Sharps Bedrooms Ltd

Sharps Bedrooms Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom61 reviews
To get results you have to dedicate yourself to work to get the leads needed for the appointments.
Sharps give the tools to achieve that.

It is a nice company to work for

I would certainly recomend it.

Minimum salary but with commission and incentives you can get a reasonable salary
I enjoyed working for Sharps Bedrooms I was sorry to leave. Management where supportive, and I got on well with everyone I met, in a friendly and professional maner. I liked the responseabilty of opening and closing the shop. There where targets set which I reached. I would work for them again.
Pros
A great company to work for. Supportive management
Cons
Basic wage plus commission Sometimes not many customers
Treat you like poo
Use n abuse you till no longer needed

Promises of a full job but never happerns

Worked there 3 years on agency put my all in to it, to get a full time job there as and when i did eventually receive a job app of them, they then got rid of me saying had no work, but was at there busiest time of year!?
Over all good challenging job, very nice team, good management team who care about all staff, unfortunately the payment and the hours are not that great
The money is not fare for the skills. The percentage its not good for the good skilled carpenter.The good thing are,they try to keep the workers minimum 4 days a week occupied.
The work's ok once you get used to overcoming their frequent mistakes and wrongly supplied or damaged materials, but be prepared for accepting jobs that pay less than or around 100 pounds a day if you complete in the time they arbitrarily allocate for installation.
You will have your good weeks, but then there's also the weeks where you'll earn less than half a good weeks pay. 3 and 4 day weeks are common if you're not prepared or unwilling to work 7 days a week.

Be prepared to spend half a working day driving to and from jobs that are 130+ miles from your house with a pittance paid for fuel. No subsistence pay for staying away from family and no money for food while you do. You do get to claim back for a hotel or digs (Upto 45 pounds a night- good luck finding a hotel for that) which is repaid to you as gross salary so you pay income tax on it again before it gets back to you.

Your Field manager will most likely be good to you and will make lots of promises and give you assurances to keep you going and make sure you finish that job but then come back and let you know that sorry unfortunately as it works out his hands are tied by the head office...

The work is relentless, they're certainly a busy company but don't turn down any of the work they push at you or you'll soon find yourself not receiving other jobs, certainly not any well paid jobs.

Incompetent office staff with arrogant and ignorant senior management add to your problems and will cheerfully leave you out of pocket whilst telling you it's just a 'rough with the smooth' situation and that it's going to improve,
 - more...
The Company is well organized with the designers and the show room appointment system whereby the sales then take place when the customers are satisfied with the design and the price quotation.
Pros
Use own initiative and support from Head Office
Cons
Need more customers on a daily basis to be more challenging and productive
Great place to work ppl great to get on with.work is sound loads to do ...but unfortunately had to leave because of poor wages.....but miss the place ...good holidays and good break Christmas time..
I worked for Sharps for three years in the Manchester Office as a field sales rep.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a sales role where they can be part of a dynamic team
Initially started out well, team members were supportive of my role.
Unfortunately, the role was to cover a few showrooms and due to business demand the locations became too far for me to travel.
if you face fits its great
if you feel you can sell double glazing at any price you will do well but of you sell in a consultative way don't bother applying

its also commision only but at less than they tell you ant the interview
First of all, I enjoy working for Sharps enormously, they have been a constant source of appointments which keep me busy 7 days a week. They are 100% reliable when paying wages. On the downside, some appointments can be less than helpful and when put together with my biggest gripe, the job becomes very hard to finance. My biggest problem is the huge amount of mileage you need to do (over 1000 miles per week), the company pays nothing towards this.
When I was employed i didn't get much training as this was a new role to the company, sometimes I would be doing accounts work and then another time i would be doing payroll which i didn't want to do.
It’s not what you know it’s who you know,all the staff of either shift will state the same about this place an office staff don’t care about the issues of the shop floor an the production manager has his side profits.
My time at sharps bedrooms helped me gain confidence and helped me learn many new things.
As senior administrator I had a lot of responsibility which is good for working on organisation skills
terrible company terrible training, terrible incompetent mangers who only criticise , they walk in to your office where they have no business, yell at you for some reason then walk out, i had envelopes n my desk a small pile they came in yelled at me that i was untidy then left. their idea of training is to yell at you infront of everyone until you get it, they criticise your clothes, your weight, they look you up and down, terrible, they fired me for, and i quote, too friendly and common.
Pros
Cons
working for sharps
I suppose the work was ok. The management is all right. The designs are made by hand and many clients wish to see it in 3D, which can become a problem. I used to sell because my drawings were of high quality. The problem was that I had to lie to the client and say that at the moment we had a 50% sale plus another 20% when in truth, the 50% sale is all through the year and it is just for the client to think they are getting a good deal. I don't like lying and I didn't force the client to buy. However, I used to make them feel comfortable with me first and then ask what they were expecting to get and from that work on the drawings and make the sale.
Pros
If you don't mind lying to the client and are good at sales the job is for you
Cons
0 hour job
Very positive place to work at. Great people and friendly environment. Feel valued as an employee. Recognises hard work and awards accordingly work colleagues are very helpful and always ready to support. The working place added a lot to my experience and knowledge of British culture.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
Non
This place is a disgrace, management is horrible, customer service is worse, not up to date with technology, writing customer bank details on paper, also terrible training which is your siting by someone who's doing their work but trying to teach you something both at the same time. The customer service manger is one of the worst mangers you could ever work with absolutely terrible shes not with the times. Only thing I learnt from this place is how to demand customer's to be in for fitting. The most enjoyable part of the job is finding a car parking space. Lucky for me i left after three weeks got a better job better pay and not running around with customer's bank details on paper only to be dashed in some tray.
Pros
Car parking space
Cons
Terrible management
Been with sharps for a year and a half now, overall it suits me, get paid regularly, good communication with the office staff, get to meet new people on the job, job materials on site waiting, can have a day off occasionally which suits me, once into the routine of the work then it flows and job satisfaction is when the customer is happy. Decent company to work for.
Pros
Paid regular, left to do work, meet new people
Cons
Sometimes travelling
I've been a fitter for Sharps for a couple of months now and enjoying every minute. From starting the installation to handing over well designed product to the customer.
Always very rewarding to stand back and admire the finished product, best thing is seeing smiles from ear to ear on customers faces.

Excellent communication from my point of contact in the office, also always making sure everything is going smoothly and always available when needed.

Technical staff are very helpful when clarification is required on a fit.

Not had an issue with material and everything is delivererd to the room I'm working in.

Field Manager is extremely helpful and always available to provide advice. Mentors are a real asset to the company.

Always have regular work and the pay is reasonably good.
Pros
Guaranteed work.