SCS Upholstery Employee Reviews

Disappointing reviews
Potential job applicant for Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 December 2018
Wanted to apply to work at ScS but there sheer negative experiences of former staff has cast doubt in my intentions.
I do not know whether it's worth applying.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Poor corporate culture
Bullying and unprofessional
Staff (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk29 October 2018
No proper training given, leading to further issues and unecessary conflict. Looked down upon on a daily basis especially when asking questions about work related things. This could have been solved if sufficient training had been given in the first instance. Management doesn't care about staff as everyone is replaceable. Management also gets staff to do THEIR job so they can get their bonus or they can spend more time on their phones or doing anything not work related. Management also very rude to customers when calling up about issues with their furniture or carpets. Everything was always passed down to someone in a lower ranking to deal with. Very unprofessional management, didnt care about anything as long as they were paid at the end of the day.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Insufficient training, unecessary arguments, rude management
Worst Job Ever
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester29 October 2018
Never work for this company!
I wish I never bothered taking this job, it was sold like it was a sofa with all these extras but did you get any... No you didn’t.
I was lied to about working weekends (all weekend every weekend), working 6 days a week for the two weeks of Christmas and then told about working lates.
Training was awful, once suck on something you would have to wait ages for someone to help you out. Constantly left on your own to manage desk. Pulled off your unpaid lunch break to do finance, also been trained once (whilst looking over someone’s shoulder) and saying you don’t feel confident enough to do this but manager thinks it’s ok to mess with peoples credit ratings.
Made to feel bad because you left on time to take your step daughter home!!!
Pros
Leaving work
Cons
No help, left on your own, took off your lunch whilst still eating
Room to develop always
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland3 July 2018
Arranging colleague inductions and travel to and from venues. Ensuring colleagues attend all training programmes. attendance of induction days across the country.
Very poor
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunderland Head Office11 April 2018
Unorganised procedures and processes. Unable to put forward views in meetings reference work improvements. Staff scared to speak up, and if you do Management think you're an upstart. Poor work environment - snots and poo stains on toilet walls; cold in the winter and too hot in the summer.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, ran like a sweatshop.
Horrible management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  UK4 April 2018
The branch manager doesn't pay for overtime and always lies to staff and customers. many problems have been created before I started working and i have to solve everything with pretty much no training provided. if i didn't know something manager used to tell me to call someone and find out how its been done. will never work ever again.
Cons
overtime not paid, lying managers, no training
Very Enjoyable Job with different challengers
Customer Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk2 October 2017
My day started at 06:00 and i would come into work collect my keys phone and full card and all relevant paperwork. Then would carry out a daily vehicle check and report any defaults to management and rectify them if able to before leaving the yard. My role was a driver who worked along side a porter and we would have between 10 and 20 deliveries per day delivering sofas and other occasional furniture into customers homes as well as stores.
Pros
Working a 12hr day on a 4day rota over 6 days
Cons
could be long hours
Fun to work for
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire28 August 2017
Hard working never let anybody down do overtime when asked get my job done with no issue I'm friendly have a laugh trustworthy never miss a days work do things what I'm told to do with no issues
Pros
Work 4 out of 7
Cons
12 hours a day
Polite Collegues
Office Admin assistant & Finance Writer (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 June 2017
A typical day at work would be a variety of customers looking to buy sofas. I learned that every customer is different and i would greet each and every customer as they were the first that day. Hardest part of the day was if systems were ever down. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing happy customers.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Have no respect for employees
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 April 2017
Money, money, money is all Scs & management care about as all the staff are expendable & I've never seen a company with some many positions being filled by different people in such quick intervals. No loyalty & no friends to be made working for a ruthless company.
Pros
Good earnings
Cons
No job security
great customer service
Customer Service/ Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster12 February 2016
great company. not very family orrientated when it comes to working for them. long hours. dont appriciated single parents working for them. i wouldnt again.
Well established, good company
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, ENG20 August 2015
A great company to work for where staff are the key to the company success. Supportive staff and management and the opportunity to progress where experience counts as much as time served.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Retail - Work / Life balance
Rewarding experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 August 2012
I was responsible for the cleaning of two large well known furniture stores. I was responsible for prioritising my work load and also ordering and purchasing my own cleaning materials. I am the type of person that once I start I would continue till I finish without a break. The sales reps on the showroom floor would often make me take my breaks and make me hot drinks throughout my shift. I really had job satisfaction with SCS and I would return there like a shot if they asked me to come back but alas that is yet to happen.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
there were none!