No background checks
Candidates will need to provide ID, join the PVG scheme (police check) and register with SSSC (professional standing) as well as provide 2 references and submit health information to Occupational Health. These checks take at least 2wks, but often 4wks to complete. New staff cannot start without all safer recruitment checks in place. New staff also need to complete the 7 day block induction training before working on the floor - this training period is paid.
PVG for working with vulnerable individuals
They offer full pvg checks and may ask your former employer about references.
It would be advantageous if you had prior knowledge of autism/working with autistic children and young people as the training provided will not stand you in good stead otherwise.
- What would you suggest Scottish Autism management do to prevent others from leaving?11 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Scottish Autism a better place to work?7 people answered
- How do you feel about the future of Scottish Autism?6 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Scottish Autism?5 people answered
- What is Scottish Autism sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?4 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Scottish Autism?4 people answered
- How are the working hours at Scottish Autism?4 people answered
- Does Scottish Autism allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?4 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at Scottish Autism?3 people answered
- How often do pay and performance reviews occur at Scottish Autism?3 people answered