Select Healthcare

Select Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom67 reviews
At the present moment with Corona Virus its very difficult for staff and families. Also Deaths have been in the work place .But as Team we are pulling through these difficult times.
17 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We hope you are receiving all of the support on offer to our staff whilst in this pandemic.
Island Court (Coseley) Terrible experience at this Home, Residents really lovely. Most of the Staff and Manager spend more time outside Smoking. Leave most of care to other staff, so residents suffer. They Gossip about staff. Couldn't work there any longer Manager not fair say no more.
Pros
Cons
Unfairness
Shocking workplace.
Management Let abuse go on, even when reported.

Manager is a bully along with deputy, some staff are amazing and the place wouldn't run without them but others shouldn't be carers.

Residents can be left in dirty pads to walk around in, they are also ignored when they ask to go to the toilet..
Pros
The residents
Do not work there . The management are a disgrace they bully staff which is why people leave . They have hardly any experienced staff and the care is poor . The manger makes people cry . Seniour care assistants think they are management and also bully staff
Pros
Cons
Awful place bad management
Terrible place to work. Place is in rack and ruins . Staff are constantly arguing. No PPE supplied for personal care and if you ask for it you get given gloves that are too small for your hand so cant wear them.
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
During 5 months of working there - received no uniform of any kind and no ID badge... However, they charge £4 from your salary every month for drinks regardless! Poor management and non-existent leadership, very low morale, constantly hearing swearing from members of staff, seeing bad manners and just rudeness. This place would suit someone really tough, who can develop in toxic workplace somehow without any support, and who finds joy in gossip and arguments. The company cares about the business only and it's obvious from what kind of residents they admit and whom they wouldn't let go of!
Pros
Free car park
Cons
Not appropriate room for staff to have a break
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. We are dedicated to ensuring every single resident within the business is cared for, as we would care for our own family. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
I work for select healthcare is is ok company to work for hence I worked there before and I have returned to them. I enjoy the job it can be very rewarding but also very stressful. This job isn't for everyone but if you have a caring nature I would recommend this work.
Pros
Can be flexible
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Its nice to know you have enjoyed your time working for Select!
My time working at select healthcare was a great opportunity. Of course the work is fast paced, we are working in health and social care. Friendly staff, welcoming manager and happy residents
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Glad you hear you are enjoying your opportunity!
i have worked in Victoria Lodge for 2 months and i love the place because i got to interact with wonderful residents very funny and smiley .. and you can tell that the residents are very well looked after by the staff . The home manager is good and supportive and most of the time hands on towards the lovely residents.When i decided to quit she was very helpful trying to transfer me from another carehome under the same company.
Pros
good working hours
17 June 2020
Thank you for your review. It's nice to hear you are supported in your role!
The manager is nice I did 2 shifts and left due to staffing being 1 nurse and 1 carer down stairs and one senior and 1 carer up you have to put people to bed and administer medication while jugling housekeeping etc the residential unit as end of life residents and the nurse comes up to administer drugs I've never known this in a residential home
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. Island Court is a Nursing home hence the reason for Nurses. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
I love my job as as a nurse and always wanted to be a nurse from age of 6 .I have had alot of experience in different fields of care from being a carer myself working in care homes, on the community then in a hospital where I was seconded by trust to do my nursing I stayed in the trust for 12months but then went into nursing home care setting .
17 June 2020
Would not recommend! Majority of staff unhelpful and in most cases bullying, you feel belittled for even doing your job. Very poor quality of care, constantly being asked to do more, very stressful.
17 June 2020
Horrible management, two faced staff, one rule for one and none for the other. Lazy unresponsive staff, the managers are none existent and if you are not friends with their tight group then good luck, they have all known each other since school so it's basically staff full of family. You'll have no career and talking about problems just gets you fired. GDPR out the window and they couldn't care less.
17 June 2020
Thank you for your honest feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve and become better for both our guests and our employees. If you do wish to escalate your concerns, please contact head office on 01384 217 900. We will ensure your feedback reaches the appropriate people.
I love my job, it is is very rewarding, the home is like home from home with lovely decor and surroundings, great team who work very hard, excellent manager who is very hands on and is always out on the floor working as part of the team...wonderful place to work!
Pros
very supportive manager, lovely homely place to work
Cons
can be fast paced but rewarding
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that your are enjoying your role!
I have worked in care for 20 years and although the company select is good the management is very poor factual that all their staff leave approach attitude from the deputy manager is disgraceful food and fluids are of poor standards and choice and although its advertised activities they don't exsist bettermanaged could be a great care home
17 June 2020
Everything about this place is incompetent which includes standard of care and professionalism I left because I spoke out about the unbelievable incompetence I was witnessing from the manager to the senior staff which obviously made me become unpopular but rather be unpopular than unprofessional . No confidentiality and accident waiting to happen
17 June 2020
Could be better there are so many issues there from nothing to dry your hands on or wash with toilet roll is not there most of the time more choices in food needed place just leakes sockets not working need a good make over only place that it nice and new is mgrs office a lot more could be said about the place but as you can see from the above someone is to blame or just doesn't care
Pros
End of shift
Cons
Time there
17 June 2020
Jubilee court coseley is the worst place I have ever worked,the staff are bullies talk about each other the manager is a liar and a waste of time she dosnt bother with the residents only when officials are there and no support off seniors and lack of care off the nurses this home wants undercover investigating stay well clear
17 June 2020
As this is a new experience for myself, I am still learning all aspects of nursing home care, it is different to home Healthcare, there are positives and negatives. I hope to bring my experience to my role and hope to advance in my job to enable further success for the company as well as the residents we care for.
17 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. So glad you are enjoying your role and learning lots!
Absolute awful place to work. The manager is so incompetent. They don't care about residents. They have no respect for staff. Staff do what they want. The managers allow residents to dictate terms and they allow certain members of staff to run the place because they are their favourites. Literally a winterbourne waiting to happen.
17 June 2020
Shocking company to work for.....
make you do training days on your days off and if you can’t make it they charge you £50 out of your wages.

Management have their favourites.

Rota changes whiteout notice or even ask your availability
Pros
Service users are well looked after
Cons
12 hour shifts
17 June 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Select Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.