Sense Employee Reviews

Productive and awarding placement
Promotion and Managing assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 November 2018
Everyone there is very friendly,especially since your're giving back to the community, it a very rewarding placement. helping with the retail and organising donations in the placement can make a huge difference.
Pros
adequete rota timings
Cons
No free lunch
Avoid
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  England8 November 2018
Really not a great company to work for. They expect you to do lots of overtime with no benefits at all. They set unrealistic targets and are very quick to point out your faults. There's absolutely no support from upper management unless your part of the click. This was the worst company I have ever worked for. Unprofessional on every level.
Pros
Lovely volunteers.
Cons
Everything else.
Forward Thinking. Nice Organisation
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London23 October 2018
I am quite new to working for Sense. I have so far found the staff and ethos to be that of a very high standard, and I have worked in the sector for some years. Government cuts make this kind of work hard, but Sense seems to be doing all it can to invest in it's staff, with training, flexible working hours and a supportive management team to name a few. The organisation has a nice feel to it and they are open minded when it comes to new ideas. It's clear the clients are at the heart of everything they do.
Sense
Lydia Streak store manager (Former Employee) –  Derby20 October 2018
Very friendly people with whom is nice to work. Can solve any problems, and working in a team. Workers there do there jobs very well. They leave shop floors every time clean.
Pros
Cons
Normal
productive place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barkingside, Greater London12 October 2018
i would steam clothes then hang these up on hangers. afterwards i would bring them out to the front of the shop and place them up for display.i would talk to customers that needed help and doret them to the certain isle they wanted.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Log hours
Productive workplace
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  London21 September 2018
Very Warm and Kind environment , there are many customers that come through into the shop and the location is also very nice for learning skills and adapting to work life .
Good learning experience
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire21 September 2018
I did work experience here while I was studying for my business degree, it gave me a good insight as to how the business world works and how it feels working for a business.
Pros
Experience
Demoralising
Practioner (Current Employee) –  Glasgow12 September 2018
Some great staff, although they are totally demoralised by management. Management don’t deal with worries or complaints that staff have brush everything under the carpet. Sense are supposed to have an open and honest policy this is so far from the truth.
On one positive note the people we support are a great bunch of people, was great helping them in all aspects of their lives and helping them move forward in their local communities. Lack off training for staff overall and didn’t match the correct staff to service user, anyone will do to cover a shift wether they are competent or not, far to many angeney staff being left with service users they don’t know anything about.
Pros
Great service users
Cons
Bad management, expected to do extra shifts when staff don’t bother to turn up, very high turn over of staff
Fun work place
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Addington, Greater London11 September 2018
It was Nice To work there To help other even thé staff was Nice To me I had fun, I didn't found alot of problem To have my lunch it was alot of shops there.
Cons
8 hours
fun & relaxed
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peebles, Scottish Borders7 September 2018
I only volunteered one day a week but it was a nicely relaxed and friendly environment
kind and understanding management

flexible when it comes to organizing volunteer shifts
Care support worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 August 2018
A typical day at work would begin with going into the service and reading over the young persons personal development folder to ensure you could deliver the best possible care and support for that day. There would be an activity board where you could see what planned activities where on for that day and then ask the person was supporting if they fancied any of the activities. I learned how to work with a variety of different people with a variety of different support needs. Personally I think the management of the service could be better. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was meeting new people and learning new things. The hardest part of the job for me was being told to work every weekend.
Pros
Fun activites
Cons
Working weekends
clothes merchindiser
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Falkirk21 August 2018
take clothes on to shop floor and put away,sort all the sizes and make sure the sizes were in the right order,helping customer find the right products.
A very interesting and fun filled job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rotherham20 August 2018
I have worked at Sense for 3 years now, brilliant opportunities to work closely with a wide range of individuals with dual sensory impairments, learning difficulties, physical disabilities and autism. IN depth and beneficial training courses and opportunities to further knowledge through different course offered including BSL, autism awareness and mental health awareness.
Productive and fun working place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire9 August 2018
Good working envionment, with optional flexible hours if desired.
Friendly coleagues who are always helpful with new trainees.
Within easy reach by public transport.
Learning new skills
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire6 August 2018
I enjoy working on the till, Steaming
nothing was hard
the mangement is great I do different jobs
such as tagging
I learnt how to operate the till
Not a great employer
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  England22 July 2018
Stay away from this charity area manager not appraochable.
Expected to do extra hours with no appreciation at all.
Area manager would just cone and critasise the store.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Management terrible.
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire19 July 2018
I personally overall enjoyed working at Sense for the short period I was there for because I was able to get along with other employees as well as the customers.
Pros
Good amount of time for lunch, Control over hours
Cons
No customers sometimes which leads to boredom
Supportive workplace
Voluntary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire18 July 2018
I was a voluntary member of the team at Sense and it was very valuable experience in the workplace. Management and my fellow members of staff were very helpful in teaching me how to work a till and other skills.
Pros
Good experience.
Cons
Initially shifts were irregular.
friendly and beneficial
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldridge, West Midlands9 July 2018
when working alongside the team, i was completely comfortable with my surroundings and had no reason to feel insecure when providing services around the store.
Friendly enviroment.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent5 July 2018
During my short time there I was welcomed into a safe and friendly environment. The other workers were easily approachable. They were also very sociable and kind.
Pros
The other workers because they were nice and friendly
Cons
there wasnt any cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sense. Our community is ready to answer.