Seasalt Cornwall Employee Reviews

Family feel work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester21 July 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Seasalt. The management was phenomenal and always very accommodating in regards to my study time, it felt like one big family.
awful pay, awful management, awful HR
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Canterbury20 July 2019
required to wear sea salt from head to toe yet only get given an extremely low uniform allowance compared to the price of the clothing. made to work ridiculous shift patterns. the management are bullies and make the assistants work so hard. minimum wage job yet required to work as though there is commission. THE WORST PLACE TO WORK.
25 July 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your time spent working for Seasalt but we’re sorry to hear that the role wasn’t perfect for you.
Working in a retail environment can be physically tiring sometimes and does involve shift work (which we discuss at interview), but we’d always hope that our team members find the role rewarding when they’ve been able to help or establish a rapport with one of our wonderful customers.
You mentioned our uniform allowance. Every team member gets a selection of items from each monthly collection to wear in store. We think that’s much better than having a standard single uniform and allows our team members to demonstrate individuality and flair with their outfits!
Our pay is commensurate with experience and we offer multiple opportunities for employees to progress within the company if they choose to take this path. We also offer lots of other benefits including a generous staff discount as well as leisure and volunteering opportunities.
Thank you again for your review.

don't bother
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 May 2019
Had a job at seasalt while I was at uni. I was on a 12 hour contract because I was a full time student, but was constantly expected to do more hours. My manager would expect me to be standing at the store front organising clothes, while still being able to smile and greet every single customer even if I had my back to them. Also, for some reason anyone working at my store was forbidden from standing behind the till - this makes no sense! If I am a customer in a shop and noone is behind the till I am highly disincentivized to buy anything! I was expected to put far more time and energy into the job than I signed up for.
Pros
Cons
everything
14 May 2019

Thank you for leaving a review after your recent employment with us in the Oxford store whilst you were a student. I’m sorry to learn your experience with us wasn’t to your expectation. It’s important for us to maintain an exceptional level of service to our customers, so being readily available to help those shopping or browsing in store rather than occupying a till which isn’t in use is invaluable and we have had some lovely feedback from customers about this service. Shop floors are a busy environment and the need to multi task and prioritise is essential. I’m sorry you feel this role took more time and energy than you expected, we always try and make our job descriptions and interview processes as informative and accurate as possible. Your feedback has been passed on to the appropriate team as we are continually trying to improve all aspects of our service, including to our staff members. Thank you again for your review and I wish you well for your future employment.

Tim Gabriel
Deputy Manager Customer Services

Great team and Excellent Development
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford5 February 2019
Working for Seasalt for 15 months, I can honestly say changed my life. I was helped and developed to improve areas such as people management, delegation, and administration tasks, as well as customer service.

The team I worked with really felt like family, and working in an environment where I enjoyed going to work each day made such a massive difference.

I was given early responsibility which helped my own self-confidence and development. I was trusted and relied upon which enabled me to have even more pride in my work.

No two days were the same, one day I could be helping organise the warehouse, the next I could be running the shop floor and maintaining customer service standards, and the next I could be completing paperwork and filing task to ensure the smooth running of the store.
Decent place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire19 January 2019
I started off as a sales advisor and within a year was pushed to a supervisor. Then the management within store started changing round and things started falling.
I wasn’t trained into my new role properly, I didn’t feel I was rewarded for the extra 20/24 hours I was working evey week to help out & then when they no longer needed me my hours were cut back to basic after everything I helped with.
Liked the team I worked with and to start it was like a family! When things start going wrong however it seems things are just brushed under the carpet and they try to move on from the problems as quickly as possible, even without solving the issue properly.
I loved my job in the first couple of years but towards the end the respect and the encouragement to work up for previous staff members was lost.
I think if you’re looking for a sales advisor job this is perfect, but if you want progression and advancement in manegment, maybe re think.
Pros
Free Uniform, friendly customers.
Cons
Pay for the roles you do, no progression within store anymore.
enjoyable workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire18 December 2018
After 2 years with the company, the management team had a huge shift around and didn't seem to want to progress existing, already trained staff but employ new, unqualified agency.
Great company if your not looking to go anywhere!
Pros
generous management salary
Cons
company dont seem to care about staff progression!
Not good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire4 December 2018
I began with the company having not done retail for 10 years and only volunteering,I wasn't used to the tills and what was on them,I was promised training but never got it...!
I was given tasks just before going home and was expected to finish them..!(with no help)
There were staff who where taking liberties with the uniform stock taking home more clothes than entitled to but never were disciplined for it..!
There was favouritism within the staff group and therefore were allowed to do whatever they wanted....!
I left and wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.....!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free clothes
Cons
Plenty.
13 December 2018

Thank you for your review.
At Seasalt our employee welfare, training and support is paramount and we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t feel that this support was available to you.
We do have a robust forum for employees to report any concerns and we hope that you would have taken the opportunity to do so whist you were employed with us.

Fun and Rewarding Company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester25 February 2017
I had a great experience with Seasalt as a Customer Service Advisor.
I worked with a lovely team and found colleagues from all stores and higher management to always be friendly, helpful and supportive.
It was tricky at times to negotiate my hours and maintain a consistent working week.
The customers of seasalt were often friendly and made my day.
My training was excellent and I learnt many skills in my first retail job.
I found the pressure to make sales sometimes exceeded my comfort level.
I enjoyed the visual merchandising duties that were later handed to me, however would have liked more reward for my potential in creative advancement for the company. As a budding print designer and textile student, having worked part-time for seasalt throughout my degree, I was disappointed to be turned down for an internship with the design team in cornwall.
Overall, however, my experience was hugely positive and rewarding. Seasalt are a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
Friendly, supportive, great training, lovely customers, free uniforms, Christmas parties, recognition for hard work
Cons
Unreliable hours, difiicult to progress at times, high-pressure sales, minimum wage (as sales assistant)
Great for flexible employees.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlborough6 July 2016
I was always able to pick up extra shifts when I needed the money. The atmosphere was very pleasant and everyone got on like a part of a big family.
Great people and company
Senior Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Devon7 June 2016
Great company with ethics and design. Going to work is a joy because of the people and customers.

They are developing and growing so quickly that they can sometime lose sight of there product and how it relates to the customer. Also the some processes have not been updated quick enough to deal with the growing company
Pros
Great staff discount
Cons
competitive wage
Award winning design led fashion retailer
Womenswear Merchandiser / Assistant Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Falmouth14 May 2015
Seasalt is a growing award winning design led fashion retailer based in the south west of England.
Seasalt creates beautiful clothing by the sea for everyone to wear everywhere!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seasalt Cornwall. Our community is ready to answer.

Seasalt Cornwall Reviews by Location