Search Consultancy

Search Consultancy Employee Reviews

United Kingdom287 reviews
Great Agency to get temp work
Working at selected businesses does vary and have limitations in what you can do, so every day it is not a typical day. You get flexibility in how much you want to work. You don't get constant hours if you already have another permanent job, unfortunately!
The recruitment advisors are good at keeping you informed and checking what you can do.
Terrible
Do Not go here if you value your life and sanity. Boss is a W***** and looks down at you. Go in with the mentality... If ur face fits...thats all its about not the work you do.
Disgusting company
Complaints not handled correctly for a start. Just want people in and out for money. Under paid majorly. Discriminated by 2 members of search staff and The “director” after me emailing them about a matter stopped contact after i mentioned discrimination . If you want treated poorly then search is for you .
recruitment staff tell you what you want to hear.
Would not recommend a job through these bandits, you're just told what you want to hear. Absolute no support for anyone with mental health, simply just don't care.

If i could give no stars I would.
Awful
Don’t work for this company. They will have you turn up to shifts that have been cancelled and don’t have the decency to tell you. YOU WILL BE UNDERPAID AND IGNORED WHEN QUESTIONED. Rude managers, very unorganised
Pros
Easy to get shifts sometimes
Cons
Get paid incorrectly. Shifts cancelled half the time. Bad wage
ok
An ok company to work for, typically have to work 6 days if you can to earn enough.And work can be 1 or 2 shifts one week to 7 shifts another week. There are better agencies out there
Good Work
Good work, good money, not enough shifts work is very difficult to get. It took around 3 months after an interview to get my first shift and once the coronavirus got bad i haven’t had a shift in over a month.
Waste of time
They will promise to phone you back and won’t bother. Pay will have errors on one than more occasion. Rude phone manners, Rude staff . I would recommend you avoid this agency at all costs if possible and save yourself the headache.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Search Consultancy?
Managers no personal skills
Some members of upper management have no interpersonal skills. They are good at technical skills and know the jobs inside out but fail to realise that the people who do the job need to be looked after and kept happy
Great agency
Worked for search for a few months whilst my contract was being sorted out with the place search got me I really liked working for search at the call centre the staff are great would easily work for this agency again
Poor company jobs minimal
Cover worker no guarantee of long term employment. Was placed in 3 different locations and jobs lasted no more than a week. Advisors hard to get hold of if any problems
Unpaid
Started working for them and then they presented a ridiculous contract.
I refused to sign it and walked away when it was presented 3.5 days into the contract.

They now refused to pay
Pros
Cons
Unpaid
Could never recommend
Very poor experience with search working for Tesco cec. 0 job security, vast majority of people from my training left within a couple of months due to being sacked for pointless reasons or the stress and lack of support.

Search is only concerned with targets and not people and the CEC is a horrible environment to work in. Also had to deal with a horrible manager and trainers.
Pros
Free tea and coffee if you have the time to get one
Cons
Job insecurity, lack of support, rude managers, search making errors
Good
Work for this company during the commonwealth games in Glasgow. I loved this job very physical and long hours but great management, brilliant pay and even won a couple of awards
Temp Work
Constant communication of shifts available
Paid quickly and accurately

Online Training

SSSC registration

On-call service

Uniform

--------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely terrible company to work for.
Would not advise any one taking a job through the Glasgow office as they are the least organized,trustworthy or reliable set of employers I have ever worked for. The manager will mess you about constantly and is the least compassionate boss I could imagine. Worked for the company for 4 months without a single day off and was dismissed for “poor attendance” after taking 3 days off for the death of my mother. Horrible agency ran by horrible people.
They are wasting time
Typical Head Hunters for statistics. Organising Interview and induction day which should be paid and it was not. Nothing happend after that. Wasted my time.They no answear for emails.When try contact by phone always says ,,I will call you back" but They no calling back.I feel totaly ignored.
If you were considering it, avoid them and go with another agency or company.
Avoid
I work in a placement at a bank through search and it was a big mistake. All of the other employees are through other agencies or are contractors and are paid considerably more for the same job. As the role continues to grow, the contractors and colleagues through the other agencies have all received pay rises.....but not search employees. Also if you apply for other roles internally, you will still be stuck on the same hourly pay, regardless of what the role is. On top of this I haven't been paid on 5 occasions now, meaning a same day transfer so you are deducted more for their mistake. Our contact from search has been into the office less in the 18 month period we have been in placement than other agencies representatives have been in the last month.

I have noticed search are advertising this role again...if you were considering it, avoid them and go with another agency or company.
All Jobs
We shall see. Disgusting service so far, no complaints or customer service department, just a hoard of cold calling telesales staff paid wage minimum wage.
Appalling
Search have no interest in supporting you and are only concerned about getting people through the door, probably because they have targets to hit which they receive cash for. They are rude, uneducated and unprofessional people who seem strangely convinced that they are more important than they are. Never again.
search contract
I have worked for search on Clydesdale bank contract for 2 years now.
I have enjoyed my time with the company and my representative is always on hand via telephone to answer any questions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Search Consultancy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9