Shake Shack Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London30 November 2019
I looked forward to waking up and going to work, I worked 4 days a week the whole of my summer holidays after year 12 and it was the best summer I've had so far. I made new friends and gained a lot of new skills. It was a fun and relaxed workplace considering a lot had to be done. The management at the store were kind and it was like a family. If I had a more flexible timetable in year 13, I would've continued working there.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk26 November 2019
Great place to work in the summer, friendly colleagues, great boss, friendly customers, I don't know what else I can write to fulfill the characters, there, done it!
Dislike
Kitchen member (Former Employee) –  Cardiff23 November 2019
Management are terrible the workers are nice we were a team but it was made hard by management would not wana work hear ever again or recoment anyone els to
I regret my application
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London8 November 2019
I feel sincerely sorry for these people and the way they trick the loyal hard workers. They only promise opportunities to grow and when you are ready to go for the next step you realize that nothing will ever happen and you will have to be happy with the minimum wages and more and more responsibilities
Average
Cash/ Hospitality Team Member (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden, Greater London27 October 2019
Easy job to get, you meet very good people with a lot of different personalities and this is the only thing that make this place good. Shake shake covent garden can get very busy, there is a lot of touristss, so you can make some good tip sometimes.. Otherwise most of the managers / supervisors don’t know how to do their job properly and pick their favorites. They pay is low and the payroll always make mistakes. Make sure you check your payslip everytime if you don’t want to get rob.
Ok place to work for
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road20 October 2019
good Company to work for and the people are great. Always doing new things and facing new challenges everyday. Atmosphere is family oriented and also dog friendly which is awesome.
Wouldnt work here again
Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria8 October 2019
I worked at shake shack for 3 years,
The people you meet and work with will be lovely and you will meet a lot of different people with different personalities.
The people i worked with here are probably the reason i stayed so long.
You are expected to do long 12 hour shifts,
The management do NOT care about you as a person they care about the business.
People ate treated unfairly.
And bullying happens in this business.
Managers have their “favourites”
This is not a company i would work for again.
Great enviroment and fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  London22 August 2019
I learned a lot in my first job in UK,dealing with customer service every day opening cash and closing cash.I am in charge for the daily breaks of the employers and also for the weekly shift programme.
No job security
Crew Member [Temporary] (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London13 July 2019
Make you work the 3 month probation period then sack you after a shift 12 Finnish
Not worth applying for if you want job security don't look here for it
Foot Locker
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London16 May 2019
I used to work in Shake Shack in Canary Wharf was a good workplace because was very clean nice view good athmospere. i would suggest to stop there for a burger if you are visiting canary wharf.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very long hours
Lovely fun past paced enviroment
Crew Member - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden12 February 2019
I really did enjoy working in the back of the kitchen because i got to meet new personalities and the work wasn't hard. Although the environment was lovely and everyone was friendly. I would say it was long hours and during the long hours you constantly have your feet killing you for standing on one spot for hours.
Pros
free lunches
Horrible place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2019
Other team members were great to work with but management were awful and had their favourites. Health and safety was not always followed either. I only got paid on time once.
Pros
Poor management, pay, no job security and long hours
Cons
Co- workers
Very fun work place and productive.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London26 September 2018
Good staff hard workers but very less payment for theyr hard work .
Fun place to work they appreciete your self and they recognise your skills but some of the management team dont care about you and is quaiet dificult to work with .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
fun but a little bit tiring
P/T Team Member (Former Employee) –  London23 September 2018
The people I used to work with are very nice (we are still friends and we hang out all the time!). The management was also okay, very helpful and patient if it's your first job.
Productive & fun workplace
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  New Oxford Street23 August 2018
Loved working in a friendly yet professional environment. Great team & good management. It was lovely to interact with customers & get to see regular customers come in & remember you & you remember them & ordering the same things.
Pros
Free lunches
great people
F&B Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 August 2018
good point is that is stuff meal and 1h break, menagement is monitoring all courses so stuff is prepared for work in proper way. but contract conditions could be little bit better.
Adequite
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Stratford3 August 2018
Working here was extremely stressful. Your team members are wonderful, the only reason why I stayed however the management team are awful. They pick on staff members but make sure other mangers are okay 247. team members made to work in small numbers with big requests and no help from the management side.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
understaffed, Long hours.
Good
Hospitality, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester Square22 June 2018
The pay was great but I wasn't paid until the end of August even though I started in early July. Some managers were good, some were rude. Overall, a good experience because of the pay.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Overload of work
Terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester Square, Greater London1 May 2018
Manager was not a nice person Rude manager, perverted manager , they take advantage of you ur availability and make you work till the next day on a school day not good for students
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Piccadilly, Greater London28 April 2018
I loved my Job as Prep. I learned how to do the food preparation. good culture. The only thing I found it hard of my job is the long hour standing. The hardest part of my job is carrying heavy stuff but aside of this all the rest are enjoyable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shake Shack. Our community is ready to answer.

Shake Shack Reviews by Location