Screwfix Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ely1 March 2018
• responsible for dealing with customers directly
• Cashier skills
• enabled me to develop skills such as multitasking and time management whilst delivering excellent customer service
Branch managers are lazy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire28 February 2018
Worked at screwfix for over 6 years can be a great place to work just depends on store manager you get I was unlucky and got a lazy store manager, the general tasks are easy and won't hold out much of a challenge for anyone
Cons
Long hours and not enough staff
Very organised, good place to work.
Picker, llop driver (Former Employee) –  Stafford27 February 2018
All different jobs available, a lot of training given. Opportunity to grow.
Day to day easy tasks to do. Sometimes to heavy lifting. Nice and tidy place.
avoid at all costs
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe26 February 2018
This place is good for someone willing to work part-time. I hated working there full-time, very repetitive tasks. I don't think people are fairly treated, in fact they are being USED at all times i.e. you have to arrive 15min before the store opens, and you don't get paid for that. You only get a lunch break, so forget about coffee during your working hours, forget anything anyway lol The management is focused mainly on profit. Weekends are super busy, and to be honest, if you get weekend off, you can consider yourself lucky. There is a lot of favoritism going on, and guys are treated way better than a female employees. I wouldn't recommend this job at all.
Pros
shopping discount
Cons
lack of room for development and growth, boring
Best job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidcup23 February 2018
Genuinely sad to have left this job and 100% wish i could go back there to be honest. The team were absolutely amazing, the work was great, serving customers and picking orders from the warehouse, putting away the delivery, processing online orders was mainly it. Extremely enjoyable job, definitely recommend.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Early shifts start at 5:30am.
Screwfix Stafford
Picker (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire23 February 2018
Generally a good working environment, as long as you work there are no issues.
GOODS IN, PICKING, MHE, DESPATCH roles
The shifts can be difficult for some - (6-2) (2-10) rotating shifts or permanent nights (10-6).
Proactive place to work
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough21 February 2018
Screwfix is such a big family, where your made to feel so welcome.

I worked for the Farnborough branch and loved my time there, I learned so much about so many different types of trades from carpentry to gardening.

The managers and supervisors are such a lovely bunch of people, that you soon make friends.

The hardest part of the job is when a customer orders a radiator and you have to lift them off the shelving racks, but there is always someone to help you.
Pros
staff discount
Alright
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London21 February 2018
Leant A Lot Of New And Exiting Stuff Was Really Good Learning Kurb For Me And Enjoyed It Very Much. Was Really Nice. Had A Lot Of Fun And Learnt A Lot.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Discount
Mostly nice customers
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City18 February 2018
Early starts (7am), getting orders together. Getting on with any deliveries. Heavy lifting and climbing ladders. Serving and helping customers. Keeping workplace clean and tidy at all times. Late finishes (8pm) and the last couple of hours drag.

Management are plentiful and on the whole pretty ignorant. They are fond of telling you we're all just one big team but in reality supervisors and management do not like to get their hands dirty. They moan when it's busy and they have to serve. If your face fits you're well in there but if you're not one of the golden gang watch out. Lazy colleagues get away with murder and the hard workers get told off the minute they stop to blow their noses. Just do what you're told and keep your head down. And definitely do not show any initiative - they don't like it because they didn't think of it first.

The most enjoyable part of the job and the only thing I miss are the customers. I really enjoyed spending time with them and helping them to decide on a product.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Late finishes
Trade Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northwich14 February 2018
I have worked at Screwfix for just over a year we have a lot of repeat customers as I work on the trade counter so you tend to build up a good relationship with your customers.
Pros
They can be quite obliging if you need to change your shifts.
Cons
They sometimes change your shift without asking.
Great job in general
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East13 February 2018
Job is ideal for someone interested in DIY with a background in retail warehousing or customer service. Or as a stepping stone for experience in all 3.
Simple job, relaxed work environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset12 February 2018
The call centre is quite relaxed with easygoing management that are supportive.
Quite a dull day however with little rewards but very easy and doesn't cause any stress.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon12 February 2018
I love working in screwfix it's great meet lots of new people that are so nice. Only downside is now I'm no longer a student I'm still only on a 16 hour contract but I do have lots of over time which helps :)
Pros
The managers and work ethics
Cons
None its great
Good working enviorment
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London7 February 2018
Great working environment. Support from the manager all the time. Interesting tasks and a lots to learn from every difficult situation. Colleagues are very supporting as well.
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 February 2018
I enjoyed working in ScrewFix and found it was very productive in developing many skills such as communication and confidence. I was only able to work part time on weekends as I was studying for A-levels and I was very easily able to keep a balance between college and work without any stress.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Long Hours
overall good job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North West4 February 2018
option for promotion if wanted. supported along the way. unfortunately some become power mad. when everyone strives for the same level of success then the job is easy and good fun. it is poisonous when there is 1 lazy person
Great pay and work hours, but management look down on you.
Despatch Operative (Current Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire1 February 2018
It's a good place to work for the money, but the management there don't appreciate the effort you put in they only see the mistakes you accidentally make. The staff that you work with are all good people and will help when they can but only have negative things to say about the people in charge.
Fairly safe environment
warehouse work (Former Employee) –  Luton26 January 2018
Safety and well being was maintained, i was fairly happy there and i felt the work was just, but was tiring. The employees were nice and cooperative..
Productive from top to bortom
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside24 January 2018
First company I’ve worked for where genuinely every member of staff, regardless of position, helps each other. Career progression routes are clear, and hard work is definitely rewarded.
Pros
Discount at Screwfix & B&Q, flexible working, role variety
Ok to work for
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 January 2018
NOT the worst place I've ever worked but very very busy and the staff don't really know what's going on. Management not really helpful as training and skill building are never followed up. Left to teach your self what to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Screwfix. Our community is ready to answer.