Schuh

Schuh Employee Reviews

United Kingdom376 reviews
fun and made you feel welcom
it was good working there because the staff work nice and cind and quite chilled and I would recommend people to work the but the work hours could be a little bit more
Staff not very welcoming
Staff were a bit cold. Not very welcoming. made to feel awkward and not welcomed as part of the team. Quite an arrogant team and didn't like new people joining.
Pros
Cons
Bad team support
Great company
I worked at Schuh for 2 years many years ago great company sales and customer service driven. Good discount great rates of pay equal from 16 right through when I was working for them. Put the work in and it’s a fun place to work. The company is based in Scotland knowlegde with computers is a good start.
Would hope they have not changed as they were great.
Relaxed and friendly environment
Amazing company to work for. Everyone as seen as equals, managers are friendly and helpful. Good training provided. Only downfall is the high ratio of staff to lack of hours. More often than not you are limited to 4hrs per week and that’s all. More hours are available over school holidays etc however a lot of temp staff are hired, again meaning there is a lack of hours.
I have worked at schuh for just under a year i love it as all staff are really nice and there is a good sense of community. However head office is not great as they take a long time to get back to you it you have any problems. Good wage but hours can vary alot you can go from 20 hours to like 6 hours which is not great. But good as a part time job though education.
Fun workplace
Enjoyed working at Schuh Kids. Staff were young which worked well as I m a student. Management were friendly and discounts were good for staff members.
Best Company
Schuh was my very first job and I loved every minute. They invest into their staff and want you to do well. They genuinely care about you and your life and always try to work around your schedule. They are strict on their guidelines policies but always give you the opportunity to work on them and become a better employee. Have met some amazing people and the managers and supervisors don't get enough credit.
Fun workplace
fast pace, collaborative environment, easy going feeling within the workplace, forward thinking, good benefits for staff e.g. staff discount, staff parties etc.
fun workplace
busy on weekends but fun with fun people
learned a lot of skills such as being a cashier

boosts confidence

many job opportunities

it us a very active role/ moving around a lot
Great company
Schuh is a great company to work for as all of the staff are friendly, the management are great and the atmosphere of the store is relaxed. The store focuses on making sure the customer feels welcomed and comfortable, which is something I look for when entering a store
LOVED IT And I miss working for schuh great company good perks great shoes management was amazing absolutely loved it unfortunately I moved to Birmingham couldn’t get a transfer otherwise would have stayed with the company honestly really lovely place to work very rewarding
productive, fast paced work place
schuh is a great company to work for especially if your still a student. they are great with flexibility and will do everything they can to help you be able to work.the discounts are a nice bonus also. The management staff are really nice and will do everything they ca to help you progress and achieve what your wanting to achieve.
A fun, fast-paced, ever-evolving brand
A fun, very friendly working environment with a very fast-paced busy week. Lots of benefits and cater to a healthy work/life balance. A great all round retail experience with some very knowledgeable people.
good
It was a nice place to work, the people were ever so lovely and if you needed help or didn't quite understand they would give you advice and talk to you on how do to something. it was a welcome environment
Fast paced, fun, everyday is different.
Everyday you meet different customers especially when working in bigger shops in bigger locations. In smaller shops you can personally build up a loyal clientele. Competitive targets. Fair management.
productive and welcoming
Stockroom assisting was fun as my colleagues were very welcoming.
i sorted out stock in terms of barcode, and occasionally helped on shop floor / requests for a particular shoe.
Fast Paced and Fun
Great team to work with and realistic targets set to provide purpose to each shift. There was a good variation of roles that was well managed and a great atmosphere to work in.
A typical day at Schuh is easy going, even if it’s busy. I found that no matter what a customer is like there’s no difficulty to ensure that each person is satisfied. All the staff are great and so easy to get along with and you just fit in instantly. Really flexible if you are a student etc.
management
Rostas came out a week before due to work, i was not trained enough to do delivery for the first couple of weeks until i worked it out myself. Too much drama that was no dealt with properly.
Fun workplace and a good company to work for.
A typical day working at Schuh would involve interacting with customers, getting shoes from the stock room, serving customers on the tills and general house keeping. The staff at Schuh were very friendly and were always on hand to help if i had any questions.
Worst experience working at schuh
Don’t even bother applying here. After my interview it took them about a month to tell me when my next shift was. The managers have this disgusting attitude and will treat you like animals. They expect you to somehow know everything and get everything right on the first day you work. Instead of them helping you get it right, they’ll get into an attitude and make you feel stupid for asking them for help. I tried my best to get a customers shoe quickly and even made the sale but the manager still came up to me complaining saying I should of been even faster. Overall experience was terrible wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone!!