SG Gaming

SG Gaming Employee Reviews

United Kingdom25 reviews
If I had the opprtunity - I would go back to SG. I only had to leave due to personal circumstances, but the nature of the business area has gone into a downturn due to government legislation.
If you do get the opportunity to join them, I would
The overall job was possible the best I've had very good training with refresher as well good training management team. The saddest day was when the Birmingham depot went sad day lost some good friends and colleagues. Left to get on with your own schedule calls where sent to you so no fixed routine local areas covered so no serious traveling unless helping out. Workplace culture everyone helped everyone if you needed parts its only a phone call away. There was no hard parts of the job if you knew the role it was steady the hardest part would be the end products customers not staff from shops but their customers some where not forgiving and sometimes you could take it personally. Management where under a lot of preasure as I realise now. SG wasn't just another one of those companies in the industry it was the leader that's because of its structure. If I could I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
The people
Cons
not very good. no opportunity to progress unless you are a snake.
Don't bother unless you like being made a mug of, no chance of progression. work somewhere else.
Pros
they give u toast
Cons
erm? stuff that you shouldn't be doin
Great people and employee assistance and support was very proactive and positive. Dyas work was varied and met many different individuals. Understanding new equipment and apps was the thing taht took a little time to develop. Although company colleagues and support really good.
Rewarding work but poor pay and more than likely to get rid of people now as company seems to be loosing contracts and making staff redundant and not replacing them meaning more work for others
I wish someone had posted honest review of what happens and the environment in the IT department.
Technology is basic but ego is big.

It's not a good environment to work in.
Best place I’ve ever worked in my life, from work colleagues to managers to everything, the work is enjoyable, and the factory is run the best out of any place I’ve worked
I’m very happy to work in SG Gaming, salary is competitive and management is perfect.
2 years in the company, I learned a lot and lear every day something new.
Difficult company's culture, based on leverage, staff resistant to change.
Messy system and processes, no documentation of processes and no proper training to new staff and new systems.
I had a great time working for SG once id been promoted. up until that point it was very mundane and repetitive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
This company makes money from its end customer's misery and takes advantage of their gambling addiction.

If you can deal with that then carry on and you'll have a great time.
Pros
Interesting and varied work
Cons
People hating you at every opportunity
Work in our department is varied with lots of opportunities, Fault finding and diagnostics, installation of networks, ideal for a practical problem solver.
Pros
Nice environment
Lack of employee development
Short sighted decision making

Low wages

High staff turnover

Core teams have some proactive individuals

General work culture is relaxed

Flexible hours (core 10am to 4pm)
Pros
Free lunch on Friday
Working in a very fast paced contact centre. Working alongside field operations to ensure SLA is met monthly. Working with Account Managers, discussing customer needs and problem solving.
Service Desk is a very calm and relaxed place even during outages. We are one big team who all have the same end goal. To provide excellent customer service.
Cons
No progression / developement
Poor work/life balance, bookmakers/ bingo halls deppressing places to be.
Management poor but colleagues always help out.

Good bonus at end of year, ok job if you need the money.
Pros
None really
Cons
Long hours, workplace awful
The company has come a long way since the days of Global Draw, and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to advance their career in the gaming industry!
Pros
Career advancement & development. Good work life balance (9.30am start time)
Cons
Poor location, not near the train station
pleasant working experience, great teams, good quality products. i would work for this company again. the job is clear and training is good
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
Great job with some great benefits. Home based
It is a very busy role so work/life balance not the best.

No 2 days are the same.

The industry is booming and growing so always busy with new updates of software and hardware too stay ahead of the rest.

The job is very enjoyable and I enjoy the role very much.

The work life balance is my only real down side and starting salary. 2 people can start same job 1 with experience and 1 without yet same salary!
Good Fun company to work in. Very exciting industry and excellent experience and exposure.

Senior staff are approachable and very helpful.

I would recommend this company
I have been in the gaming industry for over a decade and I have to say that this is the worst place I have worked at.
Management have no people skills - Hence high turn over of service staff.

Spare parts that are repaired on site, they hardly ever work.

Call centre who handle and distribute service calls have no geographical knowledge.

Stores - majority of people working at head office are rude.

You will have an area where the previous engineer has not done his job right and machines will have not been kept clean and tidy.

Expected to PPM sites whilst 'on call' you end up driving miles and miles between sites.

Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Read my review
Great Company to work for. Hours can be a bit harse, depanding on the deparment your employed with in. Management are good and friendly.
Pros
Good company to work for.