Serco Employee Reviews

good
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bradford8 October 2018
• Required to deal with customers face to face.
• Cash handling and cashing up.
• Dealing with postal queries and providing suitable advice.
• Advising customers on most suitable delivery methods.
• Dealing with complaints in a professional manner.
• Ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to on the premises
serco
Accounts Payable Clark Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Hinchingbrooke, Cambridgeshire4 October 2018
Processing invoices on integra and sage for NHS care and companies who provide support to NHS while dealing with invoice queries and issues with calclation of invoices.
Pros
recieved training on integra and sage
Cons
only short term contract
Under staffed
Prison Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Uttoxeter30 September 2018
Worked on a 40 bed unit, often unlocked with just 2 members of staff. Poorly managed in a dangerous environment. Very poor pay for the job and what it entails.
Poor
Corporate Training Consultant / Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central24 September 2018
I was with the company for just under 5 years and received no personal development or progression within the company. Poor higher manager which led to poor employee satisfaction.
Fun place to work
Recreation assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheerness16 September 2018
I’ve worked for this company for nearly 4 years, first doing children’s activities then working as a lifeguard, it has been a good starter job and a big confidence builder
Efficient
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 September 2018
Was let go due to miscommunication between managers about illness. Also very little compassion for people with children and childcare responsibilities.
It's ok if your face fits in other words if you brown nose
Prisoner Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  South West London, Greater London2 September 2018
The staff at this workplace are vicious and vile they have time on their hands so they rubbish each other. The long term employees are particularly horrible to new starters. They hate any attempt to improve the service
Custody people are so much nicer than the staff.

The bullying is unprecedented and massive towards new starters. They will do the best they can to discredit new staff in order to keep their own positions.

You will not succeed in custody as the old staff are terrified that new staff are better trained better educated and better equip to work with custody.
Pros
Cons
Old staff old people old views
Work is Productive. Some days are fun and some are challenging
Team Leader Porter (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk1 September 2018
Every day is different challenging . Have learned so much from different area I've been at serco since 2009 and worked my way up to become team leader. Have a lot of respect for my colleagues. And they have the respect back . We are like a family all close and help each other out . I can't say there's anything difficult about the job role because I injoy my job and feel supported. Caring .
Pros
Discount good pension
Cons
Distance traveling
Senior HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 August 2018
Really good place to work. Was in a really fun friendly office. Every day is a school day. Made some really great friends and met a lot of people who helped me in my career. However, certain managers really do lack the skills they need. Some bad management recruitment led to me leaving
Pros
Hour lunch, based in a nice part of Birmingham, easy to get to, fun office
Cons
Senior management
Job is okay, management is not
Prisoner Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk30 August 2018
The job is actually alright, its never dull and you do different things everyday. However the management is appalling, they take on the bullying approach and quite often I have seen colleagues reduced to crying and I myself have also been made to feel that awful about myself I have cried. I'm not a weak person but when you're constantly made to feel bad about yourself and how you're doing your job it does get too much sometimes. Management pick on the smallest of the things possible just to ensure they have something to moan about every day and will never ever praise anything you have done well. This company has hugely been involved in the deterioration of my mental health.
Pros
Ok salary, colleagues are great
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, no finish times, overtime is banked and the end of the month, management is awful
Very bad place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 August 2018
(Birmingham leisure trust... Northfield leisure centre)
Poor management always messing shift patterns up.
Arrogant managers who haven’t a clue.
Deputy manager was a complete bully who pushed me out the job and when I bought this to light it was completely ignored.
Also for the 4 months I was there they messed my pay up every month. I’m also still owed money by them!
Cons
Good
Multi trade (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne23 August 2018
I enjoyed working here and they was always willing to teach me new things and if I needed improvement and they always encourage you to try new skills.
Pros
good freandly people
Cons
cant think
Outstanding Organisation
BUSINESS LEADER (Former Employee) –  UK20 August 2018
Multi-faceted outsourcing company which offered a wealth of opportunities for advancement. The people were its best asset and had the honour of working with many great people.
Its a good place to work
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 August 2018
Start work at 9am, i have to call patients that are in need of medical supplies. i learn new things everyday. in a typical day i have to make 120 calls to patients.
Pros
good learning atmosphere
Cons
non-productive environment
New challenge every day
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk9 August 2018
Working for a security company like SERCO can be challenging in many ways. The start of a day if you are an escort or driver based at a depot can start very early with you being tasked to pick up detained persons from your local police station or prison.
Transport destinations can be a local court house only a few miles away or somewhere many hours down the road. Be prepared to work four hours one day and over twelve the next.
Working in a court can be the same , be prepared for anything when you are dealing with persons in custody. The best thing about working at court is more regular hours . Management are always in touch at the start of a day very approachable
One big family!
Team performance manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester25 July 2018
Worked at Serco for 12 years. Lovely people and like a big family. Work/life balance was brilliant. Always new challenges and I really miss everyone and the place due to redundancy unfortunately.
Pros
Work/life balance
Alright
Sky Regional Support Team (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth18 July 2018
I wasnt there that long so cant really judge it but for the sort time that i was there it was a nice place to work and very secure. the job role was easy enough and would happily work there again
Good
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester9 July 2018
Serco were a good employer complete your work and go home or if you wish go out on overtime st a good rate had lots of laughs and management would listen to your opionions and suggestions
Work
Operations Director and the Senior Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 July 2018
great workplace with some great people that are sharing the same passion you are and help you reach your goals. theres always plenty to do and the office is always busy.
learning assisstant
Learning Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex29 June 2018
As this was only experience based work i didn't get paid for the experience on a wage however this experiences was useful where i was able to learn need skills and how the business manage their data. Which while having work experience for a week within the business i would listen into calls and work with the admin people and how they manage their admin, also i learnt how to rebuild a computer system which once i was learnt this they allowed me to help them to start rebuilding some of their computer systems.

The workplace culture was high standard which all the people i got involved with they all knew i was there for experience and i didn't know everything so if i needed help they would offer and help in any area i didn't fully understand.

there was really any hard areas within any of the roles, however some of the days within this experience did become long winded when i would mostly be watching how they work instead of actually working.

The most enjoyable part for the role was being involved with new people and learning their experiences within the business and to be able to actually get involved within some areas of the running of the business.
Pros
lunch breaks