SENAD Community
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

SENAD Community Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
Fair company to work for but mostly 12, hour shift some 15/16 hours plus a sleep. Rubbish pay for sleep. No overtime bank Holidays only double time christmas day. No sick pay. Having to work every other weekend. You have to be firm with them about working hours.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Long hours rubbish pay
SENAD is by far the worst company I have worked for.
Management is AWFUL, all they care about is the money they take home, no care about the job they are doing!!

Being in the community you rely on communicating over the phone to your manager when you need advice/support, but do they care? NO! I once rang ‘emergency on call’ with no reply WITHIN AN HOUR!!! The only good thing about this company is... NOTHING!! They hire anyone with or without experience, they don’t care as long as they have the ratio correct. I LEFT THIS COMPANY FEELING SERIOUSLY DEPRESSED BECAUSE OF THE PRESSURE YOU ARE UNDER WITH A LONG 12 HOUR SHIFT AND AWFUL AND UNRELIABLE MANAGEMENT!!
Pros
Nothing!!!
Cons
Everything!!
I've worked many places, and always leave because of management and their poor skills or bullying tactics. This is by far the best place I have worked. It is fast paced and stressful to do the job, But that comes with the care role. Management are very supportive and approachable any time you need them. The screening process for new employees is pretty good.
The whole team are really helpful and welcoming, felt at home straight away. The support from management is outstanding considering the current climate. Safety is an essential part of working for SENAD and training is given to make this possible.
Pros
Great Team, good working hours
For a company supporting vulnerable adults and speciific conditions related to challenging behaviour, the training that was carried out by this company was as close as it could be to NHS.Training was done inhouse and the quality was not good.
The support for staff that was in place when dealing with challenging behaviour in retrospect was not as good as it could have been, wihtout reporting mechanisms that followed up incidents with actions or support.

The most worrying thing about the whole company was that support plans and annual reviews were not in place to support clients to be get an approrpritae service.
All staff, and place were lovely. Everyone very helpful and open and honest. A job I hadn't done before but after a short while realised it wasn't for me. Not to put anyone off but seem like a great company to work for supportive and ways to progress.
Senad was a great place to work. I really enjoyed my time there. Nice work colleagues. Fantastic Management, most especially my Line Manager, he was impeccable.
Pros
Very good and supportive Line Manager. Fantastic training
Cons
Poor pay on weekends and most bank holidays.
I worked here for a year and unfortunately, it's only good until they get a vulnerable adult with really complex needs. They have no idea how to deal with certain issues that arise.
Pros
Wages are fairly good
Cons
Zero hour contracts
I’ve worked for lots of different companies and I can say this is the first one where I feel like the word team means something. Everyone is so supportive, there is always someone at the end of the phone or a friendly face in the office, and the work towards independence is amazing everything is about the individual we are supporting not a 1 size fits all or ticking a box - can’t wait to climb to progression ladder
Initially I really enjoyed working for this company, bit hap hazard of areas to work , few weeks in given regular clients to support. Management good but also had issues with being over worked . Stressful and Long hours worked also ended up covering for others on call duties monthly rotation basis fair system, so all Team Leaders were given the opportunities to provide service users with wrap around care services on a 24 hour basis.
Hours are long and can leave you feeling burnt out and taken advantage of. What really shocked me was the ineptitude and duplicity of management. I have witnessed managers suggest sending new members of staff on shift without a shadow and also inventing reasons to report people for safeguarding concerns if they don't like you. Join if you want to Risk your DBS.
The training given by SENAD was good and all of the clients were wonderful people to work with.
The company on a whole was poorly managed, long hours that are not appreciated.

Unfortunately SENAD seemed to employ anyone and everyone which made some shifts seem like you was working with a bunch of monkeys.
The place I will work I want it to be productive, fun, to be great with the clients and must of all to be friendly helpful and communicative with me and to know with the people that I will work with if they are friendly not only with my but olso with the clients.
Pros
Free luñches
Cons
No contract, no confirmation of employment, management are useless keep fobbing you off, training good, no certificates etc until you been at senad for 6 months. Stated 35 hours but didnt get that stated at interview cant do 12 hour shifts too long and have a family but they had me down as that and waking night shift. Nothing is set in stone avoid avoid avoid this company
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours pay for own lunches, drinks, petrol, mileage, car parks. can claim back but not alot
Getting the children up, making sure they are ready for school, taking them, spending time with them, cooking them lunch, then it's home time and keep them entertained for the evening before bed.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad management
unless you stand your ground your taken advantage of, pay is not what they advertise and they are very cute at not paying the rates they advertise, staff turnover vey high
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
SENAD Community Coventry are a great place to work. They invest in all there staff and have achieved a outstanding rating from CQC. This is a company that puts its service users and staff first with an open culture that addresses all issues promptly. Fantastic place.
I work in the coventry team and can honestly say I’ve never worked with a more supportive group of people, I had never worked in this industry before and have been supported from my very first day. The job gives you that feeling of satisfaction you rarely find, it’s not your regular stereotypical care work, you are supporting people to build the skills to excel - it’s so rewarding.
Pros
Great team
Opportunity to develop and a rewarding environment but difficult for work life balance. The job is for someone that wants to support other people and not for a high salary.
Would give zero if I could. After getting no payment for training or travelling which was quite far. Then told it was £7ph and wouldn't get £8 ph til after probation was a disgusting thing to do. They lie right from the start saying I would be working in schools which in fact was with people with disabilities and elderly didn't mind that but that wasn't what I wanted to do.. I joined to help children with special needs but another lie. So I would do alot of research before working for Senad.
Pros
Cons
Lies
Working for this company has been an eye opener into the care industry! I believe that we really do help make people's lives easier and more independent by doing our jobs! It helps people with difficulty living alone to live a life that they should be able to live!!
It has been such a fantastic experience and I will be sad to leave
Pros
Making a difference