SEETEC

SEETEC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom103 reviews
No opportunities for ambitious staff. They are suppressed into mundane roles until they leave. Awful bidding team results in very little work to do as no business won.
definitely wouldn't recommend working for this company. They treat employees like slaves, there is no work culture, management are very unprofessional, senior management are never seen and never contactable. They don't follow processes including safeguarding, health and safety or even basic work protocols. I felt like I was working in a sweat shop! They'll do nothing to support their clients
Pros
got to work from home
Cons
Unprofessional, lack of management and support
Appalling company. Awful culture, lack of respect for clients and thier needs, shocking behaviour by some staff and managers. Not at all what it advertises to be.
I attended an interview in Hastings and found both the interviewees very friendly and professional. 10 Interview questions but the staff engaged in my answers and made me feel important and listened to.
The process was smooth and quick and the next day I was offered the role.

Much respect and praise for the two ladies who interviewed me, especially the main lady. Genuine and fair employers, unless I was just lucky with my team!
A company to believe in when delivering their core values.. gave me a strong sense of belief in myself and others. Extremly sad to have left.. Not by choice I was Tuped..
Went there to do a course and passed. All staff are very nice and helped me with everything I needed. Never let down once they always found a way to sort things out if things didn't seem possible.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Bylo potěšení pracovat pro tuto společnost. Dobré platebni podmínky, příjemný pracovní kolektiv.
I worked an a Welfare to Work program. Both my line manager and team were great and supportive. We were given plenty of autonomy and trust in doing our job and we did it as well as possible. Shame the contract ended and the team was dispensed.
Pros
Great environment. Good people. Autonomy.
Cons
Average salary. Training was too far
I left Seetec 7 years ago, but from what I remember it was a fine place to learn with a great atmosphere. I was an apprentice for 2 years starting in 2011 then moved on.
Dreadful bullying management. Given limited tools to help people genuinely in need. ‘Clients’ sent from the Jobcentre to Seetec to get back in to work and felt sorry for the majority of them. Worked with criminals of all levels and worried for my safety on multiple occasions. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians, would sum up the staff. On one occasion I was told to inform a client he needed to shower and button up his shirt prior to an intervention, after which the same manager helped the client lodge a complaint against me.
Left after 1 year and a wasted year at that.
Pros
Going home at end of the day
Cons
Arriving at work in the morning
overall a good company to work for. rewarded for hard work. good culture. i enjoy working there a lot. highly recommend it....................................
A lot of time wasted with management calling meetings for no reason. Working here is basically a sales position. Trying to convince young people, their parents, the job centre's that courses were valuable and worthy when all staff members know that they would never put anyone that they knew into any training with them. Staff are treated badly, there is a culture of not following correct procedures, signing people up for numbers and not doing the best thing for young people's futures. Colleagues are not adequately trained to do their jobs and when this is pointed out management shirk responsibility and push staff out- bullying. Looking for work elsewhere as everyone is so unhappy here all the time. Hardest part of job is pretending that people gain anything from them here.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Where do we begin?
Almost 2 years ago I was referred by the jobcentre to attend this work program. Initially I was hopeful that they will support me to get back into employment. But then it felt like a detention center. All we did was sign documents and attendance books. Staff were very unprofessional and lacked basic skills to deal with unemployed people. They were not fair to people especially those who lacked English , single mums and people with mental issues. They stopped clients from attending English classes. I personally wanted to do a TA course to help me work in a school. But one of my previous advisors stopped. They just wanted to get rid of clients by forcing them into any jobs. Some ran away from seetec into jobs they hated to escape the advisors pressures. But unfortunately they came because they couldn't handle their jobs. People were forced to use computers. But some couldn't even switch it on. I know people who cried because they didn't how to use the computer.
We witnessed fights all the time. I certainly lost all my confidence there because of the way the advisors treated me. I had more qualifications than most of them. But that didn't matter . I don't know a single person who found s good job through seetec.
Pros
free water
Cons
Every day
This was a work placement for a charity shop. I helped with the stocks and shop floor. I work from 9-5 the management team was friendly

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and learning how the business work
most managers let you get on with your job, not much career progression lack of motivation to develop in role.

The job did give you the chance to be yourself in your role.
enjoyed working here, helping people who were unemployed to get training and find work. meetings and conferences held near London so lots of travel, lovely staff at my office
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
distance to travel to Head Office
I left my management position after 3/4 weeks - following training at various offices in East Anglia and North London. A truly horrible enviroment - overworked, underpaid staff with outdated management practices - no wonder that so many 'junior' emloyees in the regional offices I visited treated the people under their care with so much contempt. Horrible just horrible.
A typical day at work sees my motivating my team to achieve results and strategically planning what delivery we have on offer, when and where. Since joining Seetec I have learned a great deal and been given the opportunity to progress in my career which has benefited me greatly.
YMCA is a well structured work environment with a fun and keen approach to learning , a typical day there consists of learning all about the motor trade and how a component of a car works.
Pros
respectfull learning enviroment
Nice people but...
None of the management team seem to know what is going on ie.

poor vision and planning, lack of communication, no training/ people development and very slow decision making.

Provided equipment is almost antique.
Pros
Decent pay and perks
Cons
Not a long term job- they seem to be unable to hold down a contract
there is no common structure to salaries among staff. There are people doing same roles yet there is a big difference in wages.
job security is awful and you are only guaranteed 6 months to a year before facing redundancy.

i have been here for 4 years and been faced redundancy 3 times and i am still one of the lowest earnest but one of the highest performers.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
boring and no options to gorw.