Savers/Value Village

Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
It was decent I enjoyed working there for a little over a week.i also enjoyed the team that was based there which was the light if my say I know that alot more people would enjoy working there if there was more marketing
I was AM for 3 years and every week our hours budget was cut even tho we were beating targets! Every week company was also expecting more with less people. The moment i was leaving hours were cut under contracted hours so we were asked by area mgr to ask for volountiers to cut contracts! For 3 years i was killing myself for that company i was bending lower and lower to finish tasks we were given but enough is enough.My team was amazing i couldn't ask for better people but company made us all stressed and unhappy so i had to leave. That's realy sad as i love that shop, team and customers!
Pros
Team but only 2 people left in shop also new mgr
Cons
Not enough staff
Only done stacking shelves for 8 hours a day. Done absolutely nothing else, didn't learn anything else and was not trained to do anything else. If you was sick they din't care.
While working for savers you get no support from anyone even when customers are complaining about staff members the management just turn a blind eye the staff are so rude unprofessional and always swearing on shopfloor while there is young children in the store and all the staff are always on there phones. when you ask for holiday they try to bargain with you by saying you can only have hols if you work delivery days
Some who work here like to yell , swear , and insult their way through each day . They’re trying hard to keep that male 1950’s warehouse vibe as vibrant and real today as it once was. In the store I worked in I had middle managers who had no real ability or experience as leaders or trainers and no back up from above . I worked a shift where one manager told someone at our table that she felt like snapping him out when he told her about his violent father. Weird and totally inappropriate, even as a joke. The real trainers and leaders who made the decisions most people followed seemed to be the snide bullies who worked in gangs to set up anyone they were threatened by. There were constant snarky comments from people who thought they were “spesh” but really couldn’t handle , understand or respect people who were different from them. There were a few really nice ones who had nothing to do with any of it . Not enough of them to make working here worthwhile . Hope new management brought in from another store will really stop all of the petty nastiness. The overarching business is ahead of its time. Stores I worked in just lacked the effective ,experienced , middle managers who had the strength to set a more respectful and inclusive work tone that anyone wanting to work there could fit into .
Pros
Commitment to recycling, efforts to accommodate working mothers, offers of permanent shifts, regular customers
Cons
All those spesh-sheep -alternatives channelling their right wing school days bullying techniques .
Very busy environment, lots of thieves to manage. Nice colleagues and a lot of nice regular customers. Only too many unsocial hours for me as a single mother.
A typical working day whilst I was at Savers would have been attending to the tills, helping customers, putting out stock and general tidying. The job was a very busy, fast paced and challenging environment and whilst their I learned a number of useful skills to be able to work within the retail industry successful. Some of these skills were: always behaving in a professional manner towards your clients and helping them to the best of your ability, working well with your team as well as individually, working to the best of your ability and being confident, friendly, punctual and organised. Everyone that worked for the company including my co-workers and managers were friendly, helpful, welcoming and always willing to help me if I needed it. There wasn't anything about my job that I found partially hard, however putting out a large amount of stock in a short amount of time sometimes proved to be difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was the job itself, I enjoyed helping and communication with different people everyday, I liked the people I worked with as well as the jobs I completed everyday.
Pros
the team i worked with they were all friendly, meeting new people everyday, putting out stock instead of going on the till