Serious Fraud office

Serious Fraud office Employee Reviews

Disastrous place to work
Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  London16 October 2019
Imagine travelling back 40 years to the 1970s, think Life on Mars, think of a management culture that is adverse to making decisions, slow and inept. Think of a senior managerial culture of box ticking, tipping hats to progressive thinking and protectionism.

One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Okay if you like being bored
Investigator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 October 2019
Work Life balance is the best part of this job, the pay is average other civil service departments pay more for lower grades like the NCA. The departments are lawyer led inline with the roskill model, influx of inexperieced investiagtive lawyers from the private sector hinders productivity and progression of investigations.
The lack of investment in technology causes delays across law enforcement. If you want to gain experience then this is not a good move, you de-skill rapidly and limited training courses are provided.
Awful culture
PARALEGAL/DOCUMENT REVIEWER (Current Employee) –  London13 March 2019
Poor management, no accountability amongst seniors. Workplace culture is very poor for temps, who help a lot with the workload if they are long term, no appreciation for this.
Work experience at respected institution
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Trafalgar Square, Greater London3 November 2018
My two week experience at the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) was a good eye opener to the world of protecting the British economy against fraud and deceit by individuals and companies.
Fraud Investigator
Investigator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 October 2017
Enjoyed working at SFO: good team colloboration and training given on financial crime. Able to take my experience onto other challenging role once I left SFO
Great Place to work in
Investigation Analyst Lawyer- AML (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2017
Dynamics and fast paced environment where I got a lot of experience. It was a sincere honor to work for the public service as I could deal with the biggest financial cases of the country.
Exciting and interesting place to work
Financial Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  London16 June 2017
Joined in January 2002 as a Admin Officer, promoted to Executive officer in May 2002, Left March 2003 on promotion to Higher Executive Office in a Home Office job.
Worked in the cash office. Given support for my idea to design and implement a bank deposit scheme to safeguard monies seized on arrest, results of property searches, etc., whilst retaining an evidence trail. The aim was not only to safeguard funds kept in the office safe, but to earn interest to defray the cost of any possible compensation claims following failure to convict.

Learnt how to operate bought and sales ledgers. How to audit and reconcile accounts.

I also organised vehicle hire arrangements in multiple locations to enable co-ordinated operations in several locations at the same time, whilst ensuring adequate specification vehicles for different tasks on those diffuse operations.

Hardest part:
I left because I was not allowed to be trained as a fraud investigator due to my being 56. I went on to work in the Home Office as an HEO for 13 more years
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
limited development opportunities
Too hierachical
I did not enjoy my time at the SFO as my laptop kept losing connection almost daily. This created a lot of stress of having to meet targets and concentrating on the work.

Salary was very very poor.

That said I enjoyed working on the case.
Pros
Cons
Too bureaucratic
good working environment & duties
finance admin (Former Employee) –  london18 May 2016
On a day to day basis my main duties where to input invoice on the system so it can be processed for payment, as I was part of of the finance team I had to do this on a large scale as this was one of my main duties. I was working in a office environment around a really supportive team and I enjoyed working with my co workers.
Pros
flexi work
Cons
n/a
Challenging and Interesting Investigatory Work
Digital Forensics Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ENG8 September 2014
Working in the Digital Forensics Unit of the SFO was a challenging but very rewarding experience. Knowing that the work we were doing would be used to prosecute individuals in cases of serious economic crimes was very satisfying, and very much justified the exceptionally high standards required in procedure and accuracy.