Serious Fraud office

Serious Fraud office Employee Reviews for Account Executive

Account Executive1 review
United Kingdom1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Joined in January 2002 as a Admin Officer, promoted to Executive officer in May 2002, Left March 2003 on promotion to Higher Executive Office in a Home Office job.
Worked in the cash office. Given support for my idea to design and implement a bank deposit scheme to safeguard monies seized on arrest, results of property searches, etc., whilst retaining an evidence trail. The aim was not only to safeguard funds kept in the office safe, but to earn interest to defray the cost of any possible compensation claims following failure to convict.

Learnt how to operate bought and sales ledgers. How to audit and reconcile accounts.

I also organised vehicle hire arrangements in multiple locations to enable co-ordinated operations in several locations at the same time, whilst ensuring adequate specification vehicles for different tasks on those diffuse operations.

Hardest part:

I left because I was not allowed to be trained as a fraud investigator due to my being 56. I went on to work in the Home Office as an HEO for 13 more years
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
limited development opportunities