Securitas Employee Reviews

Found 408 reviews matching the search See all 9,612 reviews
Very ethically operated
Control Room Operator /Security Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kent15 November 2018
A viable Professionally run Organisation with proven ability to meeting Client's need. Takes staff matters very seriously with a view to ensuring good performances.
Pros
Equal opportunity for all.
Cons
Too strict on holiday management.
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 November 2018
Pay is above minimum wage
Work/life balance isnt great being security
Never messes up pay
Management is quite good
Good support with issues
Good employee benefits
Waste of Time - Cardiff / Newport / Valleys areas
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miscellaneous4 November 2018
Done favours for this company with no favours coming back. Management telling lies. The roster person wasnt likeable and his job was to mess people about.
There is no respect shown by the management and pay is very low.
If you drive, you are sent to far away areas whilst security guards that cant drive are given local positions.
Leave often cancelled just to show authority.
The Cardiff Newport Valleys management are not nice at all.
Majority of shifts unsocial hours.
AVOID at all costs.
Pros
Wage coming in
Cons
Low pay, unsocial hours, bad management, Liers
Just a mere workhorse
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire31 October 2018
You work there without proper training if any. Just harassment bullying and intimidation. I got there 4 on 4 shift. Manager changed shift in that same month to 5 days 1day off 6 days in type of rota. I was sleep walking literally due to exhaustion. People comes and leave due to the site manager. Complained about issue to HR and so but it only changed a bit. Aircon was left blowing with password enabled. Heaters hidden and locked we were frozen like chicken that we had major flu for weeks. No microwave to even heat food nor fridge to keep food. Just plain useless network of managers in securitas. Always desperate for that site that they offered several times 16.50 per hour but knowing what will meet me I refused. Some site in Stratford upon Avon.
Pros
You get to meet positive guys working for client who gives you tip to move to next level
Cons
Long hrs, harrasment, bully, gossiping, timid employees that can't stick together, too many to mention
Rot.
SO (Former Employee) –  North East14 October 2018
Good God. The bullying never stops. The lying never stops. All about the client and their needs. Companies with this ethos shouldn't exist in the UK in 2018. The likes of these have brought security work into UTTER disrepute. If they're not dangling carrot's, then they're stripping you of hours.. Regardless of contract. The management have an us and them ethos. Management lose contracts hand over fist and have a blame culture obfuscating what, when, how but NEVER them. I hope they fold.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You have no life or will to live
Words cannot express how bad.
Bottom on a seat (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire7 October 2018
Do you want to be treated like an non human? Not worth of life? Come on down!

Worked for this utter shower for a good few years until I woke up and seen life in a different way. Managers that condone bullying and do nothing about it, bottom on a seat is what you are and all you ever will be.
Pros
Leaving.
Cons
Full of them.
Previous employee
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness1 October 2018
Worked for this company for nearly a year,management were a joke no "proper" training given and expected to cover things not qualified to do,it was a joke and hrs were very irregular average hrs are only 25/30 hrs a week then had to chase line manager to even get that
Most sites you work on are only £8 to £8.20
Holidays refused often
Swap your shifts from one day to the next without informing you
Stay clear unless you like been messed about
Pros
Finishing time
Cons
To many to list
what learnt from management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 September 2018
i learnt about the skills of security of the building and safety of general public
i enjoyed working in the front of house under the management
like to meet and greet people from all walks of like
Poor
Static Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull12 September 2018
I have been working for Securitas for 8 months now and I was told I would be given a permanent contract once the 3 month probationary period was over 5 months later and I have been told hang in there it is coming more times then I can recall. the pay is okay but the hours are lousy I was told when I started that there was plenty of work but when it came down to it I have been struggling to keep a steady paycheck due to the fluctuation of hours therefor it has been very difficult to manage.
the only redeeming quality I can find is that there are some decent staff that work for them but as for management poor at best.
Pros
holiday days are worked out based on your contract
Cons
poor management, false promises, no room for advancement and lack of understanding
fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire27 August 2018
moved around from site to site as a relief officer and enjoyed the work and was relaxing and fun.
I tend to work night shift only and I enjoyed working late nights at the sites I was sent to.
Not Bad
Mobile Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon24 August 2018
The job is great I just don't like the way it is being run at the moment. Also chances of progression are very far and few between. Plus the salary is hard to survive on.
Bully culture
Fire (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria24 August 2018
The company has no idea whats it's "core values" stand for. The management is sneaky and lies all the time. A bully culture is rife within the barrow site and if your face dosen't fit your going nowhere within the company, not that theres very far you can go.

The pay is good for a standard security job but rubbish considering your on a nuclear site, were even the Bae cleaners get more money than you.

On this site you are at the bottom of the pecking order and are treated as such. You are given no respect or support from eather company and are seen as a bum on a seat and meet a legal requirement, nothing more.

Securitas is seen as unprofessional and a bit of a standing joke on the site but i'm guessing there cheap that's why there still here.

If your looking for a long fulfilling and rewarding career in the security industry with good promotion prospects and a job you can be proud of then this is not the job for you.

If however your not intrested in climbing the ladder, don't care about a career you just need to pay the bills and don't mind the BS, long hours, lack of support and have the abillity to put a knife or two out of your back every now and again then hey welcome to groundhog day.
Pros
I'm sure theres one somewhere.
Great job, rubbish management
AVIATION SECURITY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire23 August 2018
Loved working for securitas at doncaster sheffield airport, but the management was shocking. fun job great colleagues just a shame the management was so poor.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
no social life, rubbish management
Very nice company to work for.
Transport Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central20 August 2018
Securitas is one of my nicer Security Company I have worked for, as long as you did your job to the best of you ability they seemed to leave you to it, which I did all the time, work to the best of my ability, always paid on time and very good working conditions, with very good supervision. Always keeping in touch with there staff.
Ok.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke19 August 2018
Typical day at work- Get there do your best!!!

Learnt? not much. I speak good English and have a car.
Was too useful to them as a floating officer, never stayed long at any location.

Management!! it's bums on seats at various sites, to make the contracts work. That's all they're worried about.

workplace culture- Earlier with Securitas certainly, never at a site long enough to find out.

Hardest part- one new learning curve after another, time and time again. Very unpredictable diary, unsettling home life.

Best part- Bit of variety I suppose???
Pros
Not much really
Cons
Very unsettling knowing they think I'm too valuable as a floater ever to get a permanent site
securitas
security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham Abbey, Essex18 August 2018
the area manager only came to site if there was trouble. the company employed bums on seats ,people who didn't care about the job they were supposed to be doing
Pros
good shift pattern
Cons
employed people not suitable for the role
Good Experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth16 August 2018
Pays if you work hard 6-7 days a week
Needs to be nearer home an less travel no leisure family time cannot progresses because relief Officers are more usefull Facilities are scarce
Pros
Some travel expenses
Cons
Too far from home an not scheduled enough work router keeps changing last minute
Poor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire14 August 2018
Some of the sites you work on ain't to bad management are poor they don't care that there's bullying going on as long as they get people on seats and treat you poor and you can never have a day off with out them phoneing
Pros
Non
Cons
No social life
Job rewarding
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes11 August 2018
Good company to work for. Job satisfaction working on different sites
making sure security is met to clients needs and ensuring the health and safety of personnel and property.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
longhours
Sometimes is boring sometimes is a hardworking job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 August 2018
Being a security in the retail sector that's mean you are working in the daytime, sometimes 12 hours. Management doesn't give you so much support if you need it.
Pros
Work at the daytime
Cons
Standing long hours at the store's door

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K