Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 90 reviews matching the search See all 2,820 reviews
sucks
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV7 October 2019
don't do it .. its not worth it at all. They do not care about there people they just do what's best for themselves. Also they have a lot of favoritism going on.
It was a wonderful 2 years
Retail salesclerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 October 2019
It was my first real job I learned a lot, the team members and management were great. However, Halloween is the busiest time and you will have many hours which can be a good thing or be a thing. It is a very easy job and the hours aren't that bad if you are willing to do them.
Pay more than minimum wage
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 September 2019
Management got changed recently and are now more careful in making decisions. They want to improve. Hours can be flexible which is good. Good place to work.
Boring, Stressful, Management Sucks
Front Store Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2019
- poor management
-stressful
-poor cleanliness
-managers wanted you to be afraid of them
-everyone hated the environment and vocalized it
- depressing place to work
- got a back injury occurred at work, wasn't given exceptions due to it "not being a big deal".
Pros
cool younger coworkers
Cons
everything
Im just glad havent had look back on gone back tht hole in the wall...
Retail Sales Associate/Stocker/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NC24 September 2019
I wouldn't tell no 1 2 wrk for them unless u just can't do no better ...I really glad get there over 5 yr or more ago..we were 2 old 2 go thou wht they were try 2 do 2 us,like were children..They alot favorstimz....But when left over 5 yrs ago,God hasn't allow me 2 look back...Thk u Jesus
Great experience when I was young
Retail Store Team (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MN8 September 2019
Fun place to work,nice people. Never would recommend, i like the clothing choice.The pay was not good for the work that people was to do. Management would be better
Accepting Workplace Culture; Meaningful Work
Front of Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 August 2019
Working in front of store is fun overall. There is so much to do every day that the time passes very quickly. The job is rarely boring because you get to do lots of different things -- but none are inevitable, so you don't just get to do what you like. You have to go where you're summoned. When you work at the til, you have to make a certain amount of people sign up, and I didn't really like the pressure of that, but everything else was actually pretty exciting. The management is really encouraging and open to questions. Teamwork is huge, so you can rely on anyone working there to have your back or answer your questions, even if you've never met them.

It feels good to know that in a small way, you are helping the environment and a local charity, as well. Out of the dozens of people I worked with, almost everyone was friendly, upbeat, and encouraging. The added bonus is that you get to dress up all October for Halloween -- so that's fun.
Productive, energetic workplace with great co-workers
Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 August 2019
Management was always friendly, as well as other team members. The job was easy, the only true difficulty came with the sale days and subsequent increase of customers that came with them.
Fun
HALLOWEEN RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orange, CT10 July 2019
It was a foundation for working for the first time. Yes, I was nervous at first but I gradually opened up. My role was manageable and efficient for me to do.
Too much for too little
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA5 July 2019
Too much demanding work for minimum wage. Zero benefits. Only 29 hours allowed per week. Rude and unfair managers. I always did a good job. I took two excused weeks off (sick) and when I returned, I begun to be treated like a bad employee. I finally got tired of being bullied, harassed, and spoken to like a child so I defended myself against a manager who literally just decided to harass me. Of course I was terminated and the coward lied to the store manager in the incident report.

I was only going to be there two more weeks anyway due to a better job opportunity that I am already hired for. Stay away from these people. Currently working on filing several cases against the store and management. They hire homeless, druggies, convicted felons etc as well. Store is filthy and unsafe. Disgusting filthy manager that never showers always has a cold and hangs over you and passes it to you. Never allowed to sit so feet constantly tired. Absurd turnover rates. I'm so glad to be rid of them. If you work here, know that you can do better.

It hurt me to see the back room guys working like slaves unloading big trucks over and over for only minimum wage and being talked to so rudely by washed up managers who take their $11 an hour job way too seriously. I have a Cashier position at the airport that makes right under that so I don't understand the sense of high and mighty.

They treat people like nothing because they are allowed to. Report people. Speak up. Defend yourself. That's the only way to make changes and help things go in the right direction. This job wouldn't earn you
  more... much in the way of experience on a resume anyway and minimum wage jobs aren't hard to find so never ever tolerate disrespect from these people. Never.  less
Pros
Coworkers are funny
Cons
No benefits, horrible pay, hard work
Productive and fun. Respects the companys' values and mission.
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PA28 June 2019
A typical day was exciting to walk into, preparing the store for customers to enter was really pleasurable. Having a team meeting before hitting the floor was very much appreciated. Management was excellent, love them guys til today. I would recommend myself and others to be a part of Savers family.
Really Bad
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2019
This company is extremely toxic towards its employees, and the management is just terrible. You are on your feet all day, and get paid barely above minimum wage. They schedule you in just below full time (if you are part time) so that they get the benefits and you don't. This place is a joke with how they preach about family, community and acceptance. Management and supervisors are very passive aggressive, and gossip about employees as if in high school. Extremely unprofessional. Save yourself the stress, low self-esteem and wasted time. Do not apply or work here.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Everything else
was an easy face paced job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MA14 May 2019
They have great items for sales and they also hold great sale days it can be very busy at times but if your a fast pace worker this is the job for you
Pros
Customers
Cons
Restocking
Run from this place
Retail Clerk, Donation ambassador (Former Employee) –  2010 Victoria BC14 May 2019
The only thing you meet here are a group of happy workers slaving for American capitalist. Bad management, unhealthy and unsafe work place, toxic low level managers, poor pay, deception by the management, ill-mannered receptionists at the head office. They select stooges and vulnerable immigrants to become managers so they can exploit them. It is suicidal to think of working here.
Pros
Happy immigrant workers
Cons
every other thing is BAD
Fun working environment
Sales Associate/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CT13 May 2019
Savers is an ok workplace for part time students
The most enjoyable part of the job is the 50% discount
A typical work day at savers has a lot of checking customers out and picking up after dropped items.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Excelant place
Store Attendant/Production Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 7870424 April 2019
When I started working at Savers, I worked in the front section of store around the dressing rooms. Periodically I would be asked to work in the Jewelry counter. Switched to work in the production to put out a few racks of clothes.
Creating best moments
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RI26 March 2019
Everyday I would start by greeting my co-workers and ensuring that a positive environment was being created. Once we unlocked the door we created that experience with the customers while they shopped. The best part of my role was getting to know regulars and being able to proactively show them new items or other special items in the store.
Good minimum wage work and retail experience
Customer Service Officer/ Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 March 2019
When you join Value Village you either get put in production or front end team member, there are various positions available depending on where you would fit in ( Donations, Cashier, Fixing store, as well as production. )

Rate 9/10 just because the team is so friendly to each other and works well together.
Pros
Very friendly team and supervisors are well trained.
Cons
Hard Work occasionally, not very good raises ( 3% yearly ) almost amounts to about what inflation is.
productive and fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, ID8 March 2019
typical day at work consists of meeting new people and interacting.
you always learn something new at savers.
management is good, under control.
workplace culture is great.
hardest part of the job - it really wasn't all that difficult but if i had to choose one hard thing it would be some upset costumers.
most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday.
good
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 February 2019
i learned a lot about customer service also charity work also i helped a lot of people get what their looking for also i got good retail experience i love it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers/Value Village. Our community is ready to answer.