ScanSource Employee Reviews

Ótima empresa
consultor de vendas (Former Employee) –  Curitiba, PR16 April 2019
Empresa que dá liberdade para o auto desenvolvimento. Acompanhamento contínuo da gerência e diretoria para o desenvolvimento dos seus colaboradores. Sempre fui muito bem acolhido e respeitado como profissional.
Pros
Ambiente de trabalho
Cons
Metas
Empresa de rápido crecimiento conformada por gente joven
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Tlalnepantla, Méx.12 April 2019
Se enfocan en las Ventas aunque descuidan los procesos internos de las demás áreas que deben acompañar al crecimiento de la empresa para que pueda ser ordenado y perdurable.
Pros
Buenas prestaciones, las oficinas son bonitas
Cons
Podrían ser más honestos con la información que dan al momento de las contrataciones
Productive workplace with great culture
Operations Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC7 February 2019
ScanSource was a wonderful place to work at with friendly co-workers that strive on getting their tasks completed. A typical day at work included meeting with executives and having fun while doing your job. The management at ScanSource are very willing to assist any of their employees.
Pros
Free lunches, fun games, no time clock
Un ambiente laboral muy ríspido y contradictorio.
almacenista (Former Employee) –  Tlalnepantla, Méx.10 January 2019
La empresa es demasiado buena, los jefes son excelentes personas, el problema aquí son los colaboradores que no siguen al pie de la letra las normas de la empresa.
Pros
Las prestaciones.
Cons
El ambiente de trabajo.
Empresa agradável
Aprendiz Auxiliar de Logística (Former Employee) –  Curitiba, PR21 November 2018
Tive minha primeira experiencia profissional nesta empresa e obtive vários aprendizados
Overall good company
Project Specialist Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS24 October 2018
A typical day at work:
Working in a technical environment,

Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.

Plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.

What I learned:
Lots of new technology to learn all the time

Management:
Management not always fair

Workplace Culture:
Warehouse environment technical assemblers, mostly nice people. A few spoil the bunch.

The hardest thing about the job:
The hardest part is training new people on a regular basis and letting
them go when a temporary assignment was over.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
What I liked the most the the ability to learn new technology and devices
Pros
Flexible lunch schedule in my department
Cons
Having to work unexpected overtime
Great place to get your feet wet and gain experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC15 October 2018
Great place to get your feet wet just not enough compensation and growth potential. Good starting point to learn the industry but keep your eyes open if you want to grow and make more and have more opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches occasionally
Cons
low ceiling
The workers and work were both fun.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS14 October 2018
This company was always accumulating new projects so the company was constantly expanding. As a result of the company expanding, there was always new opportunities for positions.
Pros
catered lunches from the company
Cons
short breaks
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MS4 October 2018
Great company to work for...Co-workers are the best. I worked with a good team. I learn something new all the time. Cross-trained in all areas of the warehouse. Looking for better opportunity and better pay.
Pros
Exercise and reading room, state of the art facility
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement
Like Drinking from a fire hose
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC2 October 2018
I learned a lot, but added YEARS to my life after leaving. Too many hours - the pay was great but long term, not a winning arrangement for me. I learned a great deal during my time there. It is an extremely well run company.
Pros
Pay and stock options
Cons
Too many hours
Awesome Place to work
Custom Configuration Technician (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MS19 September 2018
Everyone was awesome, I was treated like a person and that made me want to work harder. The only negative about this job for me is the drive, if I lived closer it would be a dream.
A fun workplace
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS18 September 2018
It was a good place to work at , I had a chance to work on every shift , management supervisors human resources all great people everyone got along it was a good place to work at
Pros
Free lunches every quarter
Cons
Healthcare
Great team to work with- got along with everybody
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GA5 August 2018
I had the opportunity to work with a great team. Fun environment, Manager very in tuned with his staff.
Growth opportunity and supportive of community.
Pros
Positive environment, company offered great option to stay healthy.
Cons
N/a
Solid company, poor management.
Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC26 July 2018
Your success at ScanSource will depend mainly on the department you work in. From what I can tell the sales, marketing, merchandising teams are pretty well compensated and enjoy their work. If you work in the finance/AR departments you will see extremely high turnover and a total lack of direction from management.
Uma boa empresa
Operador Logístico (Current Employee) –  Curitiba, PR26 July 2018
A pessoa pode trabalhar no seu ritmo, pessoas ao seu lado pronto a ajudar em alguma dificuldade
Aprendi a trabalhar em equipe
Ótimo ambiente de trabalho
Não achei neste período nada muito difícil
A parte mais agradável é o reconhecimento
Pros
Fornece V.refeição e V.alimentação
Cons
Valor do VR e VA muito baixo
Productive and Supportive Environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC23 June 2018
Awesome work-life balance. Helpful management. Culture to support growth and opportunities. On site gym and health coaches. Below average to average compensation.
Distribution
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC29 May 2018
Good company to learn the distribution business. Very good culture to work in especially for young employees. Probably good for 5-10 years stay then to move on to something that pays better.
"Fun" office with little room for advancement
Samsung Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC16 May 2018
You have to move around in order to move up. The company constantly kept people from promotions in order to hold them in current positions. Bonus structure didn't reward those who worked harder. Drama felt more like high school than an office. Management was unprofessional.
I enjoyed working there
Builder (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MS15 May 2018
I was threw a Temp Service . I didn’t get hired on full time. I helped program the registers and I help build them for the different companies. The department was busy at times with the different types of jobs for each customer and what they require in each of their registers
Pros
They were very nice
Rapidly going downhill - Great first job
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC2 May 2018
I was hired shortly after graduating college and was a full time employee for 12.5 years. Within my first 6 years of working there I had 3 promotions. The culture was still great then, I truly felt thankful to be employed there.

One of the original founders left shortly after that and the culture went downhill consistently from there on out. Poor management, very little room for advancement, favortism, over worked & underpaid, etc.

There are some perks of working there - on site gym/fitness classes, lots of company funded lunches, a yearly Halloween costume contest & family trick or treating (always a blast), & often fun after hour vendor funded events. Looking back there were many weeks of work where I was there 45+ hours between being overworked, vendor dinners and after work commitments and given that you already aren't paid well...

An upside is vacation accrual, I had 4 weeks of paid vacation at 10 years there & had I made it to 15 years I would have had 5 weeks. Another upside would be the people, there truly are some great people that work there and that will remain lifelong friends. I am so thankful for the friends that I made there.

I thought that the benefits were great until I moved on to another company. Now I have better benefits and pay 1/2 the expense. Not to mention my salary is much higher and commission is limitless.

It's a great place to start your career but not for you if you are ambitious and want to continue to advance AND make more money.
Pros
The people, vacation time, on-site gym/fitness classes
Cons
Pay, Advancement, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ScanSource. Our community is ready to answer.