Seren Support Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Fantastic Care Company
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot14 March 2019
I have worked with Seren for over 3 years and have had the best experience of Domiciliary care, and i have worked in a few other Dom care companies previously.
Training is onsite and very informative, there is also ongoing training for more specialised subjects such as Dementia, Parkinson etc.
I love working with the clients in their own home, giving them the chance to live life as independantly as possible. The overall knowledge of care is greater, as you deal with all types of people, illnesses, needs and requirement.
The management team are really great, and giving the carers support is never to much trouble. When you visit the office, you are always made to feel welcome by all levels of the staff there, including the 2 dogs.
Your hard work is rewarded, as Seren do star of the month and are often giving away special treats, such as cinema tickets or food vouchers.
I am currently on maternity leave, but the support I had during my pregnancy was exceptional, ensuring I was on a light rota, allowing me time off for hospital appointments etc, and welfare phone calls to ensure I was managing.
I cannot recommend Seren highly enough, and look forward to returning to my team, albeit on a part time basis now. The hours can be long, but that doesn't mean you can't get a good work life/home life balance.
Pros
Onsite training. Rewards.
Cons
Can be long hours
Very good company to work for
People manager/ branch manager (Current Employee) –  Llandarcy neath11 March 2019
I started working for the company approximately 16 months ago and I have gone from strength to strength along with the company. I started off as a carer within the community and worked my way into the office as receptionist and have worked my way up the ladder with taking on more responsibilities within the company. I enjoy my job and the work environment we have within the office, it’s a wonderful company to work for regardless of the job role you have.
Pros
Christmas rafffle, gift at Easter, competitions throughout the tear
Lack of respect or care for clients or staff
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot24 February 2019
I worked for Seren for 18 months worked my backside of to fit in and do a good job with no praise and to always be an outsider management and office staff very two faced and clicky and most carers concerns swept under the rug and not dealt with efficiently poor fuel allowance and plenty of favouritism makes it a very unhappy environment to work in concerns only dealt with once staff are pushed to the point of walking out and issues are only ever dealt with seriously if it’s one of the office staff stirring the pot clients are wonderful but very little consideration given for continuity of care for them leaving them very unhappy best thing I ever did was leave ! And even then nobody gave a monkeys showing exactly what loyalty means to the company nobodies irreplaceable
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Official response from Seren Support Services Ltd
26 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and we are sorry that you feel you have not had the best experience during your employment.

As a service we have achieved a very positive reputation not only with the Care Inspectorate Wales but also the 5 local authorities that commission our services via robust and fair quality monitoring.
Our inspection report evidences the good work we do for both the people who use our services and also our workforce.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact us via email info@serensupportservices.co.uk where we would be happy to talk to you.

5 Star!
Carer (Current Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire20 January 2019
From interview to date I have had a smooth positive experience,
Seren has given me support and boosted my confidence.
No one working in care is paid a huge amount but I do the job cause I love caring for people not the slary!
They do carer of the month and lots of fun things
Pros
fun and friendly people working at seren - carers are fun and very caring
Cons
Sometimes the new app doesn't have all the information
Enjoy My job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontardawe18 January 2019
I am a current employee for seren I can’t rate it enough, over the last 8 months its been the best career move I made.
All staff are available for advice if needed and very helpful and friendly team.
I would genuine recommend.
Pros
helpful and friendly
Cons
long hours maybe
Happy
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Neath18 January 2019
I have been working for Seren for 11 months, happy in my job and with the company.
Like all companies there are good and bad, and also good and bad people working there, but as it goes for me I have no complaints.
Staff and managers are always helpful and will do what they can whenever i ask them.
Clients are lovely, and make the job worth doing.
I get to work really local to my house and my childrens school.
Pros
clients, flexible, location
Cons
hours, being out and about alone
Awful place to work
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot30 December 2018
Awful doesn’t even come close, on first day meeting everyone, everything seemed amazing managers and office staff alike seemed like they cared and listened to staff however after one week they were getting availability of my hours wrong and would then argue about it saying I was wrong bearing in mind I had given my availability 5 times, shocking! Carers do bare minimum and don’t stay for whole call when majority of the clients want them to for the company! Hardly any paperwork gets filled in including MAR charts, to log in you call a number if you forget the call stays red on the app and no one from the office calls to check you’ve done the call, ever, if you just want a job and don’t actually care about people then this is the perfect place to work as you will fit in well with office staff
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Rewarding job
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Neath25 November 2018
I have been with Seren homecare for 11 months and I seriously can’t fault it.
Going home after my shifts knowing that I have cared for people and done my best for them is like no other job.
Yes it’s hard work and yes I’m often very tired after a shift but the rewards out weigh this.
Everyone works hard, the managers are always out and about visiting clients and staff and there is always someone at the end of a phone if you need them, even at 5am in the morning.
I moved to Seren from another care company and I’m not sorry I did.
At the old company we got no recognition for hard work, only hassle.
Seren is completely different, lots of gifts, prizes, food etc etc.
Pros
The clients and the job
Cons
Hours and weekend work
Good
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Neath Port Talbot10 November 2018
Been at Seren care since January. Really enjoy working here, the office staff are helpful and will always help when they can.
Clients are fab. I work part time and it suits my family and private life. No problems. I enjoy working here.
Love suppoting clients management awful
Support workers (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot19 October 2018
I had a fabulous interview the job was sold to me. It was a Customer service sell. I was really looking forward to starting.
I was working part time but was bombarded with constant calls to add. Traveling far. When I was asked to call to office again not listened to. Very little knowledge from them with manual handling. Office rude to service user's. Times not as requested. Care plans and recordings on line. Which is time consuming. During bad weather threatened with disciplinary if I did not go out to cover my calls. Which put me in danger. No 4x4 transport offered.
Dbs paid for out of pocket. Uniform paid for by myself.
When I left I had to pay back £250-00 in my last pay. I had no certificates.
No thank you. Manners were lacking.
Some good practices but poor outweighed. Such a shame
Pros
Client's
Cons
Hours pay telephone calls
Great and fun place to work
People Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot3 September 2018
I have worked for the company for 11years, and Seren has provided me with the training that I have needed for my role as a support worker (when I was a support worker ) and on going development within my current position.

Seren is a company that recognises and rewards its employees for the hard work that they do for the company, with employee of the month plus many more recognitions.

Seren is a ever growing company that has expanded across South Wales and is one of the leading care providers, with its 4th branch just opening. It is determination, leadership and management of the company that they are where they are today.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere / recognition for employees
Lovely work environment
Business Admin (Current Employee) –  Llandarcy3 September 2018
Generally a really good place to work.
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming which makes going to work very enjoyable!
There is recognition for hard work which is very motivational.
Great company to work for!
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot9 May 2018
I have been wit seren for 6 months.
The office is now open long days including the weekend to support us in the community.
I have started my qcf and have great support from the trainer.
Managers are very generouss when it comes to freebies and give aways.
Pros
Giveaways
Really Good place to work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot9 May 2018
I left Seren in February to go on to do my access to nursing course.
I was there for 18 months and loved every minute.
The clients are great, and I always felt supported and appreciated by the managers.
Charlotte was a huge help with medication and always went out of her way to come and meet me and other girls to make sure we were doing things right, no matter what time of the day it was.

Seren put me through my nvq and the training available was great. In my time there I done meds training, manual handling, dementia training and catheter training - all of these have helped me to start my access to nursing course.

If things changed I would definitely go back to Seren to work, I loved every minute of it.
One of the best!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Neah6 May 2018
I have worked here for nearly 2 years, there are no faults that i can mention about the company.
The office managers are supportive, the office is open from 0630 to 10pm to support the staff (no other home care company does this)
When my car has broken down, i have had a lend of a company car free of charge (what other company does this??)
Ive won cinema tickets twice for my hard work, and the office always recognise when staff do something good!
The clients are great, and I have worked on my run with the same clients for years.
Yes it can be long hours, but its no different if you work in a hospital or a nursing home.
I have always felt really welcome and a part of the team, there is a real sense of it being a family run business.
I have also been able to do my level 3 nvq whilst working here which is helping my future.
Pros
great team work, good family run business
Cons
pay isnt amazing
Long hours for very low wages
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot4 May 2018
Worked here for 3 months this year. Forget the nonsense about 'no writing up lengthy notes' , you have to write the notes and use the app now, which means even less time for calls! 7am until 11pm shifts but only getting paid for about 11 hours because of big unpaid gaps, rota changing all the time, 11p a mile mileage, £8 an hour, zero hour contract. Have to pay £250for 'training' back if you leave in the first 6 months - they do this because everyone wants to leave after a few weeks. Office don't listen when you phone about problems and not enough travel time between calls. Office don't listen when service users complain, just excuses and blame on carers for being late. Management very rude. I was happy to leave.
Pros
Lovely service users and other carers
Cons
Low pay, low mileage, gappy runs, lack of management support, not enough travel time
Awful
Carer (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot22 April 2018
Worked here for around 6 months before walking out.
Management are extremely 'clicky', and employees who were friendly with management got whatever work they wanted.
After being promised work in my local area - being the reason I took the job - I was allocated work more than 40 minutes drive from my home, for which fuel allowance wasn't paid.
When I was assigned work which was outside my availability and contracted hours, office staff would get quite angry on the phone and rude - even though it wasn't my fault in the first place!
Pay was also rubbish, not surprising really when you may have around 18 calls on a morning shift but there's hours of waiting inbetween where you literally do nothing and don't get paid for. Also considering the commutes you do you may end up spending more money to actually work than you get in your pay!
Just avoid at all costs!!
Pros
Cons
Listed above
Seren supirt
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot13 March 2018
I worked here when I first came to neath I loved my job I would work there sgsin the hours are good and the wages are good loved the service users good company to work for
Pros
Good psy good hours
Cons
Didnt gdt chsnce to prove myself