Scania Employee Reviews

Professional and Organised
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Purfleet, Essex1 January 2019
Hi. Started working for company as apprentice, then progressed as a HGV mechanic.
Apprenticeship programme is very advanced and teaches you from basics to high skilled level of education. It has helped me to become a Mechanic and gain a skilled job for life.

Scania works very organised to a high level of maintenance to keep trucks safe and long lasting. From smallest equipment to the high technical stuff, scania has it all.
Enjoyable job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bellshill13 November 2018
Helped out many other mechanics in their daily tasks, I done this by gathering tools for them if they were busy or cleaning up for them. Sometimes i would be taught how to repair a certain part of a lorry.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Sometimes it was boring
Enjoyable
Senior Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes1 October 2018
Always busy, phone, letters credit applications complaints
Patience how to deal with people

Number of mission statements not always followed
Dealing with individuals that were in financial problems an also when a owner had passed away

in general the people, office, customers and Network were really nice
Pros
27 days holiday
best job of my life
Apprentice HGV Technician (Former Employee) –  Groby21 June 2018
this was the start of my mechanical life and it was a shame to have left but i learned from my mistakes and moved forward i haven't got a bad word to say about this company
Women stay away!!!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire30 March 2018
Poor management, no room for progression, and if you're a woman don't expect equal pay to your male counterparts. Expect to make tea for visitors and inappropriate comments towards Female staff is commonplace!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inequality
Avoid at all cost
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Shepton Mallet, Somerset26 March 2018
Take take take with no give, expect so much from you with little to nothing in return.
Management will dump on you.. appalling place to work
Please please avoid !!!
Pros
Other employees/customers
Cons
Everything else... but manly management
Stay away management only think of they bonus couldn’t careless about you
HGV Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear3 November 2017
Stay away not a good place no incentives at all no bonus management only think of them self’s no overtime so don’t be fooled by big wages only selected few on corses
Cons
Don't expect the loyalty you have to give
Service (Current Employee) –  Scotland13 June 2017
Loved the job hate the environment. This company will expect you to be pushed to the limits and ask for more. Wages are the lowest of the sector despite being the "premium brand".

As for management it depends if your face fits with them - everything is at managers discretion so you can find yourself extremely out of pocket.

There is no career progression for office staff other than having yet more tasks added to your job description, if your lucky you might happen to be trained by a knowledgeable member of staff but that's as far as your training will go.

Wage rises are limited to usually 2-3% a year so don't be expected to be paid for how much you actually do, not to mention you will take this job home with you so work life balance is impossible!

Not worth mentioning bonuses as they exist but never materialise.

Take this job if you have sadistic tendencies otherwise avoid at all costs!
Pros
The customers
Cons
How long have you got!
Push you to you break,then get the next man.
Workshop controller (Former Employee) –  Exeter8 July 2016
A place that will issue a job description and then expect a hundred times more.Dont care about employees,only big customers.Deceitful managers just after there bonus's, don't expect yours though.
fun workplace
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton18 April 2016
i learned alot of things and it helped me gain confidence, it was a great team and i enjoyed working along side a fantastic team of people
Fun
Parts Experience (Former Employee) –  Wigtoft23 February 2016
I was able to catch a glimpse of what it was like to work for the company and I was able to learn a lot about parts and retail from the members of staff that were training me.
good work place
hgv diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Grangemouth, SCT30 October 2014
am on shifts 1 week day shift 07.30 to 16.00 then next week its back shift 15.30 to 24.00,start of the day with whatever the shift before cant finish off then take it from there not every day is the same carry out inspections to engine overhauls then i work most weekends and cover out call out service over the full weekend
productive and skill full
Assistant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fareham, ENG27 September 2013
Scania believe in satisfying there customers to the best of there ability and in order to do this the mechanics must take care and pride in there job as not only is it there reputation on the line but the company's as well. As an assistant mechanic there I was tested to my limits a lot to keep up with the standards set and to achieve the tasks given. working at scania gave me basic life skills to take with me,skills such as first aid, basic knowledge of hand tools and team work. the hardest part of the job given to me was learning everything from scratch and trying to remember everything I have learnt for when I was taking on a job on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the work that I had done myself complete to the satisfaction and expectation of both me and my manager.
Pros
looked after by co workers and management
Cons
hours could vary each week
scania
technician (Former Employee) –  bellshill 19 June 2013
truck dealership for scania trucks, not much to say , service and repair of scania trucks in workshop inspection of vehicles ensuring paperwork is in correct order, and preparation of p.d.i pre delivery inspections of new vehicles before being handed to customers.
Fast paced busy workplace
Stock Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes Head Office23 May 2013
A typical day at work consists of placing stock orders, emergency orders and managing suppliers.
I have learnt many new skills at Scania such as negotiation, better communication, stock control, about logistics and how the business works operationally.
The management at Scania varies depending on what department you are in. Parts is very fast paced therefore deadlines are important.
The co-workers all work together very well and know how to make the day more enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job is delivering bad news to customers if we are unable to fulfil their requirements.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the team behind the operation.
Pros
Fast paced and busy
Cons
Dealing with unhappy customers can be stressful at times