Screwfix Pay & Benefits reviews

Fun place to work at, simple job
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 August 2018
Work shift days throughout contracted hours, which can be very felxible.
If you end up working with a good team then your golden.
Perks such as 20% discount with screwfix and b&q,
Productive and Inclusive Workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amersham25 August 2018
Days are very busy but, co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to work with. Sales rewards are available during certain sales periods. Managers are generally good but the management, of breaks, could be better as some days you would not receive your deserved breaks as adequate time hasn't been left between other co-workers breaks and the ending of your shift.
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Cons
Poor Management of Breaks
Flexible
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cornwall21 August 2018
Good company to work for. Flexible with shifts. Lots of benefits of working for the company. Keen to help their staff advance as they have training available for those who want it.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yeovil5 July 2018
Screwfix are a brilliant company to work for, always room to progress or change field. Only downside to the company is a poor salary compared to competitors such as Travis Perkins.
Pros
Great career progression
Cons
Poor salary
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodford Green19 June 2018
Its a nice place to work. In a typical day, you would restock the warehouse and serve customers. The culture of the workplace is relaxed, everyone helps each other out.
Pros
Salary is quite high for retail, friendly environment
Cons
Flexible contract (unless you specify otherwise)
under awful management, problems with wages, near impossible to book holidays as communication was terrible with other staff members
Part-Time Cleaner Future Cleaning Services (Former Employee) –  Oxford6 June 2018
I had a very early shift, it was hard to get in, as you would have to wait for the manager to let you in. Then your pay would be reduced because it took them all this time to open the doors.

Once in, they would not have they right equipment, usually damaged, like the hoover was not working properly. Making your job a lot harder.

I worked here for a year, but never saw my supervisor. it was always hard to book holidays as he was never there to approved them!!

I have underpaid on most pay slips. Hence the reason why I left.

The best part of the job- HOME TIME
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
bad management, equipment to carry out your duties
Bad place to work
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton6 June 2018
If your face doesn't fit you have zero promotion chances. Management throughout the company are very clique and they help each other out to bend the rules set. They pay slightly above minimum wage and that is the only pro to working there. I left with less confidence than when I started and had no recognition for my 8years service
Pros
Slightly above minimum wage
Cons
Everything else
I would work for them again if the opportunity arose
Trade counter sales, order picking, cash handling (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire18 May 2018
I worked there for about a year, along that year i met a fair few good co-workers and also a few good customers that i still keep in contact with. all though towards the end of the job the hours were cut so i could not live on the money
Pros
Cons
bad managment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 April 2018
Generally a great place to work where everyone works to get the job done. Good work life balance but sometimes crazy hours to get the job done. Kingfisher involvement is becoming more of a burden and the benefits are pretty poor (e.g. paid paternity leave, sick pay)
Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverhill24 April 2018
Screwfix is fun, welcomes everybody and it's a great place to build and work as a team. Great pay, Flexible hours. Screwfix works around you, which is great if you have a busy lifestyle outside of work.
Pros
Good Hours
Hardwork, but clean and well run
Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire23 April 2018
I worked for Screwfix wincanton in stafford through the best connection. The work can be quite hard at times, but they do swap you around from place to place so you dont get too bored. The money on nights was great and the canteen/facillities are exellent! However even though the best connection is the best agency I have ever worked for I did get laid off for having 4 days off in a row due to getting a nasty virus. I cant blame them though as I wasnt there long.
Overall though, in comparison to Tesco and Amazon Screwfix is the best by miles! If you are not frightened of a little work then I can say this is a great job with lots of benefits when taken on full time.
Pros
Subsidised canteen, acheivable targets, safe and clean work
Cons
Usual agency gripes, repetative work
good college job
Trade Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside16 April 2018
flexible with my shifts around my college days. Allowed me to do overtime as and when i needed it. Good pay. Management were always very good with me
Pros
Management sound.
Cons
Colleagues not great.
Couldbbe better.
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Stafford and lichfield6 April 2018
Just opened a new depo in Lichfield so a few teething problems. Routing and planning could be better and like always so could the salary. Expect to much for what they pay.
Pros
Cons
Unsociable working hours.
decent place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire3 April 2018
treat you with respect and willing to help nice bunch excelent progression oppertunities in the company for anyone looking to make a carrrer of it give it a go
Pros
decent wage fun job
Cons
lil short staffed at times
Flexible hours and great pay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hersham, Surrey29 March 2018
Screwfix is a great Company to work for as a student as they have a good rate of pay and are very flexible with working hours, i have gained a lot of confidence working with the public and my work colleagues.
Pros
Great pay & Flexible hours
Current employee
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Trentham, Staffordshire27 March 2018
Great place to work , great worklife balance

Lots of benifits and Good pay - they do things like winfix- where you get prizes, trips and chocolates, support services etc

Would recommend working here
New perspective on a retail-type role
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead20 March 2018
Progression within the company seems dependent on work ethic, but management will give every opportunity for you to succeed. Day to day roles vary based on daily / weekly sales, leftover delivery etc, but the core tasks are the same. Management will get their hands dirty both on the trade counter and in the warehouse, something not seen in previous roles. Salary and benefits are pretty good, especially if you do a lot of DIY and home improvements.
Pros
Salary & discount, progression
Fun place to work but over time can become a very bad atmosphere
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthing12 March 2018
Although actually working for screwfix is great the higher management just ruin it, very limited opportunities at progressing unless your in with the area manager, despite working relentlessly for 4 years, the supervisor role Is just not worth it we are underpaid and overworked everyday which would be fine if we could progress or be treated with the same pros the store manager and assistant manager receive, despite doing exactly the same job and putting in more hours. Great company to work for if you have no intentions on progression otherwise stay away especially from the south region anyway. Good pay though, but cannot do any overtime which alot of the time you would have to do and would not even receive your time back. 6 out of 10 working here.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
No overtime, no progression unless your good mates with the higher managment
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 February 2018
I enjoyed working in ScrewFix and found it was very productive in developing many skills such as communication and confidence. I was only able to work part time on weekends as I was studying for A-levels and I was very easily able to keep a balance between college and work without any stress.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Long Hours
Was a very good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire16 January 2018
Only reason i left was because of bank mix up or i would still be there very good place to work for.Management were all very approachable workload was good and managable
Pros
Good canteen
Cons
Silly shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Screwfix. Our community is ready to answer.