Screwfix Employee Reviews in Yeovil

Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yeovil5 July 2018
Screwfix are a brilliant company to work for, always room to progress or change field. Only downside to the company is a poor salary compared to competitors such as Travis Perkins.
Pros
Great career progression
Cons
Poor salary
It was a nice place to work.
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset2 May 2018
This company has a lot to offer, it has come a long way in a very short time; the company has grown exponentially since my departure, It has become a leader in it's industry and has a lot to offer.
Pros
I can not say, as I have been away from the comany for eight years.
Cons
Again, I have noting I can say that would be adverse to working there today.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset29 April 2018
Generally a great place to work where everyone works to get the job done. Good work life balance but sometimes crazy hours to get the job done. Kingfisher involvement is becoming more of a burden and the benefits are pretty poor (e.g. paid paternity leave, sick pay)
Hardworking but great job satisfaction
PMO Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil4 April 2018
I loved working for Screwfix, I loved the culture and the people. This is a hardworking company, which achieve great results.

Screwfix head office has many departments, you have the opportunity to move around and learn new skills.

Screwfix is invested in it's people and it future growth.
Pros
Flexible working
Simple job, relaxed work environment
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset12 February 2018
The call centre is quite relaxed with easygoing management that are supportive.
Quite a dull day however with little rewards but very easy and doesn't cause any stress.
Ok
Account Support Representitive (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset6 December 2017
Working for Screwfix is just OK. The hours are OK, the pay is OK, the job is OK. But there isn't much chance for advancement and there is no flexibility in my day to day routine
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Poor Middle Management
can be demanding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset14 November 2017
A typical day is to answer all calls they come in and deal with all queries in a professional, confident and friendly manner. I have learnt how to deal with challenging customers and to keep calm under pressure. The hardest part is staying calm when customer shout at you and not to take is personally. The most enjoyable part is working as part as a close team.
Pros
workplace comfert
Cons
challenging people
Developing skills within fun workplace
none (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset4 October 2017
Gaining commercial experience with the ability to develop personal skills with training. Laid back, friendly environment. Supportive management encouraging growth.
Terrible
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset26 September 2017
Don't bother with them, they are a waste of time and space. You're better off anywhere but there. The managers are awful and the head office staff are obnoxious.
Do not even think about it
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset25 June 2017
Nearly national minimum salary with a loot of work ,
Non stop calls and you are never good enough for the management,horrible PC system ,arrogant bosses you will feel like a slave .
Training Team Administrator (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset21 June 2017
A typical day at work would be to make call quality assessments and offering administration support to the newly formed in house training team. I learnt team work and using standard and in house computer systems
Migration of user to new IT Kit
Desktop Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset9 June 2017
Worked with a very good site project manager and senior engineer,migration of user to new kit was very smooth,most user knew how to backup there data on the network shared /home drives
Pros
When day work done could go home finished a few time before 4pm
Cons
no access to key system ie AD
Family Feel
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset8 May 2017
Everyday is different but everyday is achievable I have enjoyed my time working there and have had a laugh with all the staff and they all feel like family.
Good Modern Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset25 April 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Screwfix and would still be there if it were not for the 40 mile/90 minute commute. It's still very much a new growing 21st century business that could sell anything just happens to be tools and fixings
Pros
Lively, young comnpany
Cons
Lower than average pay
Fantasitic job as a student!
Customer Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset24 April 2017
I was a part-time employee at the trade counter and it was the best part-time job I have ever had. This was due to the environment that the staff maintained, relaxed but professional and effective. The wages were fantastic for the work that was involved and the management were also very supportive and kind but firm when required.

I thoroughly enjoyed working at the trade counter.
Pros
Fantastic environement
Office Politics & Old Boys Club
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset6 April 2017
So many employees have been there for so long that its not what you know but who you know. They do like someone who doesn't mind a brown nose! Don't have any thoughts or ideas of your own that don't fit into their very fixed view of the world, you won't be listened to and could be viewed as a troublemaker. Not a great employer if you think that they are technically advanced, not the case, a severe lack of investment in the back office and disregard for the employee engagement.
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
Lack of investment in the back office infrastructure
Customer Service Team Manager - Current Role (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset28 March 2017
Great place to work where they try to listern to their staff. Great culture and easy to use processes and policies. Shift work that doesnt suit eveyrone.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Difficult to move up
Work Life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset9 March 2017
Working in the Screwfix Contact Centre is enjoyable. There are many pro's such as pay, holiday, management and breaks. There are many opportunities to progress in the company either through the contact centre or into headquarters which is located a few minutes walk away.
Forward thinking company and a fun workplace
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset1 March 2017
My days at work tend to go really fast. I tend to have routine work that I get on with daily and once that's completed I will either have Adhoc work given to me by colleagues or I will work on solo projects that I have been looking into.
Since joining the company my networking skills have vastly improved, as have my Excel abilities, analytical skills and my understanding of the importance of each role in the company.

The workplace culture is very welcoming, if you ever have any issues or difficulties, there'll always be someone around to help you or advise you on who you need to speak to and manager's never penalise you for putting forward suggestions on how they can improve themselves.

The hardest part of the job, for me, is pulling all the relevant information with the limited tools available. That is improving massively but currently what I can get hold of and what I would like to get hold of are miles away from each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of achievement I get from my work and the knowledge that I have helped the business improve at a fast, efficient pace.
Pros
Company community
Cons
Dated workplace computers
Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset23 January 2017
Great Working and home life balance, Okay pay and really friendly people. Management very good and try to get you on the right path moving forward and great training
Pros
long break
Cons
very repetitive