Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 1,925 reviews
Extremely strict hours
Customer Services Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maui, HI25 September 2019
Loved the people and work environment but job and schedule does not coincide well if having to take the bus and it's late or breaks down. You will be fired for tardiness if you are not clocked in three minuted before or after scheduled shift even if you are on the property and captured on video at the door waiting for someone to open it so you can clock in....
It's a good place to work...It is very busy on Mondays.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL25 September 2019
Wear comfortable shoes and be courteous. I really loved working here. They had really nice things that I could purchase at a discount. The work atmosphere was cool because I just tried to fo my job and go home.
The job was a nice place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, IL16 September 2019
I've worked @ 2 different locations, and both stores closed down.. Overall I got along with all my coworkers and the customer, I always gave 100% great service!
Had a real gpood experience at Savers. Met many customers who always wanted me to be there personal shopper. Great feeling
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA21 August 2019
Typical day at Savers was wonderful looked forward to Sales days/ Family and Friends day to shop. Lunches and pot lucks were fun everybody participated.
I love working there, and appreciate the family atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, IL2 August 2019
I am a dedicated sales clerk/cashier. I enjoy helping and mingling with customers rather or not the regulars or the new comers. It really is a great place to work.
Poor pay, poor benefits, poor management
Production/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL25 July 2019
I’ve been at savers for just over 1yr. I’ve received no raise and lost all my sick time due to a change in Illinois law however we were almost into the 2nd qtr before we were informed of the change. Anybody who had already used sick time was then in the hole and it would be extremely difficult to get out since we earn 8 hours sick pay for every 40 hours worked. It seems management interpreted the law a little differently than was intended.so it works against the employee. The one benefit is 50% off clothes but they’re required to be on the floor for 48 hours before we get the discount. First , anything good won’t last24 hours but if we want to purchase as full price Itheu act like we’re being sneaky. So 50% off is rarely, if ever, beneficial yo employees.
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV1 July 2019
There was always something to do working there which made work enjoyable and time fly. Working in back stock helped understand the store process better.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Sent home early if business was slow.
Relaxing not stressful at all
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GA17 June 2019
I was a little bit younger and I love working here I enjoy doing my job. And had no problem getting stuff done I know exactly what I was doing and I got my job done and went home every night with no problem if I could have stayed I would but at the time I was younger and I was experiencing a little life challenges that I was trying to get through but this place was one of my favorite jobs
Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MD25 May 2019
I enjoyed working for savers but towards the ending they weren't paying me on time. I had to go through alot to get paid and still to this day the company owes me money.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
They dont pay you on time
Not a good company to work for
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AK23 April 2019
Management makes their favorites known. The favored employees receive more hours and better pay. If they don’t like someone they will make things up to get other employees written up and/or fired. They allow people over 21 to bring alcohol on company property to give to underage employees. They treat the unfavored employees less and give them more work, while the favored can do whatever they want with zero consequences.
Unfair to workers who work hard and show up on time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley Washington16 April 2019
I am a hard worker, I show up for my shift, and I let them know if there are any changes that I need. For that I got my shift changed because someone complained about favoritism. I am not a favorite, I am a hardworking Dependable employee who owned my position. I feel disrespected and treated unfairly.
Pros
Discounts on clothing.
Cons
They do not work and or promote on seniority
Productive friendly work place
Customer sevice/Production team member (Current Employee) –  Fargo, ND24 March 2019
The team members are a wonderful group to deal with. The work is physical but you are able to do the work and feel good at the end of the day. You are able to meet the most wonderful customers the frequent the store.
Good entry level job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KS17 March 2019
Predictable hours and good people. There are quotas to achieve and the sorting and pricing keeps you busy. Expected to help customers with merchandise whenever needed.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV11 March 2019
Savers had a variety of ethnicity's and different people to work with, there was many respect between one another and many responsibility is taken by each and every single person.
Pros
Discounts 50% off
Cons
Stressed by customers
Worst place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA5 February 2019
Their were lots of favoritism, the management treated everyone with disrespect, while working there I felt very uncomfortable and I am not the only one to say that. Lots of complaints for other employees.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
Almost everything
they underpay so much
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC1 February 2019
bailing cloths, cleaning floors, loading unloading trucks, (about for or five trucks a day), sorting and stocking shoes, putting furniture together, breaking furniture, stocking furniture, taking out trash, picking up cloths and hangers, organizing store (and I had to do this all by myself) oh yeah and u wont get a raise they don't give raises..
Pros
Cons
getting underpaid for the work i do
Poor working conditions
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GA16 January 2019
Poor working conditions , couldn’t take time off , very rude management long hours barley any breaks very short not a good place to work better off applying somewhere else
Pros
Cons
Short breaks bad management
Discount clothing and household misc.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Del City, OK11 January 2019
Great place. One man's trash is another mans treasure.
Employees very kind.
Customers become family. The different and interesting sell bargains. At Value Village Thrift store.
Pros
Vacation, holiday gathering
Cons
Short breaks
Great job for staters
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NJ7 January 2019
Great job for students or temporary, but definitely not for head of households.Manager is flexible with employees.Stores opens after 10 am.if you have no problem working this shift you will be fine.
Pros
Flexible with schedule
Cons
No money
it was a good learning experience for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MO6 January 2019
Great sense of fellowship in the work place, everyone seems to get along real well and help each other out just wish the pay was better but, as an employee you receive a great discount from the store. The work was fast paced and also good but somewhat stressful at times(especially brcause they had a very high quota. At the store I worked at the other crew members were very friendly and upbeat/loving!!!!
Pros
good co-workers, friendly regulars