SEI Investments Employee Reviews

Supportive environment
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London15 October 2017
All the colleagues were very friendly and I managed to work well with the team to complete our tasks, i was given various tasks such as invoicing as well as learning about the use of sage 50.
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2017
I learned the different job roles that the sector has and I also learnt that their other subjects or jobs that can lead to a job you don't expect at the end
Pros
Free lunches
SEI Investment Manager
Senior Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG20 January 2015
SEI is a multi-award winning global operational outsourcing specialist (2800+ employee; $650bn AUA) providing comprehensive outsourcing operational solutions: fund administration, front-, middle- and back-office operational solutions, regulatory and compliance reporting, as well as investor and manager communication tools - across a range of registered and unregistered fund structures, diverse investment strategies and jurisdictions, covering all asset classes and applying customised operating services and industry-leading technologies to each client’s business objective.
A great place to develop
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London12 January 2015
A great company to develop and learn, constant challenges and new opportunities. I enjoy learning new skill sets on a day to day basis and learning how to develop in a lower management role. my reason for moving on is a fresh challenge and progression in my career.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Heywood, ENG16 October 2014
The company was closed not long after I left. It was a huge factory and supplied car electricals.
Pros
Provided uniform
Fast Paced but fun
Operational Controls Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 June 2014
* Ensure effective coordination with the various operating units covering; Securities Custody, Trade Processing and Settlement, Foreign Exchange, Fees, Corporate Action and Income, Reporting (Statements, Performance & Taxes), Reconcilement and Currency processes and functions. * Proactively recommend innovations and modifications which are in compliance with industry requirements and are consistent with corporate objectives and goals to improve operational processes, systems, policies and procedures. * Interface with Operating units and business units as required to provide proactive notification of changes to the corrections and reversals process including new software releases and additions or changes to existing workflow. * Ensure that all documentation relating to new processes associated with new services and platform releases is properly maintained. * Support the establishment of the operating environment responsible for corrections and reversals processing functions. * Participate in identifying, defining and implementing Quality Assurance processes used to support the correction and reversal processes within our Global Wealth Services offering. * Insure timeliness and accuracy of execution of GWS Operations tasks within the corrections and reversals processing team. * This position requires versatility with the ability to perform technical and business activities as necessary in the correction process. This position has been designed to execute the corrective process through standardization, bringing about scale and improved risk reporting to all activities.
Cons
Long Hours
Good environment, friendly work place, productive
Global Cash Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Mayfair, United Kingdom15 March 2013
Daily sweeps, Bacs rejections, processing chaps/bacs payments. Client money transfers, Checking and authorising payments, End of Day money transfers.

I have learnt to multi task as well as being organised and working with deadlines. I work well under pressure, and I am really thorough and precise and enjoy working within a fast paced environment.

My co-workers are really lovely people. We work hard but there is always time for a good laugh and joke as it gets you through the day. You can always get on with work but it's the people that really make the environment enjoyable to work in.

The hardest part of my job is being is making sure all payments have gone through before the deadline as we get hundreds of payments throughout the day. Checking and authorising them that the right amounts have been processed. Making sure all the details are correct. As well as resolving all queries.

I really enjoy the fast paced environment in finance/investments. You learn something new every day and it's grate to work with colleagues who also have a lot of experience behind them as you can learn and gain more knowledge from those people around you. Finance is always changing around us and I find it so fascinating and exciting that there are new challenges and fantastic training courses to broaden your knowledge.
Pros
experience, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, no lunch
A rubbish place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  Bruton Street31 October 2012
I recently joined SEI on a 5 week contract, which got extended to 3 months and then 6.

The company has no structure or organisation and it is constantly dealing with problems as they have not put correct procedures in place.

Processes they use are outdated, a few members of management are good- the others just sit in meetings all day, talking, when they should be more involved with the staff and asking them questions.

My co-workers were lovely.

The ability to move up the ladder with SEI is next to impossible, have spoken to people who have been there 3 years and had previous experience and not moved an inch.

I wanted more training on other areas to enhance my knowledge but nobody seemed to have the time to do that.

I am hard working, motivated, confident and always put 100% into a job, this was not recognised at SEI, probably due to my age, they just think I am inexperienced and useless.

Great place to get a job for a 6 month intership, but if you are looking as a potential career path, especially in operations, dont bother.

Get a trainee broker role and be pushed in financial sales.