Selfridges Employee Reviews

An extremely active environment, friendly, proficient
Brand specialist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
Extremely passionate about delivering customer service to remember. Working at somewhere like selfridges I was big on visual merchandising, driving sales and motivating staff. Driven to achieve sales targets, maximise profit and maintain the Brand's high standards.
unprofessional
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester6 August 2018
I personally think banning someone who used to work for you (and you know was good) is extremely unprofessional and immature.
Management are rude and useless.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London31 July 2018
great company to work for. reasonable staff discounts and benefits are offered. career progression is possible however there are not that many opportunities.
agréable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  londres21 July 2018
selfridges à pour avantage d'avoir enormement de marques de luxe c'est donc tres interessant de travailler avec eux.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
salaire
Friendly Working Environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Selfridges18 July 2018
Manageable workload and lovely coworkers, good potential for growth in career but the pay isn't competitive enough. There is a reluctance to compensate for extra work or exceeding expectations.
Pros
good discount, great atmosphere
Cons
poor pay
temping
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central16 July 2018
Very rude managers, everyone is or for there self.

incredibly cliche orientated.

this being said, many i know have loved working in selfridges, because of the above average salary and 1% commision.
Pros
commission
Cons
staff, manager
Productive and Fun
Freelance Stylist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 July 2018
Working here is a great experience, building relationships with fellow creatives as well as understanding the ins and out of working as a product stylist.
Good vibes and culture
Sales Associate (Part time) (Current Employee) –  London2 July 2018
I started as a Christmas Temp along with final year studies at University. The managers worked around my timetable and was able to work 4 days for 5 hours which although long worked out better considering I wanted 20 Hours a week. The culture of the store is amazing (London) everyone is young so theres that as well. Obviously retail is retail you can't hide that so there are a few annoying times but I feel I was respected as long as you make yourself stand out to managers and respect them it will returned.

Meeting many customers from around the world or country was always great and made that part of the job interesting. I was kept on and moved to Mens denim, again great vibes some people commission greedy but again thats retail but made good friends.

I guess the hardest part of the job was keeping calm when you meet celebrities .
Pros
Commission, Good pay, Good vibes, great Discounts, incentives etc
Cons
Standing long
Creative place to work
Senior Employer Brand Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 July 2018
You have real opportunity to present and drive ideas here - and make a difference. It’s very people oriented and the culture is great. I’ve been able to master great work life balance. Every day is different
Pros
Immersive culture, creative environment, work/life balance, salary
Cons
No discount for contractors
Worst job I’ve ever ever come across
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 June 2018
I was a Christmas temp working for own bought , taken on after working in a concession for 2 years with no issue. Was told by my manager that I would be kept on after Christmas for definite. My manager called me up to the pod on the Monday and offered me the job, the following Saturday I wasn’t well but was told if I didn’t come in the offer would be taken away. So I came in with a doctors note plus medication later on that day she called me up to the management suite and said she will no longer be making me permanent. I celebrated with family which was a waste of time. My sales were amazing also feedback from customers was 10/10. No training provided thrown in the deep end, avoid if you have kids too this company has no values I can’t believe how much I done for this company and the treatment I got back!!!!!!! PLEASE AVOID
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Support, Everything !
okay environment
Click and Collect Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 June 2018
staff were nice some manager really nice and are willing to help when needed. other leave you to your own and expect you to know everything and all the systems. most people were very b*tchy
Pros
i got paid
Cons
everyones very b*tchy
Fun, productive and animated
Food hall Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London11 June 2018
It’s a really big place to work at, a great atmosphere, employees with a family spirit but managers with very low experience. Have the opportunity to meet celebs and engage with different people everyday.
Pros
Amazing discount
Cons
Under qualified managers
Great Department store
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 May 2018
Great store to work in! Really is the best department store! I have worked for Selfridges for 9 months now and am continually impressed with the internal service, social responsibility and enthusiasm the store has.
The best job ever
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 May 2018
loved working in Selfridges everyday. Staff get treated fairly and the level of costumer service that we would give would bring all our costumers back.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
you can get lost when your new
Store Host (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2018
Fast paced and professional environment. Constantly busy and plenty of opportunities to develop your role and within the company. Salary is competitive with good bonus/pension schemes.
Chef Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London18 May 2018
Typical day customers come in and out not very busy
I learnt how to make sushi and how to deal with customers and using the till
Management was not a strong pointer as employment contract was delayed and incorrect salary pay twice for me
Busy day at the counter when serving customers
Counter staff working together
great place to work
Security/support worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 May 2018
good people great atmosphere busy place on the weekends overall would recommend working at selfridges as a security guard. people respect your position
Fashion and more
Supervisor departamento de Información al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Londres17 May 2018
You work wherever you wish to inside this super department store the most modern in the UK.
Pros
fun, young people, a place easy to be at
Cons
sometime music to loud...it drives you mental depending of the department
fun
salers (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 May 2018
good job its a nice place to work. I just cannot see any movement for me right at this time.
they look after their staff, and I couldn't say a bad thing about the management.
fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 May 2018
i loved working in selfridges it was a very fun work enviorment some staff members were very lovely and i got on with all of my peers and always just got the job done.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selfridges. Our community is ready to answer.

Selfridges Reviews by Location