SECOM Plc

SECOM Plc Employee Reviews

Worst company I ever worked in my 9 year career. Won't let you do you assigned work. It take ages to get even a system user name and password; that too in email. Had to wait for hours in client site to get urgent technical support. No technical support if stuck at job. Better don't work with Secom or risk your own self confidence and good will.
Cons
No support from technical team. Its a real nightmare.
I had just over 2 very good years learning about electronic security from an excellent Regional Sales Manager. Was allowed to flourish on my own to begin with then upper management decided to turn the screw on the sales team. Hence why I decided to leave.
very poor the credit control aspect good but too many chiefs to tell u what to do. parking is also a problem. To many people telling u what to do. and also if u are 2 mins late they will ask u to take it out of lunch break etc
One of the worst place I ever worked at. The managers pick and choose between the staff members, alot of favoritism. Blame culture, managers talking bad about staff members front of others like its normal. If you don't fit in they will make you feel horrible and insult you front of other staff members. E.g. if you do exactly what their favourite staff members have done you'll be told off.
However set up to fall due to , sales back up , 6 months is not enough time to get large jobs via facility companies though to hit sales target. Small an average sales orders due to pricing in the market place on medium to high level , so as I said over set up to fail.
Stay away at all cost. Management have no idea on what to do. They never tell you what is exspected of you untill its to late and there pulling you in for disciplinary. So unorganised is surreal.no progression. If anyone did they were sacked within a month or two. Just poor theough out the company
Pros
Cons
Wages. Hours. Management. Daily work.
anything can happen during the day, watching different shops. working 4 days on and 4 days off. sometime there is over time not all the time. 12 hours shift.
Honestly never had such a boring slow-paced job in my life, absolutely mind-numbing. The staff are friendly enough to be able to work with them but that is it. A lot of staff unhappy in the role but only speak amongst each other about how they feel underpaid and the company is understaffed, when I was working there at least 5 members of staff left within a month, myself included ( this is old and new staff leaving.) Correct training isn't given yet they expect you to be perfect at the job. I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone unless they enjoy boring office work and random bursts of overwhelming calls an alarms.
Pros
Its quiet. Staff often offer to make you a tea or coffee.
Cons
Long hours of nothing then burst of overwhelming work which isnt staffed enough.
The engineers I worked with were great, however, In 2016 the wage for install was only 20k and 22k for service. Working over 65 hours pw on a regular basis and driving far too many miles for it to be safe.Working on big sites, doing install by yourself.If equipment provided such as a laptop and mobile phone is damaged, you pay for it out of your wages. Same for vehicle damage up to a point. Best avoided.
I have been at Secom for just over a year and I have found it a busy and interesting place to work. Working in the control room on 4 shifts on and 4 off means I have plenty of rest days. My salary whilst not the highest hasn't stopped me earning just over £32k in the last 12 months, which I have earned from a combination of salary, bonuses, overtime and rewards. There are plenty of promotion opportunities for those that work hard and are keen to progress. in the last year I have counted 10 team members just like me who have been promoted, so that is next on my personal aims. I also receive a pension, health care which is optional, death in service and I started with 20 shifts annual leave which will build up to 25 over the next 5 years, this gives me over 200 rest days a year. The work can be challenging, they are 12 hour shifts with regular breaks throughout the shifts. my colleagues are generally very positive. the ones who are not tend to expect everything to be given to them without putting in the effort. I would certainly recommend working at Secom to anyone willing to work hard and put in the effort. Plenty of earning potential, good benefits and promotion potential. I find the management fair, supportive and open to suggestions.
11 February 2020
Thank you for such an informative review of what it is like working in SECOM's Control and Command Centre.
A challenging job with it's benefits! Great staff to work with. The management was great! Opportunity to grow. So many areas to branch of and relocate.
I have worked here for many years; it really is a great place to work and great people to work with. There are plenty of opportunities and lots room for career growth; during my time I have progressed from being an office junior to running my own department. I work with an amazing team who are like family! The atmosphere is fantastic, everyone is always so happy and positive. We participate in many charity events raising money for lots of great causes. I feel like a valued employee and not “just a number”, I have always felt appreciated and supported throughout my time here by my colleagues and management on all levels.
Having previously worked in Sales for various competitors, I jumped at the chance to join SECOM when approached by an Agency. There is a strong culture of teamwork and we have some fantastic, hardworking and dedicated people. Don't take any notice of the moaners on here as they tend to be the ones who employ work avoidance tactics. The vast majority of people care deeply about the company and its customers. If you work in Security sales, then I can't recommend SECOM highly enough!!
Worse company I've ever worked for.. trying to get out at the moment.. 18k pay with no chance of pay rise or opportunity to progress. Do one bad thing the whole management team is up your butt. Do something that helps the company.. no praise.. useless management.. long unsocialable hours.. the way they advertise this job is lies. You will never earn 23k.. hilarious.. there is people that have been in the company 10 plus years and still on 18k.. company is full of lies and hope.
11 February 2020
I am sorry to hear that you felt this way. Just to clarify that the salary is based on working 185 days a year and after annual leave is taken, drops down to 160 to 165 days a year depending on length of service. There is also the opportunity to earn an additional £5.5k per year in bonuses by simply doing the job you are employed to do. Added to this there is a pension, a health scheme, paid sick leave and death in service provided. We have a demonstrable promotion policy and over the past 12 months the vast majority of new positions have been filled internally with more than 10% promoted and will be promoting more staff over the coming 6 months. Progression and promotion is the reward for those who show a positive, enthusiastic work ethic and a determined desire to progress by doing the job they are employed to do to a high standard. The shift times and length are fully explained at all interviews and the shifts are no different to other 24/7 operations. The job is not only advertised correctly it is also fully covered at the interview stage.
Secom is a nice place to work, the office staff are friendly and are as if it is just a big family, everyone looks after each other. Management are understanding and try to work with you to improve your way of working to further your customer service skills. They also regularly treat us and buy us food as a thank you for our hard work. It can get very stressful and frustrating at times due to low resource - engineer wise - however there is a lot of support in and around the office to help get through that. Sometimes the atmosphere can get a bit low in the office which can sometimes get to me, however there are a lot of changes being put in place throughout the company, and as a whole it has definitely come a long way since the start of my employment here. The only criticisms I have is that the pay could be better, and there isn't much room for progression within the office.
Walking around empty buildings on a night by your self with no lone working device no one to check on you if something thing happens on premises whilst your injured or unconscious they will find you in morning never worked with so selfish people in my life management only nice to you if you do as your told the minute something happens they turn on you and show you their real colours
Cons
Worked for Secom for 10 years and saw over 40 people leave my branch. Over worked and no training . Poorly skilled engineers only left now as all the good ones have left .
Always going to be a secure job but very little respect from management. Not a bad company to work for but no real impression from management that you are worth anything.
Secom is a great place to work friendly staff and management with a really good environment. Management are helpful and friendly I have learnt so much about alarm systems that we deal with. I find the only hard part of my job is making sure all the calls are passed out to the correct planners for the areas and attended to in the right amount of time the best part of the job is getting to speak to all our customers and helping get all there system back to good working condition.
Pros
friendly working enviroment
Cons
pay low and has moments of stress due to low staff
Secom is a very happy and friendly environment which makes getting up in the morning easier knowing I am coming to a positive ambience. It is laid back and easy going for example you can make teas,coffees and go to toilet when you please which I think is a bonus as I have worked for company where you don't always have that freedom. The management are helpful and will always go above and beyond to cater for your needs in the Leeds office. The only negative I have is as the role of a Call Handler we have to work 1 in 6 Saturdays.
Pros
Free tea and coffee. Great staff, Close to my home.
Cons
Wage
After my time at Secom i have grown into a confident individual who feels they can adapt to any task given; this is due to the vibrant and professional work environment of Secom. Many different characters in and around the office with different personalities making Secom a very contrast work space. Would definitely recommend Secom as a great work place and somewhere to belong and strive to be the best.
Pros
Positive work Environment.
Cons
Salary
5 June 2019
Great to hear you are enjoying your role and are personally growing.