Selfridges

Selfridges Employee Reviews

United Kingdom421 reviews
Fun and reliable place to work
fun place to work with no pressure if you work for the own bought team: good salary and commission scheme;
opportunity to progress if you are patience, resilient and a can do attitude;

management could be better;

process and procedures are inconsistent and unclear;
poor
Very stresfull environment to work, managers bully, treating stuff unfairly and with no respect. I wouldnt recommend if you are not ready to face difficulties and stress level in the shop.
Good work poor company
Staff are bum lickers to management. Fake smiles too much makeup. No buddy scheme. Rubbish locker system. No bonus no payrise. The only good thing is the people I work with.
Productive, faced paced, positive workplace
Really enjoyed my time hear, some really positive staff, definitely the best place to work in the retail industry. Management were very supportive and friendly
Energetic
Very energetic, lots to do, fast pace, loads of customers. Some managers are cool, especially on the mens floor. But some are quite strict but there is some autonomy when doing your tasks.
Pros
Great canteen
Cons
Rude customers
Fun place were to work
I love Selfridges. I love the good vibes in the air. The music. The customers from all over the world.
It's one of the most amazing department store in London for me.
Managers couldn’t care less about the employees
I was promised a continuation of my contract after the season ended and on my last shift the managers told me that there were no available positions on their team and I would not be working for them anymore.
fun workplace
a typical day at work Arrange orders and deliveries of stock for customers focus on preparing packages for shipment / process orders for packing Greeting customers in a timely fashion while quickly determining their needs.
lovely staff

management treat you badly like you are nothing to them
Pros
lovely staff so helpful
Cons
too many in management
Very Unflexible and Bad Management
managers don't care about work/life balance and expect you to put the company above all else, even if you're a part time worker. can't be sick more than twice within 3 months or you hit an absence trigger which can lead to you being punished or fired. great people to work with but it is still very competitive due to the commission scheme, people will try and steal your sales for their own gain. great benefits and incentives such as the 35% discount which goes down to 50% on most brands on certain days such as black Friday. good place to work if you have no other commitments such as school or a social life. long hours with nowhere to sit too..
Fun workplace
No comments
I worked for concession

No benefits

Convenient

The hardest part of the job working hours, Sundays, bank holidays

Fun work place to work.
Fun enviroment
Typical day invloves a quiet start but easy to get into the flow of things. Ive learnt how to be in a bigger space working alongside colleagues from different backgrounds. Very enjoyable space with lots going on in store.
Environnement de travail agréable
Responsable Espace de Vente en grand magasin Miller Harris
It’s ok
It’s not a great place to work but it’s ok. They expect a lot from you but don’t ever expect a thank you for your hard work. It is what it is, it’s a job and it gets the bills paid... just about anyway.
Selfridges
Selfridges is an incredibly wonderful store to work in. You meet a very wide range of people from slot of different cultures which enriches you as a person. The working environment has a really lovely family feel and the overall working day at selfridges is lovely.
It was a good experience
It was organised, given brief everyday. We knew our positions and targets for the day. Which made it very easy to get into. Objectives were clear, concise and easy to understand.
Productive and professional
Selfridges is defiantly a company I would recommend working for however. I would not recommend working for the company under an agency. This made receiving hours quite difficult.
Horrible
HATED THIS PLACE. horrible management and huge stench of toxic masculinity everywhere. Ridiculous micro-management from the fleet of floor managers. Never busy enough, always bored.
Excellent place to work
I loved working there, my first job after college and loved it so much I stayed there for 8 years. I left as they was extending their opening hours and I didnt feel safe travelling home so late at night but other than that I'd still be there now
Vibrant and Dynamic Environment
A typical day is never the same, it's full of opportunities and you get to work with great people who are willing to guide and support you along the way. The culture is dynamic most days, where the business is always offering motivating courses and events to get involved with. The job itself is full of open windows and you are able to take your role where you want it to be.
Fast-paced but fun environment to work in
- It is a great company to have on your CV
- Great if you enjoy working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment

- Amazing pay and opportunity for additional salary rewards
N/a
I did enjoy working Selfridges but if they wanted you out they would find a way. Employee Relation were especially vindictive towards older members of staff.