Servest Employee Reviews

Just Poor
Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester15 August 2018
Employed as manager - used as a cleaner! Pay messed up and no one tried to fix it. Poor structure & lots of time book fraud but manager not interested
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Attitudes of store managers!
Bullying, Harrasment and round the clock working
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 August 2018
A horrible working environment, HR give no support, managers are terrible. Receiving calls till midnight some night. Working 7 days a week. The Bullying and Harrasment from upper management was utterly horrible making the work horrible.
Eg I worked six days in a row, was due for one day off on a Sunday and my manager 'demanded' that I work Sunday also to cover problems as there was no other cleaners and they had no resources.
Pros
Cons
See above
No support from management
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  lincoln7 August 2018
The only good thing about working for this company was the ability to work hours that suited school pick up times.
Never receive any support from management when needed. If needed a call was placed to only be told every time that they were busy and that they would call back. After not hearing anything for a few days they would be called again and the result would be to get shouted at for bothering them.
The clock-in system is constantly out of sync, and results in people being deducted on their wages nearly every pay day.
Cleaning supplies never arrive when ordered,
Pros
being able to work around school times
Cons
lack of support, incorrect pay
Could be better if it was run better
Bench guard (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 August 2018
Lasted for 3 weeks was lied to about my contract (it's actually zero hours) Expected to work long hours some guards 14-19 days in a row with out a break. You are expected to drop everything can be called on your day off your shifts can change when you get to the venue the more work you turn down your noted as "refusal to work" which in turn means when it goes quite you won't be considered for work in turn which means you could go 4-5 weeks without work … Avoid ! unless you want big money quick make your money and get out quick !
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long hours, leagally blackmailed to doing work, no time to yourself, if your not sleeping your working if your not working your sleeping
not good
Hygiene Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  nationwide5 August 2018
They seen to want more work and less pay, not supplied the correct equipment tp carry out the work, the communication between staff and Management was poor.they have a very high turn over of staff.
Pros
uniform
Cons
not a good company
Worst company to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire31 July 2018
Never got my pay was in the process to take them through acas for non payment then I walked out as I had enough of the lying manager and the useless H.r department. I would never work or contemplate working for this company.
Pros
Worst company ive ever worked for!!!!
Mobile Cleaner (Current Employee) –  essex and suffolk29 July 2018
Where do i begin...

- pay is always wrong
- mangers are nasty and very rude
- no notice on jobs, sometimes being made to clean on days off because of poor planing
- mangers dont believe you and dont listen to you. never take yourside
- was working 6 days a week with at least 8 hours a day to now rarely working because the "area" is over budget, meaning i cant get any work
- just a really bad organized company. managers only care for themselves and there pay checks
horrible company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton Heath, Greater London26 July 2018
Just had a run in with a manager,to which me and my friend(both black)were told "we are both one of a kind" racial descrimination at its best. would never recommend anyone to this place,manager was a user.
Pros
pay ok
Cons
horrible place to work
Bum on seat, get on with it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow26 July 2018
Your only a payroll number and bum on a seat.
Long hours poor family life balance, expect you to drop everything for them.
If you say no, you will lose hours by not being offered shifts.
Management only care about client needs not yours.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
No advancement
The most horrible company I have ever worked for
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dundee23 July 2018
Don't even think in working for this company. The managers are tyrants, they don't care about their employees and the payroll department makes mistakes every single month.
Cons
Stay away, you will regret working here
Relief Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  South Wales13 July 2018
You give 110% and its still not enough, no support from management, they just keep demanding more and then they kick off when things go wrong due to all the cutbacks and zero support.

Im looking for a new job and I know of at least 30 people in the same contract are also looking

Oh and the Tesco Audits, god help you if you get a red, of course its your fault and they will beat you over it

Coming here was the worst decision I have ever made, even worse than getting married to the ex wife!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no thanks, pay not correct, No work life balance, have to answer the phone 24/7, no rest time
avoid by all means!!
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2018
servest is an absolutely horrible company to work for. over 80% of the employee at the site i worked at, both catering staff and cleaners were short paid. when i complained to management i was treated as a disturbance. Despite me explaining the short pay will cause hardship to my children and i, they did not care and insisted i would have to wait until the end of the following month for any payments to be made. this company does not care about its employee and exploits the desperation of individuals seeking employment. Overtime hours are paid a month in arrears however you are not told this until you've done the job. Please do avoid working for servest no matter how desperate you are. you will be worse off.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Awful management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pontardawe, South Glamorgan10 July 2018
Ive worked for servest for the past 9 months and have had nothing but problems. I am consistently under payed. Forced to work extra hours and told my job is on the line when I refuse. I will never work for this terrible company again and I advise anyone seeing this review to not bother getting a job with servest.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Bad management, pay always wrong
medium review
Warehouse Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire8 July 2018
servest was a good place to work yet again i was dismissed because i was in hospital for 4 days. i coverd this with hospital papers. staff was friendly and very polite. but on the downside they forged a resignation letter with my signature on it not a very trust worthy company
A company that has bitten off more than it can chew
ISM (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset5 July 2018
This company is one of the worst I have worked for. I was employed a In store cleaning manager, from day 1 there were problems, from staff being incorrectly paid to cleaning materials not being delivered. The company got the Tesco contract by under cutting everyone else and are now trying to scrape a profit by not paying their employees properly and not supplying the equipment needed to do the job, they wont keep the contract beyond the 1 year trial Tesco gave them. Might have been a good company in the past, but they lack the infrastructure now to do make their business work efficently. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Salary was decent
Cons
Lack of equipment, employees not being paid properly. Management not wanting to give support.
Shocking place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  She2 July 2018
I decided to leave after ask for more hours every week gettting promised more hours never got any when I did hand my notice in got nothing but abuse 😢 even most people who worked there just left with no notice or anything didn’t get the treat I got my team were great to work with but everything else was I must
Pros
Cons
No cleaning supplies Bad management
Worst company ever
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amazon Rugeley28 June 2018
Terrible company to work for. They treat the staff extremely poorly and have no concerns for the welfare of them. Their pay is minimum wage and they always get your it’s wrong leaving you short. Management are a joke! They rule you like hitler! Rude and unprofessional. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
Poor pay, poor working conditions and nasty untrained incapable managers.
not a very good company to work for
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 June 2018
need to look over shoulder, never stick up for you when you are correct.
Work 247, no holidays and when you do still need to answer calls, no support. no life.
Pros
work own times
Cons
two face back stabbing
Dont ever work for them
Morning key holder (Current Employee) –  Totnes26 June 2018
Absolutely dreadful they don't pay you correctly atall always wrong I've now quit as along alot of others I cannot stress don't ever work for this company
Complete shambles
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire24 June 2018
Started working as a cleaner for servest and had nothing but bother , due my 3rd wage next week and I’m still waiting on my 1st !! Managers have not got a clue contacted them loads and got no where would avoid at all costs!!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Don’t pay you and have little communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servest. Our community is ready to answer.