Search Consultancy Employee Reviews

good work enviroment
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  knutsford17 January 2019
Once I was registered I was employed with good contracts and happy with my placements and if I had any problems they were more than happy to help I worked on a few locations mainly the a556 contract
Very poor avoid at all costs!
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire14 January 2019
This company is a con and needs to be shut down. They pick their favourites and certain rules only apply to certain individuals.They were always threatning to sack me over sick days yet never threatened this or expressed the same rules for other employees.Very unfair, unproffessional and unethical standards potryed by this sham of a company.

If they don't like you for whatever reason they will do anything to fire you. Complete disregard for temp staff in particular as they only want the money they make off you and do not care about you as a person. Unfair dismissials were issued left, right and centre.

Your safety in the workplace is greatly compramised as they do not have CCTV installed in their call centres (Capita) This is a major issue as being a victim of attacks are greatly common (happened to me) and if that bouncer woman does not like you you've had it.You will have to match their disguisting and vile personaliies which is by being arrogant and spiteful.

For your own mental and physical wellbeing I cannot stress how awful this company is. DO NOT go through with them whatever you do or you'll regret it.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
16 January 2019

I'm very sorry to read your review. I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me a note to carole.swan@search.co.uk so I can follow this up with your consultant to see what might have gone wrong.
We take all issues relating to health and safety incredibly seriously, and I can assure you that the wellbeing of our temps is paramount.

Worst of the worst
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 January 2019
They pay minimum rate of pay.

Do not give any work.
If they booked me for the shift they would cancel within 5 minutes (most likely giving the shift to someone else)
Didnt pay me for my last shift at all.
Avoid by any cost
Waist of time and effort
Pros
Cons
No work, minimum pay, cancelling shift to give work to someone else
16 January 2019

Do not work for Search agency unless your desperate for work ..
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside10 January 2019
I worked for a company called TCC (Argos) full time which was a call center in Birkenhead. You get given two weeks training before you start and go live on the calls which was very poor training, you don't get told your hours until your live on the floor, basically you work just about every weekend and work various shifts 7-5,12-10,10-8 etc if you want to have a social life don't please do not apply for this job. Working for search felt like being in 'school' if your 10 minutes late or did not turn up for your shift you would get a phone call to see why you have not turned up for your shift.

The company is very unorganised, and do not value you as a member of staff, it took me nearly 2 months to get a reference of them to move on to a better job with an official contract.

The only positive is you get paid weekly.
Pros
Paid weekly, Canteen
Cons
Long hours, poor communication, poor management, unorganised
16 January 2019

Good if you keep them happy
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire8 January 2019
Was good to work,but when got my contract finished for something I never did they then never put you forward for other work even though your Cv is good enough it is as though you no longer exist and aren't good enough
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not interested in helping you
Wasn't bad
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dundee27 December 2018
Wasn't a bad place to work, given free tea and coffee during shifts and was allocated a place to smoke during breaks, the most enjoyable part of the job would be to assist customers who's orders have went wrong and correcting this for them.
Friendly and informative
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England5 December 2018
I was interviewed by Search, who immediately put me in touch with a manager at Talarmade, who interviewed me the next day and offered me a position to start the following week.
The agency kept me informed along the way and was then very friendly and responsive for any queries I had.
I was always paid on time, including holiday pay, along with being kept up to date when I was made permanent by Talarmade and the transition was extremely smooth.
It is difficult to give much detail about workplace culture, as I was immediately working for Talarmade, rather than the agency itself, but I have had no problems whatsoever and have been treated with the utmost decency throughout, and am extremely happy.
Pros
Holiday pay
16 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. At Search we take great pride over keeping our candidates informed at every stage of the process, so I'm delighted that this was your experience. Wishing you every success in your current role, and please feel free to recommend us to friends and family. We love referrals!

No communication poor pay don't work for Murray wood construction potato
Shuttering carpenter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 November 2018
I worked for murraywood construction they was very rude arrogant and could not could not organise anything on site. Is surprising they are still in business I turned up on the Friday at 6:30 to start work at 7 when I was confronted by the contracts manager saying did search not phone you last night there's no work for you today as there's no drawings so made 1 hours round trip spoke to search they just decide any knowledge of it and said will sort your wages out goodbye. Couldn't wait to get me out of phone
Pros
Cons
They're all potatoes

Fun and proffesional
Recruitment Resourcer (Current Employee) –  Sheffield22 November 2018
Nice, modern office in Sheffield city centre which is only around 7 - 10 minute walk from the train station. Great recruitment company for both clients and candidates.
16 January 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. Much appreciated!

Fun training days .brilliant colleges and management
HCW...senior carer..nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester England20 November 2018
I love search and intend to stay even in permanent employment as I get paid weekly. As I'm qualified in many fields I can get jobs easily and pick where I want to go.
Pros
Weekly pay.varied jobs.pick my shift. Long days or nights.
Cons
No sick pay. No advancements in job.Not getting the same placements.
22 November 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. Much appreciated.

Completely and utterly unprofessional.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh19 November 2018
I was contacted by a chap in the Edinburgh office who told me he had a job as an assistant furniture maker going. I was not provided any additional training for this role and had to provide my own PPE.

On day one at the placement I was told that all the joiners had been paid off and that I would be working as a warehouse assistant. I am the only member of staff at the placement company who does not have a forklift licence and I am expected somehow to be able to do the same level of work as the guys who are fully forklift trained. I was never informed that I would be working in an environment that is in such close proximity to a FLT where I could be run over at any moment.

I was initially receiving emails every week to confirm my shift patterns but this stopped after around 3 weeks. I have no stability or security in my work.

Fast forward a few weeks and I'm handed a final written warning for breaching H&S protocols that I received no training or guidance on from Search or the company I was placed with. When this was explained to the manager at the placement company he simply rolled his eyes.

When I contacted the guy at Search informing him that I was unsatisfied with the level of service I had received he basically told me that as long as I was in a placement through Search it wasn't his problem.

I can not stress enough how much you should avoid Search Industrial Edinburgh office. They are clueless and have absolutely zero respect for the people who's livelihoods they play with.

Avoid, for the sake of your health and well being.

I can not and will
  more... not ever recommend Search Industrial to anyone and I remain dubious regarding the rest of the organisation.  less
Pros
Literally none.
Cons
Poor communication, poor customer care, non existent job security, zero professional training, no consideration for health or wellbeing
21 November 2018

I'm sorry to read your review. I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me a note to carole.swan@search.co.uk so I can follow this up with the relevant consultant to see what might have gone wrong.
As a company we take the health and safety of all our Associates extremely seriously, so I'd be keen to get more detail to ensure that correct procedures are being followed.

wouldnt use them again
temp cust service advisor (Former Employee) –  student loans company18 November 2018
they screwed up my wages right at the start and only fixed it when i contacted the CEO. I was on a temp position for one of their clients and anytime i called to speak to my consultant they were never available unless i kept calling, highly unprofessional and compared to other temps I started the job with Search paid the lowest hourly rate and when challenged I was told its the salary i agreed when i was never asked or consulted on the rates, just a number on their books and no followups to see how staff are getting on,
Cons
longer hours than advertised and no payment for breaks

supplemental salary
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Merseyside17 November 2018
Excellent rep who has kept me in work during difficult times. Easy and friendly to communicate with. Always paid on time. Shifts are usually guarenteed once confirmed. Mandatory training course is offered. Accredited company for nursing positions
Pros
Reliable with work opportunities
Cons
Sometimes little work that suits me
22 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm delighted that you've had such a great experience with Search. Please feel free to share with friends and family who may be looking for a new role - we love referrals!

Good location for commuting
Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Leeds uk16 November 2018
Search got me the interview and I secured the post which has been ongoing for 5 months and should continue for a few months more.
The rate is competitive allowing me to concentrate my efforts on the job not my personal finances
21 November 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I'm delighted that Search helped you to secure your current role, and we hope that we'll be your first call when you decide it's time for your next move.

Unreliable and stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle Tyne and wear16 November 2018
Whilst working for search, I received the minimum wage and for the job role it was not enough with what I had to put up with. My team manager treat everyone like a number and had no understanding nor empathy for my health problems I suffered from whilst working there.
I had a few absences and was told I had passed probation but then later told they wouldn't transfer me anymore as I 'wasnt suitable'
I emailed search explaining my upset with the lack of response from them and the way I was treat. I received no reply.
Pros
Nice big carpark, good location
Cons
Bad management, no work morale nor benefits
22 November 2018

I'm sorry to read your review. I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me a note to carole.swan@search.co.uk so I can follow this up. Please feel free to forward on your original communication so I can investigate what has happened.

High pressure and no job security
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, uk12 November 2018
Whilst working at search I was 'forced' into the mentality that your job comes first, life comes second. Unfortunately this did not work for me so relationships/trust and job security quickly disintegrated into nothing and this left me being unemployed. My overall experience whilst working here is that the 'high flyers' are given everything and the consultants that struggle are quietly left to it and eventually dismissed.

Although not all bad I did have some fun times whilst working at search but the negatives certainly out weighed the positives.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that your experience working Search was negative and would like you to know that this is not how we expect our employees to be treated. Please can you share more details with us via reviews@search.co.uk so that we can investigate further and resolve these issues as soon as possible.

Average
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Didsbury, Greater Manchester9 November 2018
I'm currently employed as a temporary customer service assistant, and was told that it would be a 40 hour contract. But in truth when I started it was 36.25 hour contract instead.
I'm not doing the job I was hired for, more like a Administration Assistant, doing back office functions.
Pros
Subsidised cateen
Cons
Travelling!

Hi,

Thanks for leaving your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in the role that you have been hired for and feel like you have been misled. Could I ask you to send us more details of your experience so that we can look into this further and see how we can further support you. Please send details via reviews@search.co.uk

Avoid
Telehandler Operator (Former Employee) –  East Calder8 October 2018
Avoid this agency at all costs.
Phoned up multiple times to make sure my timesheet was in and all was OK. No payment on Friday. Had to fight tooth and nail and also pay £25 to be payed the same day.
They said my insurance had ran out but this was not highlighted until late on the Friday.
AVOID.
Pros
Was only working for them for a week

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your review.

We are disappointed to learn you have had a negative experience. Could we ask you to send us more details of your situation via reviews@search.co.uk so that we can look further into this matter and try and resolve the issues you have faced.

Megan @Search Consultancy

A very good company
Solar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 August 2018
you start your work from 9am.plan your day job. you interact with different customers on daily bases. the management gives you free hand to do your job, it is your responsibility to manage your time. They are very particular how you present their image when talking to customers. the hardest part is to meet your daily target. speaking to people makes the job very interesting
Pros
Good commission structure
Cons
no deal, no income
Fantastic temping agency
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 August 2018
I was on a placement through Search with a Government Agency. I can't rate the staff at Search in Glasgow highly enough.

Very friendly and helpful and even pop into the workplace to see how you are doing.

Everything was transparent and I really enjoyed my time with them.

I would certainly recommend them if you are looking for a short-term temp contract - very helpful.
Pros
Quick access to the job market with well known companies
Cons
Can't think of any
16 August 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your 5* review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with Search Consultancy.

We are pleased to know that our Glasgow office have taken very good care of you and given you the support in your career - fantastic to hear!

Megan @ Search Consultancy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Search Consultancy. Our community is ready to answer.