Selfridges Employee Reviews

great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station8 October 2018
its good place to work meet a lot of nice people gain a lot of skills aswell as luxury customer service skills. management is great people are very passionate about the job however very kind and welcoming especially to the newbies and yeah overall a very fun place to work as theres always something going on
Pros
meet good people, amazing bathroom facilities, eg shower straightners, blowdryer, mirrior ect
Cons
no cons
Fun
customer services (Former Employee) –  Bond Street Station20 September 2018
Great atmosphere
Met lots of celebrities
Kids getting to choose as well as have fun
Pay was great
Will do it all over again
close to home
Always enjoyed helping
Pros
Fun
Cons
Swaps.
To work as Cctv controller and a door Supervisor.
DOC CLEARING (Former Employee) –  Cleaning19 September 2018
To do my best to support the security group including monitoring the interior and exterior of the company, checking to make sure that certain doors are locked when they are supposed to be and reporting my suspicious activity to the local police department immediately.
Agency Staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London19 September 2018
I was agency staff so missed out on some benefits that real staff had. Other than that great working environment, although at times the staff would be slightly rude especially to agency staff.
Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2018
It is a good company to work with, it is hard but that's the job, the radio goes is on all the time, they treat you well they are nice people all the staff are being nice
Difficult place to work
Supervisor at Agent Provocateur (Former Employee) –  London2 September 2018
Work/life balance doesn't exist due to the opening hours and shift patterns. Getting into the store and on the shop floor takes at least 10 mins reducing the time of your breaks and start time at work. Despite this it's a fairly friendly place to work.
For retail, it doesn't get more typical
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2018
This is a typical department store place of employment. High staff turn-over. They should probably focus on some sort of career progression plan in place for employees that aren't there as a temporary job.
Pros
Staff discounts
can be hard work mentally
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London30 August 2018
it isn't as easy as it sounds working there but if you can manage the stress it can be very very very rewarding. The money is good too but london life is expensive.
An extremely active environment, friendly, proficient
Brand specialist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2018
Extremely passionate about delivering customer service to remember. Working at somewhere like selfridges I was big on visual merchandising, driving sales and motivating staff. Driven to achieve sales targets, maximise profit and maintain the Brand's high standards.
unprofessional
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Trafford Centre, Greater Manchester6 August 2018
I personally think banning someone who used to work for you (and you know was good) is extremely unprofessional and immature.
Management are rude and useless.
Very self centered environment
sales (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central3 August 2018
Welcome to world where you get recognised for how much you laugh at a manager's joke, how double faced and pretentious you are. if you don't mind to be treated like a child and you are good at keeping your head down to get what you want, can put on different heads, willing to change to what your managers want you to be and love playing the whatever it takes to get to where i want even if it means to become a double/ fake personality then welcome to the jungle where favoritism is key.
Meet your unwanted side of your self when working there. And sorry in advance if you are foreign very unlikely to progress.
when i you start a job in selfridges be ready to get thrown into a sieve where only the most self centered and and far from genuine people will get through, but having said that it's down to you if you like playing the game like they'll always tell in Selfridges ''you have to play the game'' then this is the place for you. most people would advise you to work for a concession within the department store rather than selfridges it self. pay is poor and treatment is not for everyone. the did however win a few best department store in the world award ;) wonder how? check out selfridges on the outside of its body which is the told facts ''media, advertisement'' customer reviews maybe. however, if you want to check out the untold you have to get down there and get your self a job. otherwise like me you will be motivated to get your self out of there after a maximum of one year and end up doing what you love.
not a hater review but a true person to my self,, the moment you start
  more... working there you'll mostly staff talking about leaving.
To be clear, not just putting a negative review on here, i will be publishing a book about life behind fashion retail doors and selfridges will be one of them :).
Pros
Discounts, Location, Canteen
Cons
Pay, Management, Progression
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London31 July 2018
great company to work for. reasonable staff discounts and benefits are offered. career progression is possible however there are not that many opportunities.
agréable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  londres21 July 2018
selfridges à pour avantage d'avoir enormement de marques de luxe c'est donc tres interessant de travailler avec eux.
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
salaire
Friendly Working Environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Selfridges18 July 2018
Manageable workload and lovely coworkers, good potential for growth in career but the pay isn't competitive enough. There is a reluctance to compensate for extra work or exceeding expectations.
Pros
good discount, great atmosphere
Cons
poor pay
temping
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central16 July 2018
Very rude managers, everyone is or for there self.

incredibly cliche orientated.

this being said, many i know have loved working in selfridges, because of the above average salary and 1% commision.
Pros
commission
Cons
staff, manager
Productive and Fun
Freelance Stylist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 July 2018
Working here is a great experience, building relationships with fellow creatives as well as understanding the ins and out of working as a product stylist.
Good vibes and culture
Sales Associate (Part time) (Current Employee) –  London2 July 2018
I started as a Christmas Temp along with final year studies at University. The managers worked around my timetable and was able to work 4 days for 5 hours which although long worked out better considering I wanted 20 Hours a week. The culture of the store is amazing (London) everyone is young so theres that as well. Obviously retail is retail you can't hide that so there are a few annoying times but I feel I was respected as long as you make yourself stand out to managers and respect them it will returned.

Meeting many customers from around the world or country was always great and made that part of the job interesting. I was kept on and moved to Mens denim, again great vibes some people commission greedy but again thats retail but made good friends.

I guess the hardest part of the job was keeping calm when you meet celebrities .
Pros
Commission, Good pay, Good vibes, great Discounts, incentives etc
Cons
Standing long
Creative place to work
Senior Employer Brand Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 July 2018
You have real opportunity to present and drive ideas here - and make a difference. It’s very people oriented and the culture is great. I’ve been able to master great work life balance. Every day is different
Pros
Immersive culture, creative environment, work/life balance, salary
Cons
No discount for contractors
Worst job I’ve ever ever come across
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 June 2018
I was a Christmas temp working for own bought , taken on after working in a concession for 2 years with no issue. Was told by my manager that I would be kept on after Christmas for definite. My manager called me up to the pod on the Monday and offered me the job, the following Saturday I wasn’t well but was told if I didn’t come in the offer would be taken away. So I came in with a doctors note plus medication later on that day she called me up to the management suite and said she will no longer be making me permanent. I celebrated with family which was a waste of time. My sales were amazing also feedback from customers was 10/10. No training provided thrown in the deep end, avoid if you have kids too this company has no values I can’t believe how much I done for this company and the treatment I got back!!!!!!! PLEASE AVOID
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Support, Everything !
okay environment
Click and Collect Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester26 June 2018
staff were nice some manager really nice and are willing to help when needed. other leave you to your own and expect you to know everything and all the systems. most people were very b*tchy
Pros
i got paid
Cons
everyones very b*tchy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Selfridges. Our community is ready to answer.

Selfridges Reviews by Location