Serco Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Porter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, IN21 May 2018
Serco provided all the training and support needed for me to be successful in the role of a Porter. The appraisals helped me to develop and move forward. It also gave me training opportunities which I was delighted to take advantage of.
Not the worst job I’ve ever done.
Prison Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Doncaster2 May 2018
Been working here for Three months and have been live on the wing for a month after training. Have to say the time flies there are no two days the same . It can be challenging and frustrating at times but my colleges make it a good day and having a good team behind you makes it all better. Management on my house is good but they could do allot more about the shift patterns to make a better work to life ratio. Changes are being made hopefully it will be better later in the year . The job is different you are dealing with prisoners some who can be compliant and others who won’t training does not fully prepare you for what’s ahead but if you have a strong mind and keen learner and know to say no then you won’t have a problem. If I could go back and have the option to pick this job again I would .that says it all.
Pros
My colleges make it good my wing is run good and it’s different everyday.
Cons
Long hours shift patterns.
Mundane
Inbound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne25 April 2018
Whilst here, the team leaders were very strict, which no open mindedness about the approach taken to complete a task to help a customer out, this was very restrictive to my nature
loved it here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 April 2018
lovely place to work just the pay was an issue, no career progression
but made some good friends and gained lots of experience in the customer service role
Good Colleagues within the workplace-management treat non-management like rubbish
Stores Officer (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Islington, Greater London25 April 2018
+Good pay
-Poor management who treat others like dirt. A do as i say culture.
-Sourcing equipment for £ rather than customer safety.
+Ethnic Diversity
-Inconsiderate for family life
-A blame game culture.A dog eat dog environment where back-stabbing is rewarded, albeit even encouraged. Leading to promotions throughout management only. Rather than sacking a failing manager, they are simply moved to other contracts.
+Days in lieu earned for overtime.
Good people poor management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Shropshire16 April 2018
Great staff to work with, very friendly and make the work very enjoyable each day.
Job benefits are good, pension, pay vice versa and good job security.

Some site managers have no respect for employees, only bothered about pushing you through training within days because targets need to be hit. Even when your new and your not fully competent with products and site yet, they still expect you to be hitting the monthly target with minimal support.
Pros
Great Staff, good money, working patterns
Cons
Management has no respect for employees.
pretty good
Inbound Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria Station manchester11 April 2018
the job was easy enough however the employees were constantly targeted on time and were always expected to sell more than they were, this would often lead to employees being frustrated
Pros
good facilities, decent pay
Cons
very high volumes of inbound calls
busy contract
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent10 April 2018
A typical day consists of working closley with the Nhs trust to optimise the positive experience that greets the patients and families alike. This is generally achieved by making sure all clinical areas are spotlessly clean and that they achieve a 98% score minimum upon audt.
i have learned over the years that good communication and being there for staff continually supporting them reaps great rewards.
things change rapidly in any given day so it is important to be flexible and extreemly organised to meet any up coming problems,
Pros
keeps you omn your toes
Cons
sometime work /life balance suffers
my job
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk7 April 2018
Looking at job sheets, prioritisng work load, cutting grass, spraying, planting, loading. The job is different daily, working as a team and providinga good quaity work.
Pros
Enjoy the team work and the job
Cons
There are too many lazy staff who you have to carry
Do not work for them.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk4 April 2018
Serco proved time and time again to be utterly incompetent in it's day to day operations. Management were really only interested in their own advancement and helping their friends out to the exclusion of all other staff. Minimum required equipment was only made available if their was a government inspection imminently due.
Pros
It's a job
a Workplace
Civil Servant, CSA(Child Support Agency) (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester28 March 2018
Worked on the CSA contract. daily activities involved reviewing cases and determining which ones where longer needed and should be closed. once determined the families where contacted to inform them of the changes to their case.
it was fine
dust person (Former Employee) –  Sussex28 March 2018
not a lot to say, it was fine, i liked the fact that although you was employled an had a list of stuff to do, your left to decide how you done it, it was a lot like being salf employlde,
Pros
early start earley finish
Cons
rubbish money
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Peterborough26 March 2018
Mu current job has a lot of exposure to other area's of business. Management is helpful but due to the funding limitation they can not do much. Overall it is a good place to work.
Demoralising
Domestic Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk17 March 2018
The work is hard and the expectations of the line managers and coordinators are unrealistic.they do not provide enough staff or equipment to reach the standards they demand. There is never any positive feed back only negative. They have no idea how to motivate staff or encourage teamwork. Staff turnover and sickness are very high this puts more pressure on the already overworked staff.
Pros
Domestics salary above minimum wage
Cons
Exactly the same everyday
I became a women's at serco.
Prisoner Custody Officer (Former Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport, Greater London16 March 2018
It was challengin.hard work.but was diffrent everyday.I was a carer, a listener, a very tolerant women.but im bubbly and friendly and I got on well with the prisoners....
Pros
Cons
saw a lot...
friendly hard working environment
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 March 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Serco, i started working there on agency part time whilst i was in college and worked my way up to a full time permanent role
Good
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham7 March 2018
Good pace to work. Good systems and procedures. Good Management structure. Many changes that are ongoing. I would recommend as a company to work for. I just live too far away now.
Highest standard of cleaning
Domestic Assistant / TeamLeader (Current Employee) –  Wishaw, North Lanarkshire27 February 2018
Very enjoyable job but can be challenging at times. I am a people person & got on well with employee’s aswell as other colleges . Also enjoyed learning more about my TeamLeader role & further training offered to me.
Pros
Flexible overtime hours
Cons
Worked weekends
no comment
Prisoner Escort and Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Wincanton26 February 2018
Pros-
Indeed the company itself is an amazing company. Everyone is on the same mission, to help people get jobs. The president and CEO are usually always there and always want to actually get to know their employees.

Cons-
working for one of the new products has had some challenges and doesn't always uphold the indeed values. There is no collaboration with product and our NPS score shows it. The salary bands also do not match Austins market.

Overall-
Indeed is a great company to work for. Just make sure to do your homework and ask questions about the team you will be working with, struggles they are having and compensation.
Unsupported
Service Delivery Manager/Community Payback Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based19 February 2018
Small cog in a big wheel never made to feel part of the bigger organisation. Sent home with IT kit without support or setup for home working. IT was not fit for purpose.