Screwfix Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fun workplacw
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Newhaven, East Sussex28 May 2018
Great place to work. Easy to learn, supportive team members, understanding management and you get a good balance. Very good pay as well. Never a dull day.
Pros
Good money
My Experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Workington, Cumbria22 April 2018
I used to enjoy my job for years when I first started 5years ago, good people tow ork with and a good team. nall that has changed now, it is awful place to work with a bad management team and mostly backstabbers!!
Awful place to work!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands18 April 2018
Over 2 years service and still treated like a nothing/nobody. The management employed have no idea what they're doing and are thrown into the deep end on their first shift putting the whole store in jeopardy. Screwfix has a high turnover!! Do not even waste your time applying as you will soon want to leave asap. The list goes on for cons for this place!
Pros
You may find a few people you get on with and make friends.
Cons
Rota's are never done in time and changed last minute.
decent place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire3 April 2018
treat you with respect and willing to help nice bunch excelent progression oppertunities in the company for anyone looking to make a carrrer of it give it a go
Pros
decent wage fun job
Cons
lil short staffed at times
Flexible hours and great pay
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hersham, Surrey29 March 2018
Screwfix is a great Company to work for as a student as they have a good rate of pay and are very flexible with working hours, i have gained a lot of confidence working with the public and my work colleagues.
Pros
Great pay & Flexible hours
Alright
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Drayton, Greater London21 February 2018
Leant A Lot Of New And Exiting Stuff Was Really Good Learning Kurb For Me And Enjoyed It Very Much. Was Really Nice. Had A Lot Of Fun And Learnt A Lot.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Discount
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon12 February 2018
I love working in screwfix it's great meet lots of new people that are so nice. Only downside is now I'm no longer a student I'm still only on a 16 hour contract but I do have lots of over time which helps :)
Pros
The managers and work ethics
Cons
None its great
Worst job I have ever had
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London chingford14 January 2018
I work at a branch in London so we open at 6am and close at 10pm.
This would be ok if the managers were fair but my current manager has made friends with a group of students who work there and they get all the best shifts. If any of them want to swap shifts then its absolutely fine but if anyone else if they ask to swap shifts, its "No we dont allow shift swaps". They also get all the best jobs while others like me get to bring in and put out delivery etc. Yoo choiceu are basically told when you can take your holidays too. No choice in the matter.
I would say that if you have a good management team you might be OK working for Screwfix but maybe Im just unlucky. There is the manager who is trying to manage people out that he dont like and the assistant manager just sits at a desk doing absoulutely nothing unless its a bit of paperwork that is absolutely necessary. Some staff are allowed to not turn up or continuously be late and thats fine they can get away with it.
So basically if you have a decent manager and can put up with early starts and late finishes you might be fine but personally its the worst job I have ever had and I am frantically looking for other work.
Pros
20% staff discount
Cons
Early starts, late closes, awful management
All smoke a mirrors.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster9 January 2018
It's not the "career" they make it out to be in the interview process.

all managers I seemed to work for only seemed to take any notice of yes men and people who'd tell them everything is okay when clearly it wasn't.
Pros
20% Staff discount
Cons
High turn around in staff.
easy to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scotland12 December 2017
job role itself is good not to hard of a graft.
learned how to use the systems and how to use the gun to put away stock in the right locations.
management is good.
Pros
Cons
no full time hours
can be demanding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset14 November 2017
A typical day is to answer all calls they come in and deal with all queries in a professional, confident and friendly manner. I have learnt how to deal with challenging customers and to keep calm under pressure. The hardest part is staying calm when customer shout at you and not to take is personally. The most enjoyable part is working as part as a close team.
Pros
workplace comfert
Cons
challenging people
Haven't enjoyed my time
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bulwell, Nottinghamshire15 October 2017
Overall the place is nice place. but the management and some of the staff are either lazy or just not bothered. the IT systems are horribly slow and don't work most of the time
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managment, IT Systems
Productive, Heavy Workload, Can be Fun when not so busy
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Letchworth13 October 2017
A typical day at work would include serving customers and helping them find what they need, wether thats in DIY plumbing, electrical, gardening, roofing, flooring etc. whilst also picking items within a warehouse coordinated by isle locations.
When its not busy or there are enough staff in to cover other job roles, then delivery is a daily necessity to ensure we have stock for the following days to come. Ive learnt a great deal towards any form of DIY or tradesmen work whist working here. I feel in the future I now have the experience and knowledge I need to achieve any household problem, and also buy my supplies through Screwfix.
Management for the most part are flexible with changing shifts to benefit you. For example I was at Uni for 3 years whilst I worked part time at Screwfix.
The Hardest part of the job is to be able to complete each task properly. An example of this would be whilst serving a customer and having questions asked about a DIY situation you have not come across, but you need to find a solution; sometimes you job becomes Googles. Also Screwfix is a very laborious job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you worked to the best of your ability and helped each customer and kept the warehouse tidy with everything in the correct location before going home.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
A lot of work on individuals shoulders
In the middle
CSA (Current Employee) –  Farnborough11 October 2017
Mostly working for Screwfix is good, but often times others don't do what they are supposed to, leaving it for others to do and the management don't do anything to get them to do their jobs.
The best thing about the place is that you'll rack up a good stretch of walking distance each day. But that's it.
Relish/customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Wincanton4 October 2017
Nice people who work there, but if you want to progress for such a huge company you've come to the wrong place. No real incetives or culture to the place. You're just a number, simple as that.

Your typical warehouse working environment which suits any labour market.
Pros
Canteen.
Cons
No opportunites to grow.
Screwfix Employee
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Penicuik, Midlothian13 September 2017
I currently work for Screwfix, this is not a job that I want to be doing for the rest of my life, I enjoy working with people and being able to help them. I work great on my own or as part of a team. I have great knowledge in customer service, administration and cash handling. I pick things up very quickly so I am more than happy to take on any training.
Pros
Working with the public and being able to share my knowledge with customer.
Cons
Quiet, not being pushed to my full potential.
best job i have ever had
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster12 August 2017
i regret moving but i was only on a 20 hour contract.

work days was fast and efficient.

management was awesome especially were i was based,

great banter but very professional when it comes to customers.
The people make the place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 August 2017
A good place to work for, the staff make the place. they work around you and help you when they can. ok hours. overtime if you want it or even travel to another store
Brilliant
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern, Worcestershire4 August 2017
Takes good care of employees.
Good benefits an very good competitive wage.
Many opportunities to progress within the company if that is what you wish to do.
Cons
Shift based rota
ok place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire6 July 2017
Some of the staff were very unkind.

There were a lot of problems with pay and contacts.

a typical day would be waiting for a large delivery every morning full of stock that customers ordered in. serving members of the public and greeting them as they came into store. Unloading heavy items, Collecting customers orders after payment and cleaning shop floor.
Pros
brilliant lunch hours
Cons
unkind staff