Screwfix Employee Reviews

It was a nice place to work.
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset2 May 2018
This company has a lot to offer, it has come a long way in a very short time; the company has grown exponentially since my departure, It has become a leader in it's industry and has a lot to offer.
Pros
I can not say, as I have been away from the comany for eight years.
Cons
Again, I have noting I can say that would be adverse to working there today.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 April 2018
Generally a great place to work where everyone works to get the job done. Good work life balance but sometimes crazy hours to get the job done. Kingfisher involvement is becoming more of a burden and the benefits are pretty poor (e.g. paid paternity leave, sick pay)
Avoid job at all costs
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham, East Sussex25 April 2018
I couldn’t advise for you to stay clear of this job more if I tried !

I have never known a company to bully so many staff out of jobs

SOUTH EAST definitely avoid

The intentions are good and if they followed the job role everyone would probably enjoy working but management are lazy area managers are useless and think they are superior and don’t need to greet staff .
Pros
Free dewalt boots
Cons
Poor management
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverhill24 April 2018
Screwfix is fun, welcomes everybody and it's a great place to build and work as a team. Great pay, Flexible hours. Screwfix works around you, which is great if you have a busy lifestyle outside of work.
Pros
Good Hours
Hardwork, but clean and well run
Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire23 April 2018
I worked for Screwfix wincanton in stafford through the best connection. The work can be quite hard at times, but they do swap you around from place to place so you dont get too bored. The money on nights was great and the canteen/facillities are exellent! However even though the best connection is the best agency I have ever worked for I did get laid off for having 4 days off in a row due to getting a nasty virus. I cant blame them though as I wasnt there long.
Overall though, in comparison to Tesco and Amazon Screwfix is the best by miles! If you are not frightened of a little work then I can say this is a great job with lots of benefits when taken on full time.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, acheivable targets, safe and clean work
Cons
Usual agency gripes, repetative work
Worst
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London23 April 2018
Great money, easy job, probably the WORST and LEAST professional place to have ever worked at. Beyond horrible. You'd think you wouldn't mind it as long as you get paid but it gets to a point where its ridiculous.
Pros
pay
Cons
the manager makes it HORRIFIC
My Experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington, Cumbria22 April 2018
I used to enjoy my job for years when I first started 5years ago, good people tow ork with and a good team. nall that has changed now, it is awful place to work with a bad management team and mostly backstabbers!!
Awful place to work!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands18 April 2018
Over 2 years service and still treated like a nothing/nobody. The management employed have no idea what they're doing and are thrown into the deep end on their first shift putting the whole store in jeopardy. Screwfix has a high turnover!! Do not even waste your time applying as you will soon want to leave asap. The list goes on for cons for this place!
Pros
You may find a few people you get on with and make friends.
Cons
Rota's are never done in time and changed last minute.
good college job
Trade Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside16 April 2018
flexible with my shifts around my college days. Allowed me to do overtime as and when i needed it. Good pay. Management were always very good with me
Pros
Management sound.
Cons
Colleagues not great.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire9 April 2018
A great job whether it is your first job or you are joining as management. Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop. A very secure job. Great plans for the future.
Pros
Great work/Life balance
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent7 April 2018
Really good place to work. Training whenever needed and also advancements really good. Good pension. And I like working for screwfix. Parts of the management good. But new shift patterns finding hard to deal with
Couldbbe better.
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Stafford and lichfield6 April 2018
Just opened a new depo in Lichfield so a few teething problems. Routing and planning could be better and like always so could the salary. Expect to much for what they pay.
Pros
Cons
Unsociable working hours.
fun
Checkout Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire4 April 2018
very good happy people sell screwfix all day and then go home and chill watch football and tv. i dont want to di this but oh well it happens when you have to goodbye
Hardworking but great job satisfaction
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil4 April 2018
I loved working for Screwfix, I loved the culture and the people. This is a hardworking company, which achieve great results.

Screwfix head office has many departments, you have the opportunity to move around and learn new skills.

Screwfix is invested in it's people and it future growth.
Pros
Flexible working
decent place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire3 April 2018
treat you with respect and willing to help nice bunch excelent progression oppertunities in the company for anyone looking to make a carrrer of it give it a go
Pros
decent wage fun job
Cons
lil short staffed at times
Flexible hours and great pay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hersham, Surrey29 March 2018
Screwfix is a great Company to work for as a student as they have a good rate of pay and are very flexible with working hours, i have gained a lot of confidence working with the public and my work colleagues.
Pros
Great pay & Flexible hours
Current employee
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Trentham, Staffordshire27 March 2018
Great place to work , great worklife balance

Lots of benifits and Good pay - they do things like winfix- where you get prizes, trips and chocolates, support services etc

Would recommend working here
Worked here for 2 years
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire27 March 2018
Although I wasn’t expecting to ever work in a place like Screwfix, I found them to be very different from your normal retail shops. I loved it!! But had to leave as I was moving up north and, couldn’t get a transfer. Gutted that I’ve not been able to find a vacancy yet.
Work life balance ... brilliant, suited me perfectly and, I was able to do a little extra too if I wanted. Helped out on weekends when needed.
Management were good to me and others, few had a lot of experience in management, the ones that didn’t were getting the experience they needed.
I loved my time in this store and can only encourage people needing a job, with good hours, good pay, flexibility, and a great team ethos, then go to Screwfix. Staff make you feel great, and worth your weight in gold. Miss it!
Pros
Flexibility, team ethos, building a new career, management.
Cons
Cold in the branch in the winter, hot in the summer...
Interesting...
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 March 2018
So working for screwfix is definitely interesting. Branch manager feeds false information to staff members. Lots of teaming up against employees, more you work the more you get belittled.
Silly hours, little breaks, don't get given your over time back when promised.

However, not the same for all stops, just don't get stuck.
Pros
Great customers, learning experience, amazing CEO
Cons
Listed above.
New perspective on a retail-type role
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead20 March 2018
Progression within the company seems dependent on work ethic, but management will give every opportunity for you to succeed. Day to day roles vary based on daily / weekly sales, leftover delivery etc, but the core tasks are the same. Management will get their hands dirty both on the trade counter and in the warehouse, something not seen in previous roles. Salary and benefits are pretty good, especially if you do a lot of DIY and home improvements.
Pros
Salary & discount, progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Screwfix. Our community is ready to answer.