Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

An enjoyable work environment with fantastic social opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire17 July 2018
I worked in the East Kilbride store for 7 years. Throughout that time, I was studying first at college and then my undergrad at uni, and the management were brilliantly flexible to allow me to continue working for the store.

I enjoyed the fun-loving environment created by the staff. Most of us were in our late teens/early 20s, and that really showed in the way we interacted. We would be very sociable with each other, but not to the point where we never got anything done. If anything, this fueled how we did our job, and we were often one of the highest performing stores in the west of Scotland.

The pay was fair for what you do, but it could have been better. We got minimum wage at £7.50 when I left, but I do believe that has went up now.
Pros
Great social environment; fantastic hours
Cons
Pay could have been better

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that you made friendships within your store. At Savers, we strive for all of our stores to be like their own family.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first few years and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with your work/life balance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Best wishes
Savers

Fantastic company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire29 June 2018
I have only worked for the company for a short time, but I love it, it’s challenging everyday but very rewarding.
The company are very focussed on training and setting store managers up to succeed which is a fantastic way of keeping great teams.
It is hard work but the fun we are able to have in store makes up for it.
Anyone thinking of joining this company I would say hand on heart do it as you won’t regret it one bit!!!
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic competitions to be won, great support.
Cons
Non if your not shy of hard work!!

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving this great feedback - we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

Savers

Best place I’ve worked in retail.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent27 June 2018
Savers is a great company to work for, especially if you get behind the company’s vision and give it all you’ve got. Everyone is very helpful and supportive, from the very top all the way down through to store level. I’ve just completed two days induction training in head office, which was great fun and very informative. Everyone there was great and the M.D. saw the funny side when we accidentally stole his taxi!! Great atmosphere to be a part of.
Pros
Good team atmosphere. Great rewards for hard work.
Cons
Active selling lines can be a bit repetitive.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback - we love hearing our employee's amazing stories.

Fantastic company!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 June 2018
I've been a store manager in other companies and I must say, after just 5 months with savers, I can open heartedly say, they really do care about their colleagues.

3 weeks training in management and constant support from my area manager who is easily the best AM I have ever had the pleasure to work for.

The support network is absolutely second to none, need any help? Just call People services and the company do everything they can to support you and your store.

The rewards with savers are incredible, no other company openly pays for holidays, events, parties and holds competitions to win 2 weeks laid holidays across the world. Massive discounts everywhere, tons of perks and a brilliant head office team make this a place to stay.

Trust me, ignore the negative comments here, if you need help whilst working, just ask any member of manager or head office and you'll see why they're the number 1 best company to work for.

Even with huge problems with deliveries or staff, the area managers and head office team work tirelessly to support, aid and help you and your team overcome any obstacles.

If you're considering applying, do it. You won't regret it!
Pros
Fantastic support, excellent communication, good breaks, salary is very good, no micro management.
Cons
Very long hours but if you don't mind hard work it's not a problem.

Hi There,

Thank you so much for leaving us this amazing feedback! We are so pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

Fun work place
Cashier/Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 June 2018
All staff are welcoming with an equal mind-set. They are also very motivating and help you if in need. For instance one of the days I was working and I was very busy as a customer approached me so my colleague stepped in and helped the customer instead.
27 September 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

I don't Like that company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough20 June 2018
Always on the till, nothing I didn't already know, didn't like the manager, the only part I enjoyed was going home. We always got it in the neck when SAS was not good, staff treated like slaves. The manager was not nice to the staff specially those with issues, cant have other commitments.
Pros
nothing
Cons
be flexible as you may get called in unexpectedly

Hiya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy in your time with us. If you would like to discuss any of the issues above please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career.

average
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington18 June 2018
I would have to say working at savers was helpful for getting some skills in retail but as for the other staff I would have to say they treated my quite badly when I worked there
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
poor staff

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are happy to hear that you learnt new skills with us. If you want to discuss anything further please contact our People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck for the future.

Savers

Friendly and never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot14 June 2018
Savers neath is such a friendly and busy place to work. Everyone who works there has always got a smile on their face regardless if they are busy or not. Its never a dull moment, and a great environment to work in. Savers is very much part of the commumity and second family. It is a very busy shop and if your willing to put the hard work in, savers will look after you, with incentives, staff rewards and benefits, and even a lovely bonus at the end of the year. So if your interested in a new challenge i would definately recommend it. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have never looked back.
Pros
Friendly staff, staff rewards and benefits, development and progression, and yearly bonus, and everyone works together
Cons
At times it can be a bit warm when working in the hot weather working delivery.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback!

We are so pleased you're enjoying your time with us and hope you have many more happy years in your career with us!

Savers

good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 June 2018
i enjoyed my day at work i leart quiet a lot and it made me so much more confident i was really happy with the way i was treated everyone was so nice in i lernt so much just wish i got chance to use the tills but the work i did do i was really happy with doing
Pros
good staff
Cons
good hours

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback!

We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you gain new skills.

We would like to wish you best of luck in your career.

Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire6 June 2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
Cons
Rude management team, uncomfortable environment

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are very sad to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Please contact our People Team in Head Office if you would like to discuss anything further.

Non satisfactory work enviroment
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire4 June 2018
It is a good company as a whole I believe and I would like to think the store location I was at was an exception.
I found the management hard to please and they were very demanding.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Long shifts

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sad to hear you did not enjoy your time with us - if you have anything you would like to discuss further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Best of luck in your career,

Dull work environment
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Selby, North Yorkshire4 June 2018
As I did my work experience there first day or two were completely fine, but the experience just went down hill from there from regular staff blaming me and another person doing work experience for not stocking shelves when we was doing quite clearly in their view.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
disrespectful staff
Productive and fun.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashington30 May 2018
I personally enjoy working for savers, all the colleagues I work with are amazing and fun people to be around. So far I have gained skills such as working on the till and great customer service.
Pros
Good paay.
Cons
Not very good hours.

Hiya,

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback - we are very happy to hear that you are learning new skills with us!

Best of luck,

Savers

If you are serious about Retail this is the job for you!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland24 May 2018
Having worked in Retail over 30 years I joined Savers in October 2017 and after two weeks induction started by role as Store Manager in Bishop Auckland. Having been in the role since then I wanted to add my views to the number of reviews on here.
The pace is relentless and the number of staff hours available to use are minimal but this is what retail is all about! Yes, the company expect a lot from you and if you're afraid of hard work then the job is not for you! Like every job you get out only what you are prepared to put in? The job is very rewarding and you get plenty of support from everyone in volved with the company from the top down. No two days are ever the same and you go home exhausted every night but that is because you have given everything and you can go home feeling proud!
Pros
Ranked number 7 in the Times Best List of Retailers to work for!

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great and honest feedback!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your time with us and that you would recommend us to others.

We hope you have many more great years with us!

Savers

Good company to work for.
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Maesteg23 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at savers, I worked 30 hours a week and although it was hard work I would do it all over again. The management was ok, I learned a few life lessons along the way but I also learned how to work fast whilst giving customers a good experience. My store is so busy you dont get a second to think. The hardest part of the job was getting everything we needed done done, there is sometimes not enough hours in the day! The most enjoyable was meeting so many amazing people, staff and customers.
Pros
Discount card for superdrug

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us and learning new things, we hope you have a long and successful career with us!

Savers

You get out what you put in.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire18 May 2018
Bottom line, it’s not for everyone. But if you have a pro active positive approach you will love working for Savers.
Show some passion and enthusiasm then you’ll get noticed if you want to progress and create a career for yourself there are tons of opportunities out there.
I’ve been with them for over 5 years managing many sites in my time. It’s fast paced and I make it fun.

You do get out what you put in. Maximum effort = great results. Happy days.
Pros
Friendly and relaxed
Cons
if you like the job then there are not any.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that your career is going well with us and your 5 years have been happy!

We would like to wish you every success in your career with us!

Many thanks

Sarah

Productive environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 May 2018
If your someone who likes to be kept busy this is the place you want to be in, you're never waiting on customers from the moment the doors open till they close there is a constant flow of customers, you are constantly working, time goes quick and its a productive shift......

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your career with us.

We would like to wish you every success with Savers!.

Savers.

Awful place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales14 May 2018
Worked with savers for 2 years, and easily the worse place I've ever worked. Managers who aren't interested in working, stupid daily targets that were impossible to reach when managers couldn't be bothered, which didn't motivate staff. impossible to get time off without being made to feel guilty, or made to work 8/9 shifts in a row! You'll always be made to work every Sunday and every 6am delivery! Management forever having time off tho, when the shop is at peak business! Advice? don't apply for a job with savers.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good time with us.

If you wish to discuss this please contact the People Team at Head Office.

Savers

Expect long hours and no reward
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire14 May 2018
Expect to have to smash your limited amount of staff into working on goodwill, a barebones store can leave just a manager and one employee so expect to leave them on a till whilst your literally doing everything else. Oh, and delivery days seem to be never ending out of hours because everything is dumped on shop floor overnight and you have to clear it before opening.
Pros
I actually can't think of one
Cons
Low Morale, minimum wage maximum efficiency

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that you had issue's with staffing and general morale in the store.

If you would like to discuss it further please contact the People Team in Head Office.

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.