Savers/Value Village Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
2.9Job Security & Advancement
Found 7 reviews matching the search See all 2,161 reviews
Not good is all i will say
assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire22 August 2019
Had to put a star 🌟 but do not rate may not be all stores but Mansfield store is to clicky and have never worked where half the store are family I have nothing good to say about my time there
not happy
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands20 August 2019
I hate saves because everyone there was rude and unfriendly and they say there would be a job after my work experience and when i worked my butt off for them they said there is no jobs going
Busy and supportive
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Ipswich16 July 2019
Previously employed at Savers was satisfying. The best part of my job was interacting with customers and knowing that I am offering them value for money on the vast variety of products. I also enjoy seeing customers satisfaction when leaving the store.
Pros
Goid discounts
Cons
Prefer longer hours
Repetitive days, poor management team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 June 2019
Worked here a number of years ago, started out as a weekend job. Ended up doing more than 40 hours a week on an 8 hour contract. Being asked to stay on or come in on days off to cover sickness and no shows, management asked why unable to make it in even though it was my day off, resulting in lots of weeks where I had 0 days off in the week. Management also had unrealistic time standards for tasks such as deliveries and facing up. Also having to stay half an hour at the end of the night to mop the floors, unpaid. Hopefully now this has changed and have better management teams in place. Only stayed as long as I did as the associates were a great bunch.
Pros
Associates
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Very busy never bored.
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  London28 June 2019
Worked here for over a decade, was unhappy and did not enjoy my time here, not a good company to work for, but if your young you might be okay, prefer not to say to much. Never bored extremely busy, which was good, have to reach targets by selling perfumes which at times was difficult as you were made to feel bad if you didn't sell much, if your not competitive its hard.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
No pension
It was okay.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 February 2015
Worked as a cashier, fitting rooms and sales floor, Awesome management, fun staff awesome customers, never a dull day working there.