Sense Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  London East, Greater London16 January 2020
rewarding knowing that you are also helping others as well as running a shop and managing staff and volunteers.
planning your day and making sure that you have all the relitive staff
to complete all your daily duties.
support worker
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinning Park10 January 2020
working at sense was good there was lots of training as I was dealing with children and adults with different needs this included medication, and personal care and other conditions that had to be dealt with.
The most part of the day that was enjoying was seeing the smile on the individual faces that told me that must have doing a great job in supporting the individual with their needs and that the management was satisfied with my approach to taken the necessary procedures.
The hardest working day at sense can also be very stressful as there was days when sometime an individual may hit out at staff and the staff would have to step back until the individual would calm down.
Great support from colleagues
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 January 2020
Everyone who works there are working towards a common cause and thats the people we support. The work that everyone does is amazing.
Too much is put onto the managers at times and they are expected to do a lot.
Review
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow31 December 2019
It was fine but management not good found it hard to get reference off people had to do everything not a lot of support from management.

However the staff I worked with were great just felt I needed w change
high standards
Deaf/Blind Support Worker/Learning Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire30 December 2019
My experience of sense is that people we supported were at the centre of all decisions, staff were very passionate about supporting people to have access to as many life experiences as possible, there was a strong family atmosphere and staff would go above and beyond to provide a nice home and lifestyle for the people we were supporting. Such a shame the pay isn’t enough to raise our own families on, but nevertheless a rewarding job in other ways
Ideal for volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London22 December 2019
The staff at sense were very lovely and understanding. And it is a great opportunity if you would like to volunteer. However, I would not recommend for a permanent role as it can get too repetitive and there’s no room to advance.
Good charity
Volunteer Shopworker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow21 December 2019
Disabled children benefit from their work. Good members of the community give up their time to ensure the business operates efficiently, and the public receive awareness of dead blind children in their area.
Great camaraderie among staff
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City16 December 2019
Staff relations are excellent and there is always guidance when needed no matter how long into the job you are. The company core values are of a high standard ensuring supported individuals are assisted to live independently with dignity and aspirations in life and I’ve loved being part of it.
Enjoyed my time here
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City13 December 2019
part time always extra shifts, no pressure to do extra though. Left for another job but kept a relief contract . Management approachable, open door policy . At times fast paced work but could also be relaxed. Person centred approach, inclusion of service user's in all aspects of their lives .
Volunteer
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands10 December 2019
I enjoyed volunteering with sense charity shop
I started there in June 2016 but left in November 2016 due to my mom being diagnosed with breast cancer .
Not as advertised
Specialist Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield26 November 2019
The job role I applied for (specialist support worker) wasn't as described in the advertisement or in the interview; it was put across that I would be working in the community with people whereas I was put in one house doing personal care. It was just very different to how it was described to me. It was very challenging work.
Coworkers were lovely and supportive, and my team leader was understanding of my own mental health needs.
Stressful job
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire24 November 2019
Lots of problems with the way the company is run.
Stuff tends to get bullied and this isn't taken seriously.
Not enough training with service users who have serious behaviour problems.
No training in Autism although the managers have been asked about this for 4yrs.
Hi
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough21 November 2019
Was good had fun met some nice people but the lack of security was poor and there was always coat hangers all over and some of the clothes didn’t get ironed properly
Good
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire20 November 2019
I like working there and it’s fast paced definitely keeps me on my feet,I would like to keep my job there as a volunteer but work around my college time and the time that would b for any type of job.
Volunteer work.
Charity Shop Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough6 November 2019
I don't have much to say about working here as I did it for volunteer work whilst I was at college. The environment was nice and the people there were friendly, the job was very relaxed but there was always something to do.
Good company
Support Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kinning Park1 November 2019
Enjoyed my time with Sense. Meeting services users/ helping them. You can volunteer if this is for you with OGL.
...................................
Job Agencies
COVER TEACHER, EAL TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2019
Working on a day to day basis under the management of a job agency. This agency is very good for education jobs, but sometimes you can be unbooked for aplace in the next working day.
I learnt new skills and help customers find what they where needing
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City30 October 2019
i learnt to tag clothes,work the till, communicate with other and how to steam and sort out the clothes and toys.
the job was voluntarily and easy to do.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton28 October 2019
Nice to volunteer for, competitive hours plus suit my needs. Learnt most of the basic skills working on shop floor and haven't asked to be trained on anything else.
Depending on manager the shop runs brilliantly .
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chadwell Heath, Greater London22 October 2019
My recent manager was definitely on point sorted foods lunch times she really cared about staff, cared about our wellbeing, xmas dinners, birtdays etc made to feel like a family business, chadwellheath best branch ive worked at to be honest the higher management need to pay employers their worth as at present they are drastically under paid an those managers that care put 110 percent work effects into play as well as making sure targets are met....