Selfridges Employee Reviews

Fun, productive and animated
Food hall Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London11 June 2018
It’s a really big place to work at, a great atmosphere, employees with a family spirit but managers with very low experience. Have the opportunity to meet celebs and engage with different people everyday.
Pros
Amazing discount
Cons
Under qualified managers
Great Department store
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester29 May 2018
Great store to work in! Really is the best department store! I have worked for Selfridges for 9 months now and am continually impressed with the internal service, social responsibility and enthusiasm the store has.
The best job ever
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London27 May 2018
loved working in Selfridges everyday. Staff get treated fairly and the level of costumer service that we would give would bring all our costumers back.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
you can get lost when your new
Store Host (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 May 2018
Fast paced and professional environment. Constantly busy and plenty of opportunities to develop your role and within the company. Salary is competitive with good bonus/pension schemes.
great place to work
Security/support worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 May 2018
good people great atmosphere busy place on the weekends overall would recommend working at selfridges as a security guard. people respect your position
Fashion and more
Supervisor departamento de Información al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Londres17 May 2018
You work wherever you wish to inside this super department store the most modern in the UK.
Pros
fun, young people, a place easy to be at
Cons
sometime music to loud...it drives you mental depending of the department
fun
salers (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 May 2018
good job its a nice place to work. I just cannot see any movement for me right at this time.
they look after their staff, and I couldn't say a bad thing about the management.
fun work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 May 2018
i loved working in selfridges it was a very fun work enviorment some staff members were very lovely and i got on with all of my peers and always just got the job done.
fun work place
Selfridges Birmingham eds diner / kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 May 2018
very good company to work for lots off benefits to working for the company but because I worked at a company they work along side I wasn't working with them much
High paced luxury retail environment
Senior Sales / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London8 May 2018
Had a great time here, I received glowing customer reviews and exceptional recognition from my managers and directors. This was my last role before relocating to Spain.

I have references from this high profile employmer.
Pros
Celebrity meetings, luxurious environment and a great dynamic team
Cons
High risk of terrorist attacks and internal security issues
department manager
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  London1 May 2018
loved working here , i worked on all floors in store and progressed from sales assistant to dept manager, great balance of work and life very social place to work.
Pros
benefits were excellent
Cons
away from family
fun place
Fragrance and beauty consultant (Exchange square) (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 April 2018
I think that Selfridges was a fun place to work, meeting new people everyday. Personally the most enjoyable part of the job was working in the fast pace environment during the seasonal period. I loved how fast pace the work environment was and always having something to do.
innovative
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  London15 April 2018
Great place to be part of, amazing windows, amazing brands & truly innovative.

A typical day at work, is attending from management brief to set the tone for the day to sharing does information with our team.

Being present on the floor and leading from the front with customer enquiries or product.

We do communicate via whats up a lot, always loading update on high value sale, new product, launch ect.. recognise team member performance ect..
Pros
Discount
Cons
Great working in your concession - Management do not value their employees.
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 April 2018
Favoritism, cutting corners & demeaning.

Floor managers ask for the impossible & to provide service the same as our competitor.

My Actual manager cut many corners and not on as its a Food concession.

Anybody from upstairs think they are prestige and have their nose turned up everywhere they walk.
Pros
Free Lunchs & Tronc
Cons
Dont feel valued, made to feel that others are better than you.
hard work
Apprentice chef/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 April 2018
its was hard work but fun. sometimes you prepare and cook all day and then other times you are bored and doing nothing. it is very inconsistent but on Saturday and Sunday it is very hard work and long days
Pros
free lunches
Cons
inconsistent
Educational and fun
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London21 March 2018
For the 4 months I worked here I had a lot of fun, not only did working at Selfridges teach me a lot, it also allowed me to meet many interesting and unique people. I would happily work for Selfridges again as I enjoyed it so much.
Very hectic place to work and very long hours opening time
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (part & full time) (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2018
Very professional there and very neat and clean. It is typical of luxury hing end. I recommend to work in Selfridges but be prepared for long hours opening time in summer and Christmas closer. Good thing is Selfridges is good on cv.
Feedback
Brand Manager for Proenza Schouler (Former Employee) –  Greater London12 March 2018
Selfridges has been one of my greatest experience. A topical day at work would start by a short daily brief, held by the floor management team. Followed by meeting up with my team to set up the day and go through our monthly and daily targets, take care of new deliveries, check our client list for clientele, vm etc..
Workplace have been full of energy, inspiring and motivating.
The hardest part of the job was mostly when your day gone by and there are lots of things left to do.
The most enjoyable part was the wide rang of product instore and how much you could offer our clients.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Late shifts
not good for people that care
no (Former Employee) –  nono10 March 2018
If you wanna make commisson, then selfridges aint half bad. However, if you want to be in a positive supportive environment while you work, then no pick somewhere else. Managers not supportive and all and lack confidentiality. As long as you make money for them they dont really care how unhappy you are. Transfer within selfridges is not allowed, which particularly is unfair. There is so much more. long story short if you want to be respected and treated well this aint the place to be.
Pros
commission
Cons
No respect no one cares about anything other than money
Employees not valued
Online fulfilment associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 March 2018
For a large corporation like Selfridges, you would expect the benefits and progression rate to be high.
However, employees are not valued at all, suspected as thieves and those that exceed their work are not acknowledged at all unless you are bum chums with the managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selfridges. Our community is ready to answer.

Selfridges Reviews by Location