Securitas Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth16 August 2018
Pays if you work hard 6-7 days a week
Needs to be nearer home an less travel no leisure family time cannot progresses because relief Officers are more usefull Facilities are scarce
Pros
Some travel expenses
Cons
Too far from home an not scheduled enough work router keeps changing last minute
Poor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire14 August 2018
Some of the sites you work on ain't to bad management are poor they don't care that there's bullying going on as long as they get people on seats and treat you poor and you can never have a day off with out them phoneing
Pros
Non
Cons
No social life
Job rewarding
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes11 August 2018
Good company to work for. Job satisfaction working on different sites
making sure security is met to clients needs and ensuring the health and safety of personnel and property.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
longhours
Sometimes is boring sometimes is a hardworking job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2018
Being a security in the retail sector that's mean you are working in the daytime, sometimes 12 hours. Management doesn't give you so much support if you need it.
Pros
Work at the daytime
Cons
Standing long hours at the store's door
fun job
Aviation Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Doncaster Airport30 July 2018
I enjoyed working at the airport a lot, you get to meet a lot of diverse people and hear their languages ect. It is an easy job to do and in an exciting environment.
Pros
duty free discount
Cons
3am shifts
Irritating
Mobile Relief Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wakefield19 July 2018
They start off with promising decent amount of hours but barley worked 16 hours a week if lucky pay is about minimum and no real bonuses lack of orders from head office
Pros
Cons
very few hours not enough pay
good workplace
Security Officer, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire19 July 2018
my personal opinion is Securitas has change a lot but not bad company to work for. how ever everything is done by your line manager. communication is poor. I strongest recommended join a union.
Pros
special at nights you are work along
Cons
long 12 hours shifts
nepotism
guard (Current Employee) –  uk11 July 2018
As a workforce you don't stand a chance.Managers don't care about you.Good sites are shared between friends of managers.When the vacancy comes up you can apply but job is already promised to managers pets.Imagine being on site for several years as a guard,you know the site inside out,then a supervisors vacancy comes up and you think I deserve it.Then you get a nasty surprise when an office nerd,with no knowledge of site nor any experience gets the job.You try to win a loosing battle with management,who you have done millions of favours before to and basically told to put up and shut up.Or you can appeal lol to the same managers who stabbed you in the back.
mafia
A Joke
Guard (Former Employee) –  All over9 July 2018
This company tells you they have all kinds of hours but fail to let you know it's all over the place. They wanted me to work several different locations with different pay for each. One day at each place with different uniforms.... a real Joke.
Pros
Ummm
a cool place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 July 2018
productive and fun workplace, management are super supportive, company has an international outlook, this is a company that is going places. the building that iam working in has excellent management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micro management
not bad work place
Business Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Bristol9 June 2018
bad hours , low pay and expect the earth from you. very bad senior management bad hours , no work life balance, you must cover in a minutes notice even though you have worked your contracted hours, and they push to work or put a black mark against your name
Pros
pay
Cons
no life
Was ok till they docked my hours and then months
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare6 June 2018
Nothing good to say. Lots of hours. Lots of grief and very little reward .
I liked the anount of work load to start with but when they wanted to they could cut hours or work all together.
I met alot of nice colleagues who I count now as friends.
Management however really don't care about there workers.
Pros
Loads of hours
Cons
Can cut your work at any point and not care
N/a
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham4 June 2018
Management does not care about "the door supervisor workers. The pay is low unless you work like a donkey. They do not offer any opportunities to progress corporate the ladder.
Pros
Meet good people
Cons
Bad management and poor salary
Awful
Building co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 May 2018
Worked for Securitas twice in the past 8 years both times as a tupe transfer.

First time I had my 50 hour a week contract reduced to 0 hours, got acas and a solicitor involved and was offered two months wages so took them and left.

Lastly moved after 14 months doing 60 hours a week on days Monday to Friday to nights on relief working all over the show.

30 Min break on 12 hour shift
Poor management
Often called at weekends / days off / holiday being asked to work even though I’d worked 60 hours that week already.
Management don’t care about staff wellbeing
Couldn’t enrol on cycle to work scheme until set windows in the year open.
No xmas bonus
No bonus for training other staff
Not many good staff with exp and good English language
Often numpties with no clue just got off Benefits and got an Sia easy
Ex driver
Response Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 May 2018
Got tupe with bt contact from Mitie to securitas
Management is useless they took vans from as & try to push all mitie drivers out of company
I left few weeks after start working for them & lots mitie drivers did that's same
Pros
I'm gone for them
Cons
Everything else
A Security top brand.
Security Officer/CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  europe19 May 2018
Average Security type work depending on the site you will be working. wages dont differ much from other companies. friendly colleagues some management can be hard to work with as they are closed minded not adapting to current situations.
Pros
Good looking uniform.
Cons
Pay
was ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 May 2018
I only worked their as a relief doing different stores , but seemed an okay company to work for , management where okay and so were the staff etc I was working with.
Good Company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow24 April 2018
I think securitas are good to work for my pay is on time and always right only negative thing is the pay I think we should get more we should be paid the same hourly rate as the contracted shop we work for.
Pros
good atmopshere good management
Cons
not enough pay
Poor attitude
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater19 April 2018
Worked for them for two and a half years just a bum on a seat didn't care about staff. Plymouth office management are useless never turned up for meetings
Inefficient and incompetent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  North West19 April 2018
I have been with the company 18 months and still haven't got a viable contract. The management is overstretched to the point of incompetency and tend to pay lip service to concerns. Training and compliance for the job use an extremely inefficient system which I don't consider fit for purpose.There is an expectation for staff to be 'flexible' with their hours leading to a poor work life balance and don't expect to get the correct pay monthly, but be prepared to scrutinise your monthly pay statement.
Pros
Generally a good rapport with fellow workers.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, incorrect pay and extremely poor administration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K