Serco Employee Reviews

Found 678 reviews matching the search See all 3,314 reviews
Big company, fair wages
PROJECT SUPPORT OFFICER (Former Employee) –  London12 January 2019
job is easy and well paid. management not the best. There are always opportunities for elevation. learned so much about trains. The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff who were absent and them not receiving project updates and other paperwork in time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
odd hours
Poor Management
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 January 2019
Disgusting management of staff and ITSS is a horrible place to work

I worked at Serco for 2 years and was mistreated, threatened and bullied.

Very much a aggressive culture.
Corrupted
Oso/pco (Former Employee) –  Thamesmead, Greater London9 January 2019
Taking this job was the worst life choice I ever made. Pay was regularly rong and some people waited months when joining for there first pay. I can't say most of what I want to say only that the staff were worse people than the residents who lived there.
Pros
Will hire anybody
Cons
Will hire anybody
Enjoyabl
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Jamescook hospital8 January 2019
Enjoy working for that company very mutch but costs me to traivel to and from work to mutch I work on words cleaning and talking to pashants also clean corridors I talk to a lot over publce in this job I enjoy it very mutch
Pros
Get ok me hours braik a day
Cons
11 hours day
distrubuted cycles around london
redistrubtion (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 January 2019
i work with serco for 3 and half years and enjoyed every minute of time there. Working in London and socialising with the general public, was great fun and a great experience in life for me
Pros
working around london, working with the general public
not a nice environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London20 December 2018
The company had won the contract to take over security department and made some good changes but overall wanted new contracts for staff which ended up cutting peoples salary
Overworked, underpaid and undervalued
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester20 December 2018
Being capable at Serco simply leads to being asked to take on more and more work, for little to no recognition or compensation, while the minority of colleagues with vastly lower capability and commitment receive almost exactly the same rewards bar a tiny annual bonus. Contract work leaves you at the mercy of wider organisation or external decisions. Regardless of their standard of work, you can find you are required to inform staff they are being made redundant unless they want to apply for other available positions 50+ miles away.
Not the worst.
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, Yorkshire, UK12 December 2018
The people are good, the job is ok but you work for free on average 15 hours a month. Good progressive salary if you stick it out. They offer days which are never the same and they live up to this
Pros
Good people, varied job role
Cons
Long hours, free working, hard to get holiday, often understaffed, unsafe environment
Temp Work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire11 December 2018
I worked at Serco as a sales adviser for a short period of time as it was only temp work. The company was good to work for. All the members of staff were welcoming and approachable. Due to it being temp work, the contract finished. I have no bad word to say about the company.
Very good platform for learning
Business Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, UK7 December 2018
The work culture is very good and flexible.Its a ambitious and energetic company with real opportunities. As an individual, its a great place to flourish. Got amazing opportunity to work in various departments, various team members for a fixed period of time which taught me to be very adaptable.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Casual Staff - Would have loved to be permanent
Great and Friendly Atmosphere
Lifeguard/Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham4 December 2018
Even though the hours could be long and tiring, this is what the job is all about. As long as you have key supervision and concentration skills, it is easy. The job is very rewarding and staff are very friendly. Management could be intimidating. Pay very good!
Stable environment, small team, electrical/mechanical
Avionic Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  RAF Marham3 December 2018
Undertake the maintenance of aviation equipment as part of a small, highly specialised team. This is my ideal environment and what I would choose to do. There are no negatives to my current employment but I am facing redundancy.
Pros
Able to construct my own day.
Cons
None.
Higher Management very greedy
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hampshire12 November 2018
Worked for SERCO for 10 years, and when first started it was a very good company to work for, but in the last 3 years the management seemed to become very greedy, cutting silly costs in some areas and spending money on other pointless areas. Most management that have arrived/promoted in my sector in the last few years are greedy, spoilt, bum licking people who only think of themselves and seem to work off the risk management system, very short sighted. Shame, so unless you are in management I would stay well clear of this company, as wages are low for us minions compared to management, huge pay gap.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Low wages
Good place to work if you don't have a life outside of serco
Waste disposal (Former Employee) –  Dereham4 November 2018
bennifits? You'd be better off on bennifits 2 faced staff overtime never and they would be better of giving a monkey the managers role it would be more organised
Pros
Free s*it
Cons
Management c*nts
Good job, many things to learn
Portering (Current Employee) –  Norfolk and Norwich Hospital28 October 2018
Enjoying the job currently but don’t see a career for me. Would like to give something else a go. Just wanting to move on and start another chapter in my life
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Peculiar hours
lots of travelling
Planned Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hampshire25 October 2018
over the years the staying away and treavelling has become too much so maybe it has become time to move on to pastures new.....but then again maybe not
Pros
good wages
Cons
time away from family
good
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradford8 October 2018
• Required to deal with customers face to face.
• Cash handling and cashing up.
• Dealing with postal queries and providing suitable advice.
• Advising customers on most suitable delivery methods.
• Dealing with complaints in a professional manner.
• Ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to on the premises
serco
Accounts Payable Clark Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Hinchingbrooke, Cambridgeshire4 October 2018
Processing invoices on integra and sage for NHS care and companies who provide support to NHS while dealing with invoice queries and issues with calclation of invoices.
Pros
recieved training on integra and sage
Cons
only short term contract
Under staffed
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Uttoxeter30 September 2018
Worked on a 40 bed unit, often unlocked with just 2 members of staff. Poorly managed in a dangerous environment. Very poor pay for the job and what it entails.
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  North West24 September 2018
When starting with Serco I believe that they agreed a contract that was not going to be self delivered and use sub contractors. unfortunately the sub contractors pulled out due to the high level of KPI's that could be awarded to the contract from the government. Serco had to self deliver a government contract for housing which they had never done before.