Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 February 2018
This was by far the worst job i had in my life and i would not recommend anyone to work here! The management were rude and awful and you had no proper training, i would often be stood behind the tills for 7hrs in a row with no breaks. The staff were also rude to customers and were racist. I honestly have no positive thing to say about this place!
Pros
Cons
long hours, horrible pay, hardly any breaks, bad management

HI There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us - if you wish to discuss any of the issues that you have raised please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future,

Not enough hours.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandwell21 February 2018
I always fond on retail, unless you are a supervisor or in management you don't receive enough hours as they are only allocated to do many hours a week. They should get rid of some staff as they are losing out on money paying extra wages for petty hours.
Cons
No hours.

Hi There,

We are grateful that you have taken the time to leave us his feedback.

We are sorry that you feel there were not enough hours in your store - we always try to accommodate hours with flexible hours and provide overtime whenever possible.

If you wish to discuss things further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Fun work place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire14 February 2018
It helped me get a job very good I'd definitely recommend it to other learnt me how to have more good communication with others and stack shelfs move stock, tills. Good customer service is was very much everything I wanted at the time. It was only work experience but really enjoyed it and really enjoyed working great in a team and individually and being able to make new friends and getting my self ready for a job.
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Love long hours

Hello There,

Thank you for leaving this lovely feedback! We love hearing from previous and current employees about their journey with Savers.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us, if you wish to rejoin the Savers family please visit www.savers.jobs

Alright
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire9 February 2018
I was not really excited about this job as it was not really enjoyable as the staff and my co workers where very frigid and didn't really like to communicate as much.

Hiya,

Thanks for leaving this feedback - it is important to us to hear your points of view and try and improve whenever possible!

We want to wish you the best of luck in your career!

Would not Recommend.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 February 2018
When I first started working here, I was pretty happy with the job, and happy to work with an equally as amazing team of people. When our manager left, and other management was brought in, that's when multiple problems started to arise.

The temporary assistant manager was too engrossed in ego-building and trying to be the 'big boss,' that any aspect of the previous friendly environment had disintegrated. I was being put on the till for the entirety of my shifts, on delivery days I was also put on the till whilst simultaneously stacking shelves, running back and forth trying to get everything done and serve customers and sell SAS. Shifts would suddenly be changed without you knowing, so out of the blue you'd get a phone call asking you why you aren't there, and then you'd rush in to work, to then be ridiculed for their mistake. Unnecessary stress and pressure was being put on members of staff for SAS targets, in a store that is currently in a shopping mall being renovated - either reduce the target according to the stores current situations, or stop trying to sell the same Gillette Razors and Sarah Jessica Parker Fragrances. Read your customers reviews as well as former staffs, customers don't want to feel hassled when they shop in your store, which they do because of you pushing members of staff with SAS.
Members of staff weren't getting their breaks, on 6/7/8 hour shifts; it's the first job I've had where I've had to say, "I'm leaving 15 minutes early, because I didn't get my break". I am the third member of staff to leave this store in the space of two or three months,
  more... because of the stress of working with management and within the store itself.

Getting out of bed and getting to the shop to go to work, was a challenge in itself, due to the stress and dread of having to actually go there.
I left this job, ultimately making myself unemployed, because my mental health is way too important, and I refuse to undo all the progress I've made with my mental health, by working within this store.

If your staff are willingly making themselves unemployed, rather than work for you, I think it's time to make an effort on your part to make your stores better.
Pros
Superdrug Discount
Cons
A lot, read the review

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback, it is very important to our business.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us when your new manager joined your store. Here at Savers, we pride ourselves on our stores and employee's which is one of the reasons we are in The Sunday Time Best Big Companies To Work For, and we are the highest ranking retailer as well.

If you would like to discuss any issues you might of had further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

All the best,

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire5 February 2018
I enjoyed working for savers, all staff were really nice and welcoming, if I had opportunity to work there again I would, brilliant place to work, was sad when it ended

Hi There,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Please keep an eye on our careers site www.savers.jobs for future opportunities with us!

Joke
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  England31 January 2018
Worked for the company for 5 years as assistant manager. Got treated like a complete mug and was being forced to run the shop on my own with no 9ther management. Was doing 7 days a week and 12 plua hours a day. Was told i was doing an amazing job and they dont want to tire me out then having phone calls to say i have to stay at work to get other tasks done. Gave me no hours so had 2 staff on all day and then someone in 2 till 4. Complete joke of a company to work for. Ended up walking out !

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this review.

We love to hear from current/ previous members of staff. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with how things were in your store. Please contact the People Team in Head Office if there is anything you would like to discuss.

Savers

Awful company to work for!!!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Essex30 January 2018
sales assistant at first wasn’t so bad just the pressure of active selling. 7 months later I became a supervisor. No breaks on a 10-11 hour day, delivery at 4 in the morning which was huge. so much pressure for store standards, back stabbing team, awful pay for such responsibilities, management were horrible very two faced, patronising, expectations were far to high, They never give you enough staff 2 people on a busy Sunday and expected the store to look immaculate the next day. Disgusting how a company can treat members of staff like this
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, worst mangers

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback! We are sorry to hear that you were not happy when working for us.

If there is anything you would like to raise please contact the People Team in Head Office who will be happy to help, at Savers we strive to ensure our employees are happy and that we keep the family feel in our stores.

We wish you the best of luck in your career,

Savers Health and Beauty

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  North West21 January 2018
* Very fast paced environment, means no days are the same and there’s always a job to be done.
* Although the salary isn’t the most amazing for retail management (although probably in line with similar discount retailers), I’ve found the bonus scheme is very fair and the benefits are great
* The training is great and there is a lot of focus on having the right people in the right place and lots of time and money put into advancing the right people to management roles etc
Pros
Feel respected by higher management. Good communication.
Cons
Can be long hours sometimes! Early starts for delivery shifts.

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback.

So glad to hear that you're enjoying your time with us! Keep up the amazing work!

Savers Family

Good to work for
Sales Assistant, Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 January 2018
is very friendly and good to work for. Its very easy to find your way round the store. very good health and safe police .The management is very good and friendly.

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us - please visit www.savers.jobs if you wish to rejoin our family!

Savers

Want to know more about Savers Health and Beauty?

Ask a question
Alright as a first job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire13 January 2018
Don't give out enough hours! Staff are sometimes unfair. It's not really an ideal job for those who are looking for work. It's a very stressful workplace.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
not enough hours

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us your feedback - if there is anything you wish to discuss please contact our People Team in our Head Office.

Nicole

work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Prestwick8 January 2018
friendly staff, make things clear, learned alot of new different things when it came to working on shop floor, hardest part was doing the deliveries...

Hi There,

Thank you for this feedback - it's great to hear that you learnt new skills and enjoyed working with your Savers family!

We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Retail Trainee (Former Employee) –  Walsall7 January 2018
I completed work placement at Savers as Skills Training Walsall helped me find a work placement to complete to help me with working in a retail busy environment.
Pros
Excellent staff.

Hi There,

Thanks for leaving us this feedback!

We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Nicole

Fun workplace
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex4 January 2018
Managers are very understanding and very kind. Always think of staff over others. Hard customers make the job more hassle than it should be but nothing serious.
Pros
Good staff team
Cons
No lunch

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback!

So pleased to hear that your management team was supporting you and that you felt valued!

SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2017
Was given responsibility to take stock from stock room and place them on shop floor 'face up'. Helped customers find products. Worked behind tills briefly and had responsibility to persuade customers into buying new perfume at shop door.
Pros
Very practical

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback, we wish you the best of luck in your career!

Not for me
Apprentice Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham28 December 2017
I worked at savers for 2 and a half years.
Starting out as an apprentice I wasn’t expecting much out of it but I made the best friends ever. It was 39 hours a week on basically nothing but you get the chance to work your way up as I went from an apprentice to a supervisor in 2 years.
My manager was my best friend and the only downside was the hours and the stress that it brings.
I got so stressed working with new management I had to leave.
It’s great for part time (if you’re at uni or college) but as a full time job, I 100% wouldn’t recommend.
I used to stay late and not get paid or any sort of praise for it.
Pros
Making friends

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback - We are so pleased to hear that you made best friends in your store.

All of our stores are like families and we are pleased to hear that you moved up to Supervisor!

If you wish to talk about any issues you may of had, please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Worked in worse places
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 December 2017
Fast paced always something to do but that's not a bad thing in work as time passes pretty quickly. Mangers are ok you don't seem to get a full break and the shop is understaffed lots of sickness which mean ms overtime for people who want to work. I'm enjoying my time at savers
Pros
Fast paced easy work
Cons
Cold store not trained propley

Hi There!

Thank you for leaving us this feedback - we are pleased to hear you're enjoying your time with us!

We are thankful that you have been supporting the store with staff sickness.

not to great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea1 December 2017
walk in put everything away, learnt how to do sales and stock check. the mangers are okay. nothing was hard and checking everything for the next day of work
15 December 2017

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

It is lovely to hear that you learnt new skills with us!

I enjoyed working there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire29 November 2017
I worked as hard as I possibly could, It was a good environment to be in but very hot at the same time. Good people to be around.I wish I stayed there.
Pros
Everyone was friendly
Cons
Too hot to cope well
1 December 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Have you checked our Careers site to see if your local shop is recruiting?

www.Savers.Jobs

Nice and friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex28 November 2017
I like to work at savers. I will be in the till mostly and sometimes will go to the floor area. I will do price check,Date code and promotions.
I love to interact with customers. I will always keep my till area clean and tidy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.