Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 532 reviews matching the search See all 15,350 reviews
negative
Security Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff9 April 2019
Poor management support, training and openness with all staffing levels.

Managers have no set training program for newly appointed management, or staff looking to progress.
Unsociable hours, no progression possible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth7 April 2019
Worked for the company for over 2 years. Was always short staffed. Worked far to many hours for rubbish pay. And you didnt have the opportunity to progress.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Awful pay, long hours
Dreadful avoid at all costs seriously.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge7 April 2019
Management is a complete joke. Would of given no star if I could I've never worked for such a miserable bunch as I have. They the management were so unprofessional and should never be in the position that they are there to do. Literally this is a case of bigger the company the harder you fall. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy let alone recommend a friend. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Poor pay, no one turns up to relieve you, not always but most of the time.
Great team, friendly working atmosphere
Aviation site supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broughton1 April 2019
Promoted to supervisor after just over a year so development and progression is there if you earn it. Highly competitive salary, good days out weigh the bad days.
fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 April 2019
DMAT accounts are open for trading/ in share market, so each and every cost incurred is added to the cost . Hdfc charges around 800 Rs. as annual charges and the brokerage charged is very high they are charging .50% for delivery and .05% for intraday trading . If a trader doing derivative trading will have to pay very high charges

but on the other hand Mobile application and the website is very advanced: If you talk about website it is the easiest and advanced to operate . charts / sector divisions / research call are far ahead from other websites providing same services
Great work place
Security receptionist (Current Employee) –  Russell Square Station1 April 2019
Good company to work for.. gained alot and the pay is very good also.
Meet new people chance to move up.location of your choosing. They give you your suite you get your size everything would recommend to anyone with SIA badge.
Great working environment and kind colleges.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  London West ham street29 March 2019
I work as a security officer at M&S. I have acquired new skills and knowledge such as improving my confidence and bravery which i have realised has had a great effect on my life. I love my work place as it is quite challenging but I like gaining new experiences so i would like to join a corporate job.
Pros
The staff an customers are friendly and kind.
Cons
The aggressiveness of some customers
Securitas
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 March 2019
Having worked for Securitas as both Theft prevention in Woolworths and static guarding in and around the Sheffield area, I can say without a doubt they are one of the better if not the best security company currently in business today
Pros
Excellent managers and payroll system
Cons
uniform was a little dated when I worked for them
Oppressive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 March 2019
Poor management lack of experience no care really they can talk the talk but not walk the walk . If you don’t mind being ignored and involved it’s ok just a job . Low staff moral and they wonder why but this was under a contract for another company very badly managed and not adequately supported or any where for breaks very dissatisfied and disappointed.
Pros
Wage ok
Cons
Long hours static
Worst Company to work for currently
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  East Midlands22 March 2019
Worst management so far don't expect to have holidays as the company is massively under staffed no support given. At all threats to take money of you and to lose your job if you try calling in sick if your not an will to work everyday then you get can expect to get the end of the stick with you know what on. If your relief you will be expected to either patrol or stand in one spot for your whole shift some site you don't get your full breaks and if you bring any issues up you will be basically told to shut up or get out. Avoid at all costs at this current time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, really bad management, unfair treatment unless your willing to give up your personal life
Management and senior management are clowns
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire19 March 2019
Worst company i have worked for in my 12+ years as working as a security officer. They treat you like dirt, ignore you when you need help or support. Constantly gave me a hard time paid me late ignored my complaints and then the senior manager rings me to give me grief!
Pros
Hardly any
Cons
Long hours, poor management, poorly run
Plymouth
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon18 March 2019
Super little job, with a fantastic on the ground team, unfortunately under management are held back by a team of senior management who’s intentions are good but wholeheartedly lack experience and skill for the role.

Following repeated feed back from the feet on the ground, senior management continue to move forward blindly.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Senior management
Not the best company to work for.
Security Aviation Officer (Current Employee) –  England14 March 2019
This is a job which doesn't require much thought or skill once you have achieved the relevant level. There are bursts of work and can be a lot of waiting around.When flights come in you do your job.

Management leaves a lot to be desired. i have witnessed and experienced low level management bullying and extreme lacks of communication. I have raised concerns within procedure and been dismissed.

Do not expect to get overtime payments as extra work is carried out at normal time. You are required to be extremely flexible.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me are the passengers and rapport you can build with frequent friendly flyers
Pros
Cons
Constantly changing hours without notice. Extremely poor management communication skills
good employer
Team leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 March 2019
1. Part of a mobile patrol team a typical shift started with allocating jobs to team
2. Driving to sites as per schedule
3. inspecting sites and locking
4. taking intruder alarm call-out from Central Control
5. writing reports
6. a local management structure
7. thin resources made it very difficulty to cover the geographical area
securitas Uae llc.
Security Officer/CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  fedex express7 March 2019
securitas is great place to work where all security condidates are qualified and well trained by there respective training organisation and post are five star hotels, airports, bank and provides the attractive salary
Pros
in hotels we get free lunches and dinner
Cons
12 hours maximum
Productive and good working conditions
Training and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire25 February 2019
A typical day for myself will include reviewing current staff roles and what can be changed as per working knowledge, review previous weeks tasks, regular contact with the different partners and arranging training for staff on new products/systems. having worked for the company for 12 years i have found the the core management are very well liked. the hardest part of the job is time, sometimes not enough of
Pros
Flexible working times
Cons
Pay Scales
Awful 'management'
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Unfortunatally22 February 2019
Just a total dreadful place to work, whether static guarding, mobile or the old CIT unit.
Management HATE all the workers.
No support AT ALL as no one cares, believe me i've been there.
HR don't want anyone calling them so you'll get abuse if you do ask for help.
As for help, well i've resigned from this joke place as i've had no help or support AT ALL and i HATE every one of them.
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Don't try your best, they'll just hate you anyway!
Review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Scotland21 February 2019
Tuped over to Securitas from another company and it was a massive mistake! Worked as a security officer, had poor communications from management. Understaffed and guards had to take on too many extra shifts working weeks at a time with no time off.
Home time best time of the day
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Midlands13 February 2019
securitas, wages are low,difficalt to replace uniform when required, worked in management position ,had no support while i was training
your face as to fit to progress
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poorley paid
International management very good, UK management let them down
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  South East11 February 2019
enjoyed working for securitas as they had sites and jobs all over the UK. some sites were very close to my home and some were about 1 hour drive.
awesome
very awesome.
I don't have much to say but securitas is a good place to work that's if you get in after the interview process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

53.6K