Servest Employee Reviews

Feeling abandoned
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey4 November 2018
I work on a site on my own currently have contacted my manager for three weeks wanting stock and no response. I am very happy on the site the company we clean for has wonderful staff who always treat me well, but the company pays me servest is not fulfilling their side of the job. Consequently I am finding my job far more difficult.

Do I buy my own stock ? can I afford that on a cleaners salary ? do I let my company down and not supply the stock ? I'm in a quandary and becoming quite upset with the situation.

I worked here over ten years prior to servest taking over never had these problems with other companies.
Pros
friendly if you can get hold of a manager
Cons
No support, no stock to work with, unable to contact a manager.
Area Manager West London
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London8 November 2018
It's a good job and you learn a lot but it is very stressful.they pay you less and make you run everywhere.regional operations is never bothered.they give you a car but cut off from your sallary fuel benefits.you turn up earning the same wage as a waiter in restaurant.big promises but not help nor no job security.treat you like a workaholic and never give you credit.simple world worst place to work if you cannot take pressure.servest is a bad place to work
Pros
You have flexible working hours
Cons
Sallary is very less and more stress
Terrible company to work
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight30 September 2018
I worked for Servest as a chef manager,I was Tupe from Tesco,in initial interview I was promised verbally my salary was to be £24,460,however on day I officially started I got a contract for £19,000 I stupidly signed it,training was a joke,was under pressure daily & a member of my team was always slagging me off to fellow Tesco employees,I felt bullied & my area manager was useless,the 4th area manager in the 6 months I worked there,I ended up with depression & anxiety & had no help or phone calls from my manager.i left due to this,I should of stayed with Tesco a much better company,Servest are the worst company I have ever worked for.
A company that has bitten off more than it can chew
ISM (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset5 July 2018
This company is one of the worst I have worked for. I was employed a In store cleaning manager, from day 1 there were problems, from staff being incorrectly paid to cleaning materials not being delivered. The company got the Tesco contract by under cutting everyone else and are now trying to scrape a profit by not paying their employees properly and not supplying the equipment needed to do the job, they wont keep the contract beyond the 1 year trial Tesco gave them. Might have been a good company in the past, but they lack the infrastructure now to do make their business work efficently. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Salary was decent
Cons
Lack of equipment, employees not being paid properly. Management not wanting to give support.
Really bad management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London24 February 2018
There are bad companies in the security industry but this one just won the a prize for the worse one. I was an apprentice that was promised lots of benefits starting like rising up my salary every 4 moths but thay never happened even worse there was no asesor or assessment.

Your name is nothing but a number in this company and you will never get your holiday requests accepted and if you do, they will pay you below your nomal pay rate for them. This is the worse job I have ever had in my whole live.

To sum up you will end up with team mates that barely speak English or have any idea of health and safety.
Pros
Extra shifts
Cons
Management, salary, working conditions, Recruitment team
Poor company!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 September 2018
Wages are minimum, no training since I started, holidays are poor (12 days for the year), management only come once a month for an audit, when they do come all they do is complain, cleaning products are minimal, use bare essentials due to "budget concerns, lost 67 hours as servest say we can cope which we can't, have 7 staff for a huge store which should be about 15-20, due to losing hours there is also no overtime, have to work public holidays. Also, if you become ill or take too many holidays off you will be fired. All in all AVOID.
Pros
What pros?
Cons
What I've said.
Could be better if it was run better
Bench guard (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 August 2018
Lasted for 3 weeks was lied to about my contract (it's actually zero hours) Expected to work long hours some guards 14-19 days in a row with out a break. You are expected to drop everything can be called on your day off your shifts can change when you get to the venue the more work you turn down your noted as "refusal to work" which in turn means when it goes quite you won't be considered for work in turn which means you could go 4-5 weeks without work … Avoid ! unless you want big money quick make your money and get out quick !
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long hours, leagally blackmailed to doing work, no time to yourself, if your not sleeping your working if your not working your sleeping
Rubbish company
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire23 November 2018
I have been working for this company for nearly a year and the dirt on the bottom of people's shoes get more respect
They say they will give you money back for shoes brought but I am still waiting. Hours keep changing management are rude don't give a monkey's if you are ill or injured and will backstab you at the first opportunity hate you having holidays or sick days and all in all are the worse company to work for
Pros
Cons
Long hours. No respect
Stay away, you will regret working here
Relief Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  South Wales13 July 2018
You give 110% and its still not enough, no support from management, they just keep demanding more and then they kick off when things go wrong due to all the cutbacks and zero support.

Im looking for a new job and I know of at least 30 people in the same contract are also looking

Oh and the Tesco Audits, god help you if you get a red, of course its your fault and they will beat you over it

Coming here was the worst decision I have ever made, even worse than getting married to the ex wife!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no thanks, pay not correct, No work life balance, have to answer the phone 24/7, no rest time
Terrible company top to bottom
Chef (Current Employee) –  Midlands25 October 2018
Still a current employee soon to be an ex employee.
Management is none existent, no GDPR rules followed, no training, no equal pay rights, looked down upon by those higher up. Shot down for standing up for your beliefs or voicing an opinion. No nourishment for staff that show independent thinking. They promote British local fresh produce, yet it all comes from 3663 or from terrible suppliers who source from abroad.
Area Ops manager is a waste of time, just a yes man, doesn’t care about the employees just figures. Basic holiday, no sick pay, basic pension

In brief , if you like to be under valued, under paid, treated like a second class citizen then come work for Servest. If you actually have a soul then don’t. I shall never work for these jokers every again.
Pros
You get to leave at the end of the day
Cons
Bum on seat, get on with it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow26 July 2018
Your only a payroll number and bum on a seat.
Long hours poor family life balance, expect you to drop everything for them.
If you say no, you will lose hours by not being offered shifts.
Management only care about client needs not yours.
Pros
Good team members
Cons
No advancement
Perfectly average reasonable and decent
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire25 January 2018
Nothing bad i can really say. Ive been there a few months now at Next and its good. Hours are always there. Wage is on time. Friendly atmosphere. Can be hard sometimes working with the management of Next. For example we're meant to get in at 7 but they don't get there to let us in till 830 or sometimes 940 on sundays. Rarely happens but bloody horrible waiting during winter. If you want decent monthly wage then by all means apply.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
No extra benefits
Do not work for this company
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Suffolk25 October 2018
Been working for this company 2 years and beacause they want to save money they think they can just cut hours not giving a care in the world how it will effect you're life. Management are rude and unprofessional they don't care about there employees only care about there clients which there employees keep happy not managent. Worst company I've ever worked for
Pros
Cons
Your treated like a number, You don't get paid overtime but if your late they deduct money from earning (illegally), if you leave and have holiday outstanding they do not pat it out, Managent are useless and rude.
A ticket to the madhouse
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  South wales22 August 2018
Totally inept and poor excuse for a company and how they get away with i will never know, Top Management are a complete joke and useless and you spend each month wondering are your wages going to be right because they employ idiots in the payroll department , Supplies are supposed to last Months!! Thats when they turn up Machines that have seen better days and should be scrapped and Breaks that are not given until its deemed fit and your workload is done . Dont go anywhere near them they are total idiots who have not got a clue full stop.
Pros
Some good workmates
Cons
Lazy Co-workers who get away with Murder, Managers who are Useless.
No support from management
cleaning supervisor (Former Employee) –  lincoln7 August 2018
The only good thing about working for this company was the ability to work hours that suited school pick up times.
Never receive any support from management when needed. If needed a call was placed to only be told every time that they were busy and that they would call back. After not hearing anything for a few days they would be called again and the result would be to get shouted at for bothering them.
The clock-in system is constantly out of sync, and results in people being deducted on their wages nearly every pay day.
Cleaning supplies never arrive when ordered,
Pros
being able to work around school times
Cons
lack of support, incorrect pay
Poor management and ability to work with people.
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester4 October 2018
Day to day work was ok.
Didn't really learn anything as the motivation to progress was limited.
Management was poor from the outset and got progressively worse as time went on.
I personally found staff to be bullied by management and ability to work was hindered by this.
The staff where very friendly and always will to help one another.
If you had any ideas on how things could be improved then it's better keeping them to yourself as no one will listen.
Pros
Generally a freindly place to work
Cons
No flexability
avoid by all means!!
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 July 2018
servest is an absolutely horrible company to work for. over 80% of the employee at the site i worked at, both catering staff and cleaners were short paid. when i complained to management i was treated as a disturbance. Despite me explaining the short pay will cause hardship to my children and i, they did not care and insisted i would have to wait until the end of the following month for any payments to be made. this company does not care about its employee and exploits the desperation of individuals seeking employment. Overtime hours are paid a month in arrears however you are not told this until you've done the job. Please do avoid working for servest no matter how desperate you are. you will be worse off.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Servest
Cleaner/janitor (Former Employee) –  Derby25 November 2018
I worked for primark on behalf of servest, I had to leave in March 2018 due to childcare issues, I was given my last pay with no holiday Pay i had accumulated which I thought was strange but never really questioned as it was my first job and didn’t realise how it all worked.. I kept getting wage slips and never received a p45 until October 2018 stating I left in September so I’ve now come to realise they kept me as an employee on the system and made it look like I was never coming to work so they had no reason to pay me holiday! Absolute joke of a company, always cutting down hours and never paid people holiday a lot of the time! Primark staff were rude and horrible to us cleaners and treated us like we were poo on the bottom of their shoes! Not worth working for In my opinion.
Poor company
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport19 October 2018
Poor company, you will be working a lot's of hours and you don't know if they will pay you for that or just for some of the hours. If you don't want to waste your time don't start work for this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Worst company ever
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway17 October 2018
Servest are the worst company I've ever worked for I worked with them for a year and the best move I ever made was leaving. The area manager was as bright as a blackout as for the general manager of servest if brains were dynamite between them they wouldn't have enough to blow there nose. It seems to be with that company the higher up the management chain the thicker they are. Stay well clear of servest
Pros
Cons
Over worked underpaid the list is endless

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Servest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8