Securitas Security Services USA, Inc

Securitas Security Services USA, Inc Employee Reviews

great management decent pay and hours
security officer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 March 2018
working for securitas is laid back and fun as far as work goes and there a great company to support you through illness and time off with great company benefits also
Stressful and pressurised workplace
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Porton Down11 March 2018
Management not very experienced or have little or no contact with staff. Very little contact and when problems, a typical impersonal large organisation attitude.
working with Securitas
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2018
I wasn't with Securitas for long , all I can say is that whilst I was employed with them I felt I wasn't needed and wasn't getting any help from the management

I found working in retail was very challenging and I was unable to fit in with what the company was asking of me
Pros
the site positions where good
Cons
no respect
Customer Care Officer (Former Employee) –  London9 February 2018
Worked at different offices.Most of which were ok. The management were alright. The other colleagues were very pleasant to work with. The company were approachable but not very helpful.
Productive environment
Campus Senior Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire1 January 2018
Good support from local branch and teams. opportunities for advancement. Staff training is provided. Salaries and hourly rates are competitive.........
Pros
good support
Cons
At times poorly ran,with no regard for staff or their welfare
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 December 2017
I was employed as a building Manager, through Securitas for Knight Frank in Manchester I personally found working with Securitas management very hard work. Sending untrained staff to site
Pros
Pay rates varied
Cons
Lack of training
fun
lead security officer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City18 December 2017
it is a good place to work been working with securitas for 3 year now. i have leqrned to train and do inerviews hardest part of job not to progress most
Pros
good work place
excellent
Security officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 November 2017
securitas is a good security company to work with because they offer a lot of benefits to thier employees and have good rate jobs across london and uk as in general.
Pros
security personnel
Not to bad company but don't expect to get promotions
Security Team Leader/ Lead Guard (Former Employee) –  securitas UK7 September 2017
worked for this company for about 3 years into they loss the contract to another security company which actually is a worse company to work for. They were good on getting wages correct a few minor mistakes but quickly corrected. Holiday mostly honored but problems where resolved, Management was a mix and match some good others poor so i would have to say i didn't mind working for them but they could improve. The only grip was that they would offer you promotions then say they didn't have the budgets and then not give them to you. 3 times offered a managers job and then come the transfer day told there was not a budget but then a different job role was made up and someone else was promoted to-do the same job you was offered.??
holiday some times was a pain to get booked, uniform was poor quality and not very nice to wear. NO benefits which were worth taking.
workplace
Administrative /Loss prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 September 2017
a very good place to work , with a brilliant chain of command. employees interest is at heart and business excellence is a huge value to this company. work environment is excellent and regular KPI are maintained
Working in Retail
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Retail Security Officer2 August 2017
If you are patient and don't get bored easily then this job is for you. Hourly rate varies depending which shop you work at. You probably enjoy it when you first start but you probably will start feeling the boredom after a few months. Can't say that this applies to everyone, because everyone is different.
Cons
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire15 June 2017
Brilliant company to work for and management are great, pay is always right, I made a bad mistake in leaving the company because my hrs had been dropped went to another security company hated it, but back with securitas now and love it
Great team but challenging environment
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gloucester Quays, Gloucestershire7 June 2017
All round great site to work challenging and exciting. just feel i have reach my peak with the site and feel i need a new challenge. The site has taught me how to lead and manage a large team of dedicated individuals whilst working in an extremely challenging environment.
Pros
free parking
Cons
stressfull environment, long hours
Dont know how to organise a pissup in pub !!!
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Southeast18 May 2017
Management is corrupt all the way from Guards all the way up to regional managers. Hr are a joke. Pay is on time same time monthly.
Sometimes pay is incorrect and can screw you up badly. Mobile response is not what is advertised. Short cuts are made. Full patrols in large buildings take 5-6 minutes. Alarm activation are dealt with by entering building and resetting alarm panel and leaving. you are blamed for everything under the sun.
Pros
Wages are paid on time every month
Cons
no career prospects.
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Jobcentres28 February 2017
Securitas are very understanding company to work for ,I did many different jobs with them over the 7 years I was with them ,all I can say is I work work for them again a blink of a eye
Pros
Family firm
security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough NN828 February 2017
retail security (Act as a visual deterrent; displaying excellent customer service skills; Patrol the shop floor ; providing a safe and secure environment for staff and customers. Protect stock against theft and damage; responding to client emergencies; Liaise with the police and local crime reduction agencies; providing reports as necessary)
very professional
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire25 February 2017
a very professional environment where they teach you about discipline and responsibility.
lot of training are given in order to make you better in what you do
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2017
I worked for Securitas for more than a decade whilst I was studying and in between jobs. Securitas management were very accommodating and found positions suitable to my skills set.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Productive ,Customer service face-to face role
Security Officer Retail (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 February 2017
A typical day at work is Customer service essentials , ensuring safety of the premises ,to create solutions for your clients issues .
I've learned that the Customer is always right and that you listen to what the Customer has to say. You have to prove to management that you can follow -up on the duties required.
The hardest part of my job is to handle aggressive Customers .You learn how to humour them ,let them no that they're not in the wrong and that you agree with them.
Pros
Early shifts
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  securitas uk29 January 2017
fun place to work something different everytime you apply . the work is not very demanding but is exciting at the same time. you have to be vigilant and attentive
Pros
free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.