Servest Employee Reviews

Poor company
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport19 October 2018
Poor company, you will be working a lot's of hours and you don't know if they will pay you for that or just for some of the hours. If you don't want to waste your time don't start work for this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Worst company ever
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway17 October 2018
Servest are the worst company I've ever worked for I worked with them for a year and the best move I ever made was leaving. The area manager was as bright as a blackout as for the general manager of servest if brains were dynamite between them they wouldn't have enough to blow there nose. It seems to be with that company the higher up the management chain the thicker they are. Stay well clear of servest
Pros
Cons
Over worked underpaid the list is endless
Awful Place to work.
Evening cook abd then cateeing assistant. (Former Employee) –  Ryde, Isle of Wight5 October 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE.

I worked here for my first job and they used it to their advantage and messed with my pay, didn't pay for hours I worked. and throughout the 6 months I worked there I had NO pay slips at all. also most of the other employees were very two faced and spreading very unprofessional rumours.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Nasty colleagues, massively fluctuating pay.
Horrible horrible place
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh4 October 2018
Amazing friendly co-workers have no word against them, however line management thinks they are the bees knees and the relaity is they don't have a clue! Acts like shes top business woman and has no consideration for you at all.. talks to and treats you terribly! Had a friend sacked and removed from building without even telling him he was sacked! So much for loyalty! Do not work here!
Cons
Poor management and ability to work with people.
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 October 2018
Day to day work was ok.
Didn't really learn anything as the motivation to progress was limited.
Management was poor from the outset and got progressively worse as time went on.
I personally found staff to be bullied by management and ability to work was hindered by this.
The staff where very friendly and always will to help one another.
If you had any ideas on how things could be improved then it's better keeping them to yourself as no one will listen.
Pros
Generally a freindly place to work
Cons
No flexability
Ex relief chef manager
Ex chef manager (Former Employee) –  South3 October 2018
It’s up to you if you like traveling but only get paid £0.25 per mile plus travel time in your own time between units, er 2 hours each way.
Rota change weekly so if you planning to do something on your days off don’t.
There must nicer companies to work for but some of there chef managers are just cooks if that.

The training was excellent by the days your on training courses.
Dont do it!
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Hampshire2 October 2018
Worst company! Lack of management never took my p45 was emergency taxed the whole 6 months I was there. Underpaid every payday. Still owed money now I’ve left! Denied holiday pay! Disgraceful company! No matter how bad you need a job this shouldn’t even be considered.
No fun .allways feel down
Ex cleaner (Former Employee) –  Leigh gtr.manchester2 October 2018
Bad cleaners
Morrison's Leigh
Keep well away from company
Do not apply with company

Time sheet fraud
Cleaners no good
Worst company ever
Managers prefare to get rid of best cleaners
And keep bad ones
Morrison's not happy
Ex cleaner in leigh
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comnent
enjoyable job/not so good management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent2 October 2018
the day to day job it self was good, i enjoyed cleaning and supervising my team of 4. however have found that the management above me were not so good as they advertised my job without telling me while i was on sick leave. i gained experience in the use of coshh and time management, also how to have a friendly work environment that was fun but still made sure that all jobs were completed to the highest standards.
Terrible company to work
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight30 September 2018
I worked for Servest as a chef manager,I was Tupe from Tesco,in initial interview I was promised verbally my salary was to be £24,460,however on day I officially started I got a contract for £19,000 I stupidly signed it,training was a joke,was under pressure daily & a member of my team was always slagging me off to fellow Tesco employees,I felt bullied & my area manager was useless,the 4th area manager in the 6 months I worked there,I ended up with depression & anxiety & had no help or phone calls from my manager.i left due to this,I should of stayed with Tesco a much better company,Servest are the worst company I have ever worked for.
Awful
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Wellington27 September 2018
Awful company to work for, the only thing that's keeping me here is the money. Never hardly have the supplies to do the job but they still expect the job done. Nit picking about my work when the manager don't do a lot himself.
Cons
Good
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  Brighton24 September 2018
Firma servest t give has few hours of work because em ploy a lot of people not a nice atmosphere among employees the work I do in a sweeping house mopping dusting w iping dust
Pros
They pay on time
Cons
Full time
Not the best
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wales24 September 2018
Wages always wrong manegment don't want to know EVER blame you when not roterd on & they can't find cover when the other person doesn't turn up then when you tell them can't come in as your on family meal & say you've had a drink they say doesn't matter I say no not coming in he says come see me tomorrow for probation review I say shove job ...
Pros
Umm none
Cons
Too many to mention avoid please avoid.
Zero hour contracts
Cleaner North East Area Cover (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire24 September 2018
If you want be moved from piler to post you want have no life then this is company for you. You get phoned last minute dot com are expected to go straight into work doesn't matter if you have plans
Cons
Zero hour contract, dont no which store cleaning from one day to next
Poor company!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 September 2018
Wages are minimum, no training since I started, holidays are poor (12 days for the year), management only come once a month for an audit, when they do come all they do is complain, cleaning products are minimal, use bare essentials due to "budget concerns, lost 67 hours as servest say we can cope which we can't, have 7 staff for a huge store which should be about 15-20, due to losing hours there is also no overtime, have to work public holidays. Also, if you become ill or take too many holidays off you will be fired. All in all AVOID.
Pros
What pros?
Cons
What I've said.
Productive and fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Night) (Current Employee) –  Lifton10 September 2018
I had good fun working with this company, had nice co-workers and a lovely boss. Nice customers. Overall I really enjoyed this job as I got to learn new things.
Bad company to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dumfries6 September 2018
Never again will I work for this company it took them 7 weeks before I got my first pay with them & after they were letting staff go they still owe me wages & they are saying they owe me a little wage & they owe me still holiday pay which they say I'm not getting . You work like mad for them & they don't pay the hours that you do for them worse company I've ever worked for
Pros
Stay well clear, and do yourself a favour.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 September 2018
terrible company to work for, way to many managers and team leaders who are not organised and don't have a clue with serious attitudes problem's, who are racist, ignorant, and treat their staff like dirt, had one work colleague in tear's because of the manner the manager spoke to him,had a colleague threaten to physically assault myself, i the victim was laid off, while the person is still working there. can't even book holiday and have mess my shifts up, you call head office and they pass you on to one person to another like a tin of biscuits. all they managers are ex military and they think they treat human beings like dirt by disrespecting staff in civilian street.
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Everything within the company.
Not Run very well
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  phones, UK5 September 2018
Management is absolutely terrible. they never thought of staff.

did not enjoy working thereat all.

always going home stressed and hating going into work in the mornings
Terrible Company to work for.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  T K Maxx and William Hill4 September 2018
Wages always wrong, line managers never get back to you unless they want something. Takes about six months to get shock you need to do the job in first place
Pros
Cons
Not good the work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9