SF Group

SF Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews
Fun place to work but say goodbye to a social life
PROS
Nice people and an excellent culture. Probably helps if you're younger and into the heavy drinking environment though, what you'd expect in recruitment.

Benefits package is good, once you start billing well

Trusting

Good leadership from board level

CONS

Starting salaries for a graduate are very low compared to others in the market

Regular hours are 8.30am-6.30pm which is already 10 hour day, but if you don't put in additional hours on top of that EVERYDAY you will be looked down on

Managers do not lead by example, always told "get on the phone" but managers there are seldom seen to do this themselves

Do not treat everyone equally - big billers = get away with anything
Pros
Good culture if you drink
Cons
"Get on the phone" environment; long hours
Horrendous
Unprofessional and no response to countless emails. Roles sent to me were below skill set. Sent me jobs that all of a sudden were on hold and then when i applied direct the role was still open.
Rude phone manners.

Just such a bad experience
Vibrant company to work for
Great office environment great people always willing to lend a hand where needed. Values employees and family work life balance. Of all the companies I have contracted with I give them a 5 star. 🥳
Pros
Free breakfast snacks and great team socials
Cons
Can’t think of any
Unprofessional
I found SF Group’s communication practices awful. It is surprising that they have any clients who are willing to let SF Group represent them with their talent acquisition.
Excellent
Great company it's a shame I had to leave the staff are friendly and fun to be around one off the best companies to work for and they are flexible to help you
Pros
Great people
Best advice Steer Clear
Worst placement ever - no support dreadful communication . Once in placement your forgotten about and do not help support you in looking for anything else.
Dreadful company to be involved with.
I found SF Group to be very unprofessional in their work and approach, and their communication is awful. They do not know how to conduct themselves in business whatsoever.
Excellent
I have used SF Group for a number of years and been placed in numerous temporary positions. I have always found them very professional and friendly,

They keep in touch with you when you are on assignments, they always pay on time.
Pros
Flexible
Incompetent and no respect
I found SF Group totally incompetent. They kept contacting me regarding jobs way below my skillset. They also asked far too many personal questions which made me feel uncomfortable. Do not use them
Pros
Cons
Incompetent and dont listen to candidates needs
Useless
Incompetent at best, probably just lazy. Recruitment at its shoddiest - poor communication, little appreciation of candidate needs, SF rarely have a retained assignment and behave like many bodyshop agencies.
Avoid
Pros
Cons
Anonymous and uncaring
Poor Recruitment Consultant
From getting my name wrong to never responding to emails or telephone calls, even when I would be responding to their correspondence, I would never recommend SF Group, there are far better accountancy recruitment consultants out there
Really poor communication
Absolutely terrible. After two weeks of great contact they basically disappear on you. Try applying to jobs you see through them and chase your account manager and they ignore you! The only time the want a "catchup" is to check they can still keep you on their books. Would NOT recommend at all, far better agencies out there with staff that know what they're doing.
Pros
Absolutely no pros
Cons
AVOID THEM!! If you want a job they aren't the agency to spend your quality time on
Hated every minute
I worked with them for over 4 months. I worked really hard every chance I got. But whenever I needed help or to speak to my consultant they would never get back and I got blamed in the end. Company is not structured to help you throughout your work time so no point joining tthem
Pros
Cons
Bad communication
Poor recruitment management with SF
Having used the SF Group to help me find work I was left thoroughly disappointed. I was asked to meet a member of their team to fill in paperwork and discuss options on a number of occasions and the individual that was meant to meet with me never turned up. When I contacted said person they would always blame me even though I had sat waiting in the location for over an hour each time.

When they did eventually secure work for myself I was unfortunate to have fallen unwell and needed time off. The employer I was with was fine with the time off required but the SF Group recommended the client let me go.

Throughout the whole time I dealt with them they showed nothing but unprofessionalism.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, rude
good stepping stone
a typical day for this company would be all accounting roles with a lot of customer service to varied companys
Recruitment Concultant
This was a first job outside of university and was exactly what it says on the tin. A lot of cold calling.