ScS Employee Reviews

Good company
Drivers mate, Deliveing appliances to people (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk10 November 2019
A good company to work for very stressful and busy
Really busy in July and December but does go quite in January
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear31 October 2019
I currently work at ScS and enjoy the fast paced environment. Fab people and everyone is always happy to help. No day is ever the same. New refurbished offices.
Working there
Online Flooring Manager (Former Employee) –  HEAD OFFICE30 October 2019
They only care about their name not the customer, because they are on the stock market their stock holders would not be happy if their name is dragged through any mud.
Target driven with poor customer services
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  North East25 October 2019
Targets are very high and aftercare very poor due to lack of time and resources. Since they took the admin from the stores it has made customer service virtually impossible. It appears they don’t want customers to converse with the stores once a purchase has been made.

Overall very stressful for all employees.
High pressure sales culture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uddingston, South Lanarkshire24 October 2019
Daily morning meetings that you have to be in 30 mins before start time to attend unpaid for this, blame culture if you don't meet your targets, even if shop is quiet, managers pick and choose who they serve and make more commission and bonus that way. Grief if you don't upsell insurance or care kits no weekends off ever
Do not apply here
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear24 October 2019
Do not apply here if you want to be valued at work. There is not even any basic training provided and you are told to go straight on the phones on the first day. No health and safety advice given and not even told where the fire escapes are. No GDPR in place and advisors provide customers personal details without any security checks at all. The management are awful and talk to you like rubbish. You cant even ask a valid question without being told that it is not relevant. The head office building is a bomb site and breaks every health rule going. They also have no disabled access and no working lift - again breaking every discrimination act going. If you value yourself then do not apply here - YOU CAN DO BETTER!
Good company to work.
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dunstable15 October 2019
Good company to work. Good environment. compitetive team. Could be stressful. Dealing with issues. Good holiday given. Need to work weekends.
Bank holidays.
Worst job ever
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Grimsby/Scunthorpe14 October 2019
If you want to work every weekend,bank holiday and sometimes til midnight giving a lot of free hours to the company then this is the job for you. Don’t plan on eating your dinner in the tea room because your soon dragged out to serve customers. The days can feel long as you may not get anyone in for hours so you stand around a lot ready to pounce on the poor unsuspecting customer that you are instructed to hassle and not leave alone for them to just try the sofas out. Rubbish pay and the commission structure is strange so you don’t know if your being paid correctly 3 months after you’ve sold the sofa.. just avoid this company.

£220000 a
Absolute dump of a company...Avoid at all costs
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire9 October 2019
If you want to work in a horrible environment, with poor pay and no time to interact with colleagues,expected to input an invoice a min...FACT...go ahead! Management don't like you showing initiative. Not much staff input as so called Management seem to know best lol. Hours were 9-5 but some used to start at 8 (without pay), just to keep up with the volume of invoices. I could go on and on...but I'll leave you with that much. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Rubbish company to work for
Service technician (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom27 September 2019
Rubbish company to work for and the poor quality of the sofas are terrible.
I’m an upholsterer by trade and would advise anyone not to buy a poor quality sofa from SCS as you will be lucky if it lasts longer than 6 months before it starts to break or look like it’s 10 years old
Pros
Customers not happy with the poor quality of there sofa
Cons
Having to try and explain to customers why the quality is so poor
Furniture Technician SCD
Upholstery Furniture Technician (Current Employee) –  North West12 September 2019
I work field based fixing furniture on a daily basis. I deal with upholstery and cosmetic fixings. We are sent our work via a tablet for our jobs that day
Good Place To Work Overall
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 September 2019
ScS LTD. is a very good company to work for, allowing for flexible hours, good allocation of usable holidays, and the management team within my department is very good.
The only main concern within the company is a glaringly obvious lack of communication between the different levels of higher management within the company, this has repeatedly caused issues for myself and colleagues, having many adverse affects on the work day and stress levels.
Come with me if You want to lift.
Sofa shifter. (Former Employee) –  Elland, West Yorkshire31 August 2019
Well what can I say I started Scs in January and what an interesting job meeting different customers everyday from all walks of life, the managers were all nice people and I got the on with all the staff but the 12 hour day and the working 3 saturdays in the month finally got the better of me as I like to go to the gym after work and spend time with my wife on weekends.so I left at the end of August to do an 8 hour day and no weekends. If it would have been Monday to Friday I probably would have stayed because I like my weekends. It was very rewarding handing out trust pilots and getting reviews got you a £25 voucher which was nice. Ernie T.
Great company to work for if you want no personal life
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Somewhere near the middle of England19 August 2019
Been with the company 5 years in admin. Only reason I have stayed so long is because I get a long so well with some colleagues who I consider friends, and for some reason I kept thinking it'll get better soon.

Management is poor beyond belief. They have no consideration for the people who work there and only think about targets and bonuses. To be fair they only think of hitting targets because management above them are constantly on at them every couple of hours complaining they aren't doing well enough.

The manager I have dealt with most recently spends more time on his phone than anything else. Passes everything he should be doing down to others who pass it further down the chain until it lands with admin. Certain staff "the big bookers" get away with whatever they want, because who cares when they are making sales. Everyone looks down on admin as below them and only there to serve their needs. Lunch breaks are virtually non existent yet admin are asked to fetch lunch for management and sales.

If you do get a break expect to be called out to do finance for sales as they have better things to do like go on their lunch break or serve other customers because it's all about commission and bonuses.

If you are doing a finance and a customer does not have the correct ID you're expected to fudge it so it passes. If it fails just try them with another finance company, try the wife, sister, brother, daughter anyone just get that finance passed for the sale. Who cares about the credit ratings of people when we have figures on the books.

Do you like weekends off? Spending
  more... some time with friends, family, loved ones? Nope you work every weekend. Head office did announce the exciting news that you can have 6 weekend days off a year aside from holidays, and that's days not full weekends. But trying to get that to happen is impossible with closed weeks when no one can take holidays, or someone else is already off. Holidays are a nightmare at times as it's first come first served and they run Sunday to Saturday so if you book a holiday that starts on a Saturday be prepared to beg.

Also be prepared to stay long after the shop has shut as if a customer is in they must be buying. I can't recall the last time I was paid for staying late or getting time back. Weekends the store closes at 6 on Saturday and 5 Sunday but are expected to stay later.

Customer service dealing with complaints is poor at best. No one wants to deal with anything. Sales staff always tell customers to call and ask for them if there are issues but once they are out the door want nothing to do with them unless it's to buy more things. Customers then end up on the phone shouting at admin as nothings being done, if they come into store they are immediately directed to the admin desk.

But can you complain or raise an issue? No. Simple answer is if you don't like it you can find another job.

I feel sorry for the customers who are lied to on a daily basis as it's all about selling the dream, creating urgency. Oh we can only get that sofa in that colour if you but only if you buy today they only have a certain number left. No, just no.

I feel sorry for new starters in sales. They get no training in store, they get a couple days out at a training session and that's it. Once they come to selling in store they are last in line and get bits here and there, or are asked to change price tickets and posters and then get criticised for poor figures.

And i feel sorry for admin in all throughout the company for the treatment they get the poor pay and long hours.
Pros
Some good colleagues.
Cons
The shambles that is ScS.
Long hours 48 hours a week
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgend4 August 2019
4 x 12 hour days plus overtime all for £9.48 an hour it’s hard work and sometimes long hours they advertise this job as £26k it isn’t it’s 23k you can get 26k if your lucky the 26k is advertised with bonuses
Don’t apply if you want a life outside of work
Sofa & Carpet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire26 July 2019
Worst place I’ve ever worked, different manager every 6mths, worked here for 4yrs hit every target and still not offered progression, overall a bunch of retards
Delivery Porter, Scs Warehouse team
Sofa Carpet Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen2 July 2019
I worked here and was fun and had no problems at all, was apart of a team that was capable of running the warehouse all day everyday, deliveries come in and once we knew all the information about it we just smashed on with it and completed the task.

To work in a group and to deal with a lot of heavy lifting and dealing with customer complaints over phone communication

the hardest part of the job was most likely the heavy lifting and having to keep up the speed, because if u slow down then that means having to pile more on you when coming to the end of the day which then means u have to stay longer until the tasks are completed.
Its all about money not customers. Once they get your money then thats where there job ends.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire4 June 2019
Absolutely shocking company to work for. Once you join scs you can say goodbye to your life and expect to work alongside some horrible people. Never worked in such an unorganized childish enviroment. Management like the title but not the work.
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole job
Please Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 May 2019
Please avoid!! Never work for this company! If you don’t want a social life or family life then this is the place for you
They make you work every weekend, bank holidays,Boxing Day and Good Friday. You must work till 8pm during the week (please don’t expect to be out by 8pm) this is a very rare occasion. Big event days are every fortnight where you are forced to work till 10pm. In regards to holidays it’s first come basis, the management pick first. To be honest most of times of the year you want a holiday it’s a closed period (where you can’t take any holidays) whats the point!
No formal Training given you are literally left to deal with it all. It’s the blind leading the blind!
The management is awful, They will do anything to get their bonuses regardless of the Collateral Damage they cause. The company is full of dishonest uneducated fraudulent fools. They should be investigated by trading standards.
Pros
Nothing comes to mind
Cons
Long hours, dishonest staff, unprofessional the list continues
Very busy
Drivers Mate/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  North East15 May 2019
Working on delivery team is long hours and very busy a normal day is delivering 15 plus sofas all crammed on the van with no work space.your timed on everything you do 12/15 mins per delivery dosent matter if it's a bungalow or 20th floor flat.then back to warehouse to recycle all the rubbish yourself as all the warehouse staff finish early then you load 6/7 Van's for the next day all for minimum wage
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Long hours. Minimum wage