Securitas Employee Reviews

good wage
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire4 January 2018
you get to travel around alot earning a good wage and you get to work on different sites in your area problem is they never gave me much notice before they moved me around
Pros
good wages
Cons
need a driving license
A long way to go..
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2018
OK company to work for until you run into any difficulty. HR support is non existent, if anything they make the matter worse.

If you're lucky, you get a decent line manager however the company make so many management changes that you hardly finish a year with the same manager that you've started with. It's actually a running joke among long term clients.

Too many knee jerk decisions which affect thousands of employees that are rarely followed through.

Pay is below average and progression is based on how close you are to the MD.

If you can sell yourself rather than do a decent job, you'll do well here.
Its ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South West3 January 2018
You go to work, you go home you get paid every month. I didn't have any issues really with this company but there was nothing keeping me there. Work for pay nothing special, as expected. I would recommend them for an easy life
Pros
World wide
Cons
fast paced and team work
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham and all surrounding areas.29 December 2017
Walking shop floor and monitoring cameras. Not every store is the same so don't think the same thing will happen the same. Is having noone to back you up. Knowing that you have saved the store money and also knowing you am protecting the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Missing last bus home cause of late nights.
Productive and Responsive
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Feltham, Greater London17 December 2017
Great honest people to work with, everyday is different and loads if energy is needed, hardest part is working nights and driving all night, enjoyable part is the excitement of spontaneous callouts
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 December 2017
Overall a good company known world wide contracts are good management are not so bad,they get the job done, but the usual long hours, limited time off
Pros
security
Cons
long hours poor pay
Awful, just awful.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool12 December 2017
Enjoyed my job for over 4 years, then Tuped to securitas. After 2 months still hadn’t vetted any of the lads and were bombarding us with emails. Lost photocopies of all my documents (passport, bank info, drivers license). Send snotty one line emails to site. Didn’t honour booked holidays. Messed up the first payday and took over 2 weeks to sort my wages. Didn’t even acknowledge my 2 week notice.

Will never work for them again. They basically ruined a 4.5 year job in 2 months.
Pros
I don’t work for them any more.
Cons
Everything.
Good management, low wages
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff7 December 2017
The team is good, everyone knows what they have to do, good management but the level of wage is very low comparing to others companies.
Need to do a lot of extra duties, as health and safety checks and long hours shifts.
Pros
Cons
Low wage
A great environment to work in
Event Safety Steward (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
Being part of Securitas has really taught me about teamwork, and given me great experience in stewarding. My fellow colleagues are excellent people to work with and the environment is very good.
Excellent
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucestershire25 November 2017
I have worked for this company for around 4 years and in that time i have been supported by all of my management team and paid well. If youre not scared of 12 hour shifts for decent pay then this is the company to work for. Varied security roles, crime scene work and Fire fighting contingency if which i do as well which the pay could not get any better.

Work for the world number 1 security company.
Pros
Variety and pay
Cons
None i see.
Busy work place and no breaks in 12 hr shifts
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester16 November 2017
The worse security company iv ever worked for I worked ad security officer in gate house
For 1 year 5 mth and in this time I was just treated like a robot I wa's never covered in 12 hr to have a break on this busy site it was non stop he'll all day never get 1 min to switch off .....and you are unable to use toilet in peace as you suffer abuse and bulling .and your local management don't do nothing to make working site better their attitude is if you don't like it don't work here your just a number so I'm now happy as I decided to leave this company
Pros
None at all
Cons
Long hrs 60 per week 12 hr days no breaks all day
Long hours, rubbish pay and the management is a joke.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth10 November 2017
Working 12 hours a day, only get 1 weekend off every 3 weeks. Lowest paid and the management is a joke. Will do anything to stab you in the back. The quicker im out the better.
Pros
Nothing good to say
Cons
Pay is rubbish. Long hours. Management is a joke
Great to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey9 November 2017
Good company to work for , good working environment . Career progression for the right candidates. A strong belief in team ethics.

Long working hours though to complete the work loads that are expected of you in this industry.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Nil
Cctv
CCTV OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes8 November 2017
Work 12 hours a day 4 On 4 Off.

Job is ok, Company is ok to work for as long as you work hard.

Typically start work at 6am, have an hour break split throughout the whole shift, People I work with are ok, Management don't really have anything to do with the staff.

Hardest part of the Job is the early mornings.
Pros
Cons
Changed hours and shifts
Good, flexable but no good for progression into other roles
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 November 2017
Brilliant for flexible hours, HR is very good at dealing with issues and complaints from staff. however, there's a lot of favouritism and progressive roles are more likely to be given to 'friends' rather than the more experienced staff who have been working for the company for many years.
Pros
flexable working hours
Cons
no progression and favouritism
Enjoyable at times
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire and Bradford West Yorkshire4 November 2017
Was doing retail security for a yr with securitas prior to asking for a move to corporate security i did struggle with retail security thats why i requested a transfer
Reliability
Facilities Assistant Team (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon4 November 2017
SECURITAS IS A Good company with good and supportive management to staff mem.ers however more training could be provided for employees to improve them selves,
Pros
Free coffee
mobile patrol
Mobile Supervisor (Former Employee) –  midlleton1 November 2017
checking site, filling daily book and responding to alarm, locking and unlocking. maintaining a professional manned with staff on different site. corresponding between the company and the client.
Can be good
Works protection officer (Former Employee) –  Swansea19 October 2017
The company are excellent employers, however the fellow staff are total bullies, especially those higher in rank. Workplace is filthy and never cleaned properly. If you like being pushed around and orders barked at you, then this is the job for you. The majority are ex servicemen who think there still in the forces, they need to chill and get a life.
Pros
If your ex military, you will go far
Cons
thugs and bullies
Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear17 October 2017
Love working for securitas good hours and good rates the management are great to work for I've been with them for seven years and never had one problem with pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9