect everyone to use machinery without SSOW and risk assessments. Turn over of staff is unbelievable as the job is that bad.
Pros
Home time and payday
Cons
Working for them
If you like been lied to and worked like a donkey and have no health and safety knowledge this is for you I know a lot of reviews give bad feedback but this company really are rock bottom a plant manager who wants to be Your friend a northern area manager who is the same but both will lie through there back teeth Then when on there own will actually slag each other off the place is demoralising and stab you in the back then when there on there own they actually slag each other off
Pros
Days off
Cons
Monday morning
Sharpsmart is an exciting place to work with strong values and great culture. The company takes care and attention to personal growth and development. It is a fast paced working environment where new opportunities arise everyday. Every member of the team is valued and being able to to work with other colleagues as a team make working at Sharpsmart more enjoyable.
Sharpsmart is experiencing an incredible journey of growth at the moment and along with that comes exciting and hard challenges, but also opportunities to grow and develop skills. Sharpsmart is genuinely interested in their workforce's wellbeing and views and I personally, have had fantastic support from line management in two of the companies main departments. The culture is great, everyday is exciting and we have a great balance of work and fun.
Pros
Supportive line management and lots of opportunities for progression
As a current employee, it is exciting to be part of such a innovative and dynamic company that is consistently growing. There are some excellent systems in place to contribute your ideas and loads of knowledge and resources across all departments, not one of which won’t offer support when asked. I’m really looking forward to my future here.
Will promise the world but not deliver. Management will act like you are best mates and use you then stab you in the back as soon as your back is turned. Change contract terms with no consultation and have to chase them for any sort of answer which was usually just bollocks. Poor health and safety which needs sorting out. Had 7 wages from them and 3 were wrong.
Pros
Units clean
Cons
Toxic environment
During my years working at Sharpsmart the business has grown massively, but the ethos has stayed the same throughout, with a really strong team in all elements of the business working to support each other regardless of the department or position they work in. The Management Team have driven the company to bring new and innovative products and solutions to the UK market, whilst ensuring the whole team have a clear understanding of the key goals and core values of the company. We have an solid work life balance, and as the global business is still a family run business, there is a great deal of support from the company management team when life gets in the way.
This company is set in its ways and do not like change. They get as much information out of you to benefit their new ventures as they can. The senior management team is made up of very young employees who have no life experience and dive into things making bad judgments and decisions. The national ops manager needs a firework put under his office chair and ignited. Everything takes an age to get done and you cannot make a decision without running it by people who quite frankly couldn't run a bath.
Sharpsmart welcomes you in from day one, Here we operate as friends as well as work colleagues. Since joining I have had plenty of support from all levels and I have found they listen to the staff to help improve the daily processes in the business. After six months I have got to know most employees on a personal level which isn't always possible in every business.
Pros
Here you get a say to help improve daily functions.
Cons
Hit the ground running so not found too many cons in my first months with the business.
I’ve been with the business 10years and have had multiple opportunities to advance my career with experience through internal and external training and earned promotion. Lots of support from the CEO down to the passionate team I work with everyday. The business invests in a people and culture focus to support growth and retention of talent. We get friends and customers always asking if there are jobs available!
Pros
Great Values, best in the world products, amazing teamBonus and recognition perks
Equality is minimum to non-existent at Sharpsmart. You are discriminated against due to age, gender, experience and/or appearance. Management is very poor and all very unprofessional. Systems are outdated and the company does not appear to want to invest in better systems.
Pros
Workplace devices such as laptops, mobile phones and company vehicles
Cons
Low Wage, High Expectations, Poor Management
  1. Employee reviews