Search Consultancy Employee Reviews

Fantastic temping agency
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 August 2018
I was on a placement through Search with a Government Agency. I can't rate the staff at Search in Glasgow highly enough.

Very friendly and helpful and even pop into the workplace to see how you are doing.

Everything was transparent and I really enjoyed my time with them.

I would certainly recommend them if you are looking for a short-term temp contract - very helpful.
Pros
Quick access to the job market with well known companies
Cons
Can't think of any
16 August 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your 5* review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with Search Consultancy.

We are pleased to know that our Glasgow office have taken very good care of you and given you the support in your career - fantastic to hear!

Thanks,
Megan @ Search Consultancy

good place to work
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City21 July 2018
Meet lots of new and interesting people.

Lots of opportunities to advance in the workplace.

Good workable hours to suit lifestyle.

the work itself was all phone orientated so no face to face work.
26 July 2018

Thanks for leaving such a great review. We're so glad you've had such positive experiences working with us, and if there is any further support you need in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Great Service
Permanent Full Time (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire3 July 2018
I very much thank great support for my job hunting. A consultant, Wendy, has always been helpful and looking after me. I have got a job in sales as I wished. It really was a candidate-focussed recruitment service.
26 July 2018

What a wonderful review to read, thanks so much for taking the time to leave it. We'll be sure to pass the message onto Wendy who is doing such a great job!

Very helpful
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh30 June 2018
I'm very appreciative and grateful for the help the team at Search have given me with my job search. The placements they have found for me have given me more commercial experience. From experience, they have always been approachable and helpful whenever have had a question/query. Overall, they offer a very professional and candidate-focussed recruitment service.
26 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review, we're delighted that you've had such a positive experience working with us. Long may it continue!

Search
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 June 2018
I initially registered with them back in 2017 with the chance of getting work in a bank, but it wasn't to be due to my credit report, so i never heard anything from them and phoned them every so often to see what was happening but to no avail, but kept trying. Then in May i received an e-mail about a job which is ongoing in the city centre in my remit. Unfortunately it didn't last as it was too complex and when I phoned them up to ask for anything else the person that I spoke to slammed the phone down on me.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
not good service
9 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you had a negative experience temping with Search Consultancy. Please could you contact us directly on reviews@Search.co.uk as we would like to investigate the details of this further and assist you.

Very helpful
Senior Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross28 June 2018
I joined search agency as I was having trouble finding work after returning home from travelling. After a few weeks Sarah from the Dundee branch was able to get me a great long term position with excellent pay. Very happy with the communication and help if I ever need any.
Pros
Good pay, communication, holidays
26 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Sarah who has been doing such an excellent job. Please do share your experience with friends and family - we love referrals!

Different sites in building never any problem
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh24 June 2018
I worked for search for a while never any problem then fell ill and instead of going back I went with now careers but left in Dec for op and because of now I'm being investigated for fraud by the tax office but I managed to prove it wasint me it was now who are in big trouble by the police long story short go with search they won't bull you I'm hoping they have me back in six weeks
Pros
Loads of ot if you want it
Cons
Some jobs were far away but you have to expect that
Poor
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  paradise foods gateshead18 June 2018
Ive had 2 placements in the past with this company and their good at getting new registered, friendly staff,and finding your work BUT - they promise you hours and ring you up offering work then when you walk all the way to the place of walk in team valley which is a hefty walk they tehn tell you after 2 hours of waiting in te canteen to be turned down for employment, they also guarenteed my hours at full time then my hours dropped from full time to 0 hour contract within one week!!

DONT GO WITH THESE UNLESS YA WANT A CASUAL JOB CAUSE THIS COMPANY DOESNT GIVE YOU SECURITY
9 July 2018

We're really sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience. We want to do everything we can to improve your assignments with us going forward, but require a little bit more information to do so. Please don't hesitate to send a full rundown of your experience to reviews@Search.co.uk and we will forward the details of your contract to the relevant contacts at Search.

Not ideal
NONE (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City12 June 2018
I signed up to search and in my first appointment was told they had nothing suitable for me, this is very judgemental as they hadn't even asked my experience/qualifications
It seems at search in aberdeen if your face doesn't fit them you are wasting your time bothering with this agency, I have had no bother gaining work from other agency's but have never even received a call from search aberdeen
9 July 2018

We are very sorry that have had this experience. Please email us at reviews@Search.co.uk so that we can get in touch and determine how best to make this right for you.

Busy , lively office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow12 June 2018
loved my time at Search, the office was always a hive of industry, where everyone mucked in and got the job done.
The Office Manager was on hand if help was needed, but the Reception team were a skilled, well oiled machine.
Pros
Working in a vibrant industry
Cons
very early starts...sometimes
Very hard work and minimum wage
Terminal Cleaner in Gatwick Airport (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex7 June 2018
Terrible work on Gatwick airport as a Terminal Cleaner 12 hours standing on your fits walking around and cleaning .This is like you are working back to 1930
Pros
4 days off
Cons
12 hours walking around and cleanning, no free lunches, 1 hour without any payment from your brakes
9 July 2018

We're very sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience on your assignment with us. We want to make it right, but need a little bit more information to do so. Email us at reviews@Search.co.uk with the details of your grievance, and one of our consultants will be in touch to help you further.

Bad experience and bad ratings
Not important (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 May 2018
When I start work for agencies, I did my application for a couple of agencies, after talk with all of them I decided turn Search my main job... Was a big mistake... Jobs really far without any help to the petrol or car parking, because some of their costumers doesn't have car park... They doesn't care if the workers have transport or not, they doesn't care if the workers have money to paid transports/fuel/car park... In the interview they promise lots of work with good rates but the reality is totally different... I had jobs with almost 100 miles a day and when I explain about the distance "Search" just reply to me that I'm looking for "arguments" and if I don't want the job they give the job to another person... I lost opportunities in another places because I trusted in promises and rates that never happened... Days, weeks in home without work and offers with low rates and low hours a week, the best week that I had was 35 hours... I'm not recommended this agency they doesn't care about the workers... I'm feeling totally disappointed, never in my life I been in home without work, I have an amazing experience and reputation
6 July 2018

Review
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow5 April 2018
Enjoyed my time here. Really good company to work for with an enjoyable culture and a good work life balance. Highly demanding with very good benefits and bonuses.
17 April 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your experiences working at Search and we’re so pleased that you enjoyed working with us so much. Thank you again for your kind words.

Bad Working
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Alloa, Clackmannanshire15 March 2018
your treated like dirt by management, I had a serious work related accident and this company and search did not care about staff at all Health & Safety continuously breached
20 March 2018

We're really sorry to hear about your accident so please can you contact reviews@Search.co.uk with more information about your assignment so we can contact the relevant contacts at Search.

good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire14 March 2018
I enjoyed working for search, I never had any problems. Easy to get a hold of my recruitment adviser plus the job paid weekly which was a big bonus and I was kept in mind for future jobs.
Pros
weekly pay
refused to pay for a 2 weeks wage
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside6 March 2018
i advise you not to apply for this company, they refused to pay me for missing one day of the training period, and then afterwards they dismissed me from the job role... there is never any parking in their contact centre which means you will be paying over £30 a week on parking, just like i did.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
20 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you had a negative experience temping with Search Consultancy. This is clearly a concerning review, so please could you contact us directly on reviews@Search.co.uk or asktemppayroll@search.co.uk as we would like to investigate the details of this further.

robert harrison is fantastic
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  stockport21 February 2018
robert harrison is fantastic and always keeps me in the loop to what is happening sent me to some good work placements and also told me about any holiday money that was available
22 February 2018

What a great review to read. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave it, and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Rob who has been doing such an excellent job. Please do share your experience with friends and family - we love referrals!

Helpful people!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester9 February 2018
First - quick response!
Second- U have a job next day!
Third - Always happy to help!

This is my first time with this agency , but I'm so lucky that I found them, they give me a good job, more experience, I'm working with amazing clever team.

I do appreciate this and suggest Search Consultancy to anyone who looking for good job and great people around!
Pros
Breaks
16 February 2018

Thank you very much for your five star review of our services and we're pleased you were able to find a role you're enjoying through us. We hope you will consider using us again in the future either as a candidate or a client and thank you again!

Good and effective sets of choices
Office Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross8 February 2018
I thought this company was full of qualified and experienced people. I enjoyed working there. They were all very helpful and I found it okay to get some work experience there even thought the job was not permanent
Pros
Nice office based work
Cons
Early mornings
Great atmosphere, very busy, made to feel part of the team
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central7 February 2018
My day starts at 8 am, I've only been with the Company for a week so I'm training at the moment. I've been made to feel part of this small friendly team from day one.

My team colleagues and the management are all very approachable, a great sense of team work throughout the Company

I am enjoying the new challenge at the moment, and am looking forward to gaining more knowledge and a better understanding of the new role for the next couple of months
Pros
Free Parking, tea, coffee & fresh fruit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Search Consultancy. Our community is ready to answer.