Scot Group

Scot Group Employee Reviews

Edinburgh West. Clueless bullying scumbags. they operate illegally and havent a clue about human rights etc. About time someone took this company to court. Never work for them and never hire a car from these cowboys
Most of the reviews seem to be negative. I was a driver in Aberdeen a couple of years ago. I loved the job but had to leave for personal reasons. The Manager and most of my colleagues were great. The job is what you make it. I never had any problems at all. You get paid for what you work and a bit more. Flexible hours and although zero hours I always had full time hours. Seems like the negative reviews have an axe to grind.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Don’t bother working for this company. The management is so bad and treat you like a nobody. The whole company is a fraud!! DONT WORK FOR THEM OR RENT FROM THEM !!
Pros
Cons
The company
not a very nice place to work, bosses dont allow you to have break, the office staff are clueless and dont have a clue how to use customer service. never work here
Pros
none at all
Cons
everything
Started out working ok for 9 months Then got no help from senior management when branch mgr left. Temp staff only bothered with own branch. Contact centre sending down jobs when no vehicles available but have to fill.
Pros
Non. Discount no cheaper than rivals
Cons
No support
Good company and enjoyable job, face paced, flexible and decent work load, time goes quick Only let down by: Slow progression Very poor salary and bonus Poor employee benefits
Used to be a good place to work for, but the past year its went downhill rapidly with staff leaving and never being replaced. If you enjoy being used as a door mat,stressed and running around like a headless chicken in terrible working conditions for poor pay and dire shifts while others sit about drinking coffee all day too afraid to get there shoes dirty ..... then this is the job for you.
Working at thrifty was the most stressful time in my life. The company leaves you with no support from head office or no branch manager and expects you to run the place along with another CSR. Security is disgusting and I was scared to close the branch alone due to the company not providing security. No appreciation for their staff and your expected to work very hard with little in return. The company will try to find away to take the money that you have early. Management will forget to send off training documents which prolongs your probation and then you get accused of not completing training due to change of managers. By far worst company around.
If you want to work for a company that racism homophobia and sexist remarks is forgiven by HR then this is the place for you. I made reports of one person who made comments which I had proof. Yet when some drivers made stories up about me HR were quick to discipline me. Very bad company to work for. No incentive for drivers. The office staff get bonuses. The drivers have to go through s*** on a daily basis. I urge people not to apply for this company unless you want to be mugged off by yes men drivers and thrifty HR.
Do not care about there employees when they go the extra mile to get work done when they're understaffed most of the time bailing them out of a sticky situation getting no thanks for it . Working conditions are disgraceful to say the least with electrical equipment near puddles of water and staff are left them self's most shifts in cold conditions when if anything was to happen there would be no one there to help.
I worked at Thrifty for NIne years in total. Always found the right training given , great support from manager and college's. We all worked well as a team . I loved my role there. Only reason for leaving I am now a stay at home mum after having my little one. Still talk to my old college's and go in and visit the branch.
Good working environment. Friendly work colleagues. Always learning new things. Not much room for progression. Staff perks eg free tickets, discount scheme
Scot Group being part of the Thrifty franchise and ofcause hiding behind the brand name of Thrifty.. Scott group always had a bad reputation and with a strategic change of name is hiding being the Thrifty brand name hoping to recapture a previously good reputation. One wonders if it will do any good at all.
Pros
lunch determined by the mindless management
Cons
new workspace. wow that makes a difference.
slow progression and face must fit to promote. no education benefits poor management in my branch
  1. Employee reviews