SEETEC Employee Reviews

Dobré platebni podmínky, příjemný pracovní kolektiv.
Freelance Learning and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  London21 May 2019
Bylo potěšení pracovat pro tuto společnost. Dobré platebni podmínky, příjemný pracovní kolektiv.
Can be a great fun environment depending on team and contract
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 April 2019
I worked an a Welfare to Work program. Both my line manager and team were great and supportive. We were given plenty of autonomy and trust in doing our job and we did it as well as possible. Shame the contract ended and the team was dispensed.
Pros
Great environment. Good people. Autonomy.
Cons
Average salary. Training was too far
From what I remember it was a fine place to learn
IT Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Essex8 March 2019
I left Seetec 7 years ago, but from what I remember it was a fine place to learn with a great atmosphere. I was an apprentice for 2 years starting in 2011 then moved on.
Employment consultant
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  North West6 February 2019
Dreadful bullying management. Given limited tools to help people genuinely in need. ‘Clients’ sent from the Jobcentre to Seetec to get back in to work and felt sorry for the majority of them. Worked with criminals of all levels and worried for my safety on multiple occasions. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians, would sum up the staff. On one occasion I was told to inform a client he needed to shower and button up his shirt prior to an intervention, after which the same manager helped the client lodge a complaint against me.
Left after 1 year and a wasted year at that.
Pros
Going home at end of the day
Cons
Arriving at work in the morning
good
Assessor/Functional Skills Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 January 2019
overall a good company to work for. rewarded for hard work. good culture. i enjoy working there a lot. highly recommend it....................................
Unhealthy Environment
Youth Engagement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham29 November 2018
A lot of time wasted with management calling meetings for no reason. Working here is basically a sales position. Trying to convince young people, their parents, the job centre's that courses were valuable and worthy when all staff members know that they would never put anyone that they knew into any training with them. Staff are treated badly, there is a culture of not following correct procedures, signing people up for numbers and not doing the best thing for young people's futures. Colleagues are not adequately trained to do their jobs and when this is pointed out management shirk responsibility and push staff out- bullying. Looking for work elsewhere as everyone is so unhappy here all the time. Hardest part of job is pretending that people gain anything from them here.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Where do we begin?
Detention center, Horrible and Stressful Environment
Unemployed and looking for work (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London13 November 2018
Almost 2 years ago I was referred by the jobcentre to attend this work program. Initially I was hopeful that they will support me to get back into employment. But then it felt like a detention center. All we did was sign documents and attendance books. Staff were very unprofessional and lacked basic skills to deal with unemployed people. They were not fair to people especially those who lacked English , single mums and people with mental issues. They stopped clients from attending English classes. I personally wanted to do a TA course to help me work in a school. But one of my previous advisors stopped. They just wanted to get rid of clients by forcing them into any jobs. Some ran away from seetec into jobs they hated to escape the advisors pressures. But unfortunately they came because they couldn't handle their jobs. People were forced to use computers. But some couldn't even switch it on. I know people who cried because they didn't how to use the computer.
We witnessed fights all the time. I certainly lost all my confidence there because of the way the advisors treated me. I had more qualifications than most of them. But that didn't matter . I don't know a single person who found s good job through seetec.
Pros
free water
Cons
Every day
trainee
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 November 2018
This was a work placement for a charity shop. I helped with the stocks and shop floor. I work from 9-5 the management team was friendly

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and learning how the business work
Different
Business Development consultant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London28 October 2018
most managers let you get on with your job, not much career progression lack of motivation to develop in role.

The job did give you the chance to be yourself in your role.
government funded
Administration Co-Ordinator/Finance Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich10 October 2018
enjoyed working here, helping people who were unemployed to get training and find work. meetings and conferences held near London so lots of travel, lovely staff at my office
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
distance to travel to Head Office
Truly dreadful
Business Development & Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge then Bury St Edmunds30 July 2018
I left my management position after 3/4 weeks - following training at various offices in East Anglia and North London. A truly horrible enviroment - overworked, underpaid staff with outdated management practices - no wonder that so many 'junior' emloyees in the regional offices I visited treated the people under their care with so much contempt. Horrible just horrible.
Progression
Skills Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London19 June 2018
A typical day at work sees my motivating my team to achieve results and strategically planning what delivery we have on offer, when and where. Since joining Seetec I have learned a great deal and been given the opportunity to progress in my career which has benefited me greatly.
productive workplace
Motor Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lancaster17 May 2018
YMCA is a well structured work environment with a fun and keen approach to learning , a typical day there consists of learning all about the motor trade and how a component of a car works.
Pros
respectfull learning enviroment
Slow, ponderous, outdated organisation
Skills Coach/ Assessor (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 May 2018
Nice people but...
None of the management team seem to know what is going on ie.
poor vision and planning, lack of communication, no training/ people development and very slow decision making.
Provided equipment is almost antique.
Pros
Decent pay and perks
Cons
Not a long term job- they seem to be unable to hold down a contract
No Job satisfaction or security
Performance and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Essex27 April 2018
there is no common structure to salaries among staff. There are people doing same roles yet there is a big difference in wages.
job security is awful and you are only guaranteed 6 months to a year before facing redundancy.
i have been here for 4 years and been faced redundancy 3 times and i am still one of the lowest earnest but one of the highest performers.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
boring and no options to gorw.
Challenging
(i)Business Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  South East London3 April 2018
A typical day at work involves dealing with a variety of people with a variety of difficult circumstances, all of whom have been placed into a select category of 'Jobseeker'.
Unfortunately, there is no appropriateness question prior to arriving on the Workplace programme, leaving those deemed to be jobseekers frustrated, alienated and scared.
Through personal development and connecting to provide help where possible, it allowed a great sense of achievement that individuals who felt they could not be helped to find work.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Prospects of promotion very limited, unknown day to day, security
Dreadful
IT Support (Former Employee) –  South East5 March 2018
Minimal respect or acknowledgement, old boys club with small minded mentality and outdated views, no training, no prospects.... Genuinely, I wouldn't work here... Well, I'm not...... I've recently left!
This organisation are all about cutting corners and ticking whatever boxes they can and are extremely unethical, short sighted, unprofessional, and will ensure targets are met by any means. They state that they deliver on government contracts but it's how they 'achieve' those results which concerned me the most. Top/senior management are all about profit and not about treating staff with respect, dignity, or support. Service users or clients were treated like just numbers that needed to be achieved as per contractual requirements.
Please take my personal and professional opinion to steer clear of working for this organisation. You will not be treated with respect and the level of expectation to deliver what they demand will impact your personal life too. This organisation went through 3 organisational restructures within 12 months because they were more about profit than quality of service delivery. I would rather have my hands surgically removed than ever have this misfortune of working for this dispicible organisation ever again.
Pros
Cons
Demand too much, lack of respect, unethical, old boys club, poor salary; bullying tactics
Poor
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  East of England22 September 2017
Micro managed for even senior staff.
A culture of get rid (redundancy) if face doesn't fit, and then recruit again for same positions.

Disparity between salary bands for same jobs
Pros
Cons
Poor management, not trusted, heavy turnover of staff
employment consultant
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk4 September 2017
I am involved in unloading trucks, stocking shelves, accurately counting inventory and keeping the floor area clean and safe. My work experience includes utilizing industrial forklifts, adhering to safety procedures, securing loads and writing up documentation.
Great people, great management.
Employment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich12 August 2017
Fulfilling work, great management, amazing training.

Training of all new starts is very structured, I worked as a Employment adviser and I never felt like I could not seek answers for questions I needed or further training.
Pros
Great People, Great management.
Cons
Stressful