ServiceMaster Employee Reviews

Found 119 reviews matching the search See all 2,226 reviews
to many people telling you what to do Cleaning operative
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Atham13 May 2019
i would not gave this Company the time of day, stock out keeps Running out the cleaners are great to work with. a shame about the Management very poor indeed , not run very well needs to improve big stile . 05/10 the cleaner are running about like rabbits no good very Disappointing
Dont bother
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire30 April 2019
Hardly any cleaning equipment supervisor was having to buy her own to bring in Hoover's broken and not enough to go round cleaning isnt good when you have to walk from one side of a building to another to get a Hoover! Pay was almost always wrong pay slips were practically none existent
great team to work with
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire12 April 2019
i work 2 hours a day which works around my home life overtime comes up regularly , 6am start so rest of day is mine, good company very understanding and always listen to their workers, we have a good laugh but do our job to a high standard. good pay
Pros
local work, good team
Cons
getting up early
Enjoyed working as a cleaner
Cleaner/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Didcot31 March 2019
Working for service master was fun. Hours weren’t bad. Got along with everybody that worked there. Very nice people to work for. I enjoyed it very much
Fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot Town26 March 2019
Usual early morning start. Go into the workplace, complete a 2 hour clean (ensuring all specified areas for the particular building have been covered) and leave. occasional phone calls and check up's from head office to see how you're getting on. Overall pleasant to work for.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Not a good place to work
Mobile Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ely, Cambridgeshire26 March 2019
I worked at this company for about 4mths. Badly managed, and the pay wasn't good. Always short of cleaning equipment on sites, if there's any at all. Bad pay for the work you do, plus bad working conditions. No real ppe, and when I got a needle from a smackheads syringe stuck in my finger, no real support. On the whole a very badly managed company. During my time at the Ely depot, at least four people left in as many month's, due to conditions and how they were treated. Pay system very unfair. Avoid at all costs. 0 out of 10 on everything.
Pros
Cons
Treated horrendous
Great Workplace
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  London4 February 2019
Great atmosphere and opportunities for development. I gained many skills as an office manager here before becoming a client relationship manager. Would definitely recommend.
Bad Company to Work for!..
Very Badly Managed and Run (Former Employee) –  East Devon31 January 2019
I worked for this Company in 2016 / 2017 they were brought in to take over the Contract.. Bad move in the space of the Year we had 6 Supervisor staff never Stayed long Management treated their staff like They were Worthless I was made to feel incompetent and useless and Shouted at in front of other Staff ..which brought me to tears and suffered from Depression.. No I would not recommend this Company.. I worked at this Site for 9 yrs. All fine until Service Master took over the Cleaning ..
Pros
Non
Cons
Treat staff like they are Stupid
Avoid
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom28 January 2019
Dreadful experience. This company is all about the management when it should be about the cleaners who are the backbone. They are laughing all the way to the bank whilst cleaners get shafted. The job itself was fine but management make it stressful and unpleasant. NEVER AGAIN.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management, low pay, bully culture
Friendly company
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Cambridge27 January 2019
A good company to work for. I only do limited hours for them. Evening cleaning. Cleaning in an open office environment. Helpful if I need to speak to management or supervisor.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
Low wages
Poor managment
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire24 January 2019
Poor management, only worked for the company for 2 months due to this.
No PPE provided expected to clean toilets and urinals with no gloves.
Basic cleaning equipment (cloths, lol and bucket, toilet cleaner and sanitizer)
Broken Hoover was reported and never replaced same with no PPE ever been provided.
Underpaid for both months of employment.
Managers ignore emails.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No communication and PPE
Rubbish
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 December 2018
The place of work was disgusting only a couple of nice people who would help.
Service master as a company are rubbish some are very clicky yet slag each other off
Pros
Easy
Cons
Clicky team
Cleaner former employee
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Congleton Cheshire22 November 2018
Worked for service master clean on three sites in congleton.lovely company to work for easy to aproch and order stock the training staff are noligable and they will give feed back to you to help you do your job or give you a guide to doing your job better they do come back from time to time NOT to check up or spy on you.but just to simply see how you are
Pros
Lovely job
Cons
Poor company and Unprofesional.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire25 October 2018
The worst company I have ever worked for you complain about one supervisors attitude then they all gang up on you making false allegations.
Pay 75% of the time wrong holidays always try top round down and underpay you. .
Flexiable workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 October 2018
not bad not too good
training is provided
hard part of the job to work outside in some contracts
the most enjoyable part of the job is you are confident with the people you are working with
cleaning
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland3 October 2018
great part job with support if needed, job its self is easy and staff at place of work are lovely. cleaning supplies are provided and re stoked at request.
Providing a good service
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth1 October 2018
Loading van which was provided
Making sure it was equipped for the day ahead
Learnt good communication skills
Enjoyed meeting people / customers
Which was a good satisfaction when job was completed
Pros
Working on my own
Cons
Not many
Nice easy job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire29 September 2018
Nice easy cleaning job. The staff where I was cleaning was nice and friendly.
Servicemaster staff and supervisors all slag each other off , one rule for one and another for someone else.Always using wages against you leaving you worried by the end of the month if your going to be paid or not..
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Productive, various locations, poor pay
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Congleton27 September 2018
The typical day is cleaning offices, workplaces, and restrooms. You're taught how everything is used and walked through each companies requirements.

Management as of the time I worked for them was supportive initially but then they left the company. I worked alongside another cleaner at some locations who were nice

Nothing particularly hard about the job, it requires you to really graft at times depending on how dirty a place got within the time allowed. The pay was minimum wage and I think this should be more compared to other companies in this sector.

Other than knowing you've done a good job, there wasn't anything particularly enjoyable about this job. One location offered you a free hot drink as you worked but that was just a reflection of the company you cleaned for.
Pros
Chose of location, adequate training
Cons
Pay
Overall a very welcoming company but could be better.
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 August 2018
They welcome you into their company with open arms and are very understanding but there is work for improvement when it comes to cover due to lack of staff.
Pros
Easy money, pay is decent especially for young adults.
Cons
Lack of staff which means you could be called in to cover another job when you're not available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ServiceMaster. Our community is ready to answer.