Schroders

Schroders Employee Reviews

Flexible and supportive environment. Some tension between departments. Not typical exec board structure which can lead to confusion over approvals which in turn slows everything down.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes caught between sme processes and multi- national Aims
Best place I have ever worked.Excellent management FairAmazing benefits & worklife balanceLocation of Horsham office is beautiful Modern set up
Pros
Free gym
Good to place to work. Great offices and onsite gym and canteen. Highly professional and friendly staff. Ideal for oxbridge grads. Great location for essex commuters
Did not change their contractors back to outside IR35 after the 1 year delay. Terrible decision not to do this which has had a big effect on the contractors at Schroders
The environment is focused of automation of everything to support day to day operations. A dynamic and fast paced environment with a small number of staff to support day to day business functions.
Environment and technology is good. Meeting rooms are also good. Leadership Is weak and political. Also inconsistent and passive aggressive. They throw millions at Christmas parties etc but pay a poor salary. They have a gym but they only allow perms in their gym.
Good company to work for. Good Benefits and managers. Very fast paced Environment with a lot of changes going on at the moment in Technology. Very Friendly Technology department where everyone wants to help each other.
Really professional people, great offices and very central location making Schroders a great to work at. I really enjoyed my time working there as a contractor as the people there are really nice, culture is pretty good too so people are pretty relaxed.
Related environment with plenty of time to deliver code with quality . Management need to be told what are the challenges and they are reasonable to listen and adjust timelines and expectations
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Schroders?
On the surface Schroders wants change, inclusivity and diversity. In reality it is filled with stuffy old men that want conformity, empires and blind obiedience. If you are happy working at a place where those that challenge, get things done, and show personality are punished, and the ones that brown-nose and upwardly manage are those that are rewarded. This is the place for you
Great place to work with great people, Very few senior people leave so it can be tricky to advance your career. Schroders has a feel of a small family despite being a fairly large organization. I enjoyed my time there.
Pleasant atmosphere Good place to work, Great team work Great location near local transport Good facilities Healthy and safety awareness good standard
Pros
On site canteen
Cons
Overall good
Autonomy to manage your own workload. Admin outsourced to 3rd Party TPA. Multiple individual projects/tasks keeps work varied and interesting. Lots of interaction with other internal departments and external stakeholders.
It was a nice working environment, the staff were friendly and inviting. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning about different career paths which led people to the company.
I wouldn't contract here again. It's a very dull environment with uninteresting work. There is no real scope for initiative - it's just about fitting into a box.
Pros
decent canteen
Cons
ni humanity
It was a good company to work for good work life balance, good staff who are very friendly and down to earth. Good career progression if you are hardworking .
Great people, Poor management, No thank you for a job well done for contractors. CC and Schroders, provide no gratitude for work done, Lousy process and IT work structure. Needs a real PMO to lead all delivery of IT projects, defining the process end to end clear, not in a 4 page hand out. Merger of CC and Schroders processes needed. Forgotten ITSM needs to be updated, you needed it before the data centre migration, could of tracked a lot of the new configurations and based lined all the new builds. Anyway, good luck. I managed to make it fun while working my socks off.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
No encouragement and no thank you!
Working at Schroders provided a challenging working enviroment which i enjoyed and aloud me to progress along my reconiliation project path
A professional place to work where the staff are recognised as the most important asset to the company. Respect between colleagues and trust from management allowed me to prioritise my workload in order to meet deadlines - something which I find motivating. I wouldn't say any part of the job was hard but what I did find challenging was the sometimes mundane tasks of completing paperwork, checklists, etc for internal audit purposes. Most enjoyable part was the sense of achievement and getting recognised for a job well done.