Savers Health and Beauty Employee Reviews

Good retailer
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 May 2018
Good employee benefits and discounts
Good bonus scheme
Room for internal progression
Good job security in the retail market
Good company incentives
22 May 2018

Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are glad that you are enjoying your time with us, and taking advantage of our excellent discounts and benefits package.

Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport20 November 2018
Ive worked for savers for a few years now and i would like to say it is the best job ive ever done. The pay and hours are great and there worked around my children school hours. The manager is a really nice down to earth man who is there to help you with any worries or question you mite have. As for the team they are great to work with. As we all look at each other as a savers family then co-workers. As soon as you walk through the door you will be welcome. The job as a whole is great you learn new things every day whether its on the tills or shop floor ive been there awhile and im still learn new thing. So come join are savers family.
Pros
Superdrugs discount and good pay
23 November 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review with us.

We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Savers. We really are a family here and it's great that the team in store are supporting you! if you ever need anything please contact the People Team ,

Thanks!

Great Experience
Retail Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Wishaw10 October 2018
Although I wasn’t there for long I enjoyed my time with savers, I joined as an apprentice in wishaw and the staff where extremely helpful and gave great advise on the job. The Manager was always organised and the work rota was always up a few weeks in advance.
Highly recommend the apprenticeship role for anyone looking to start off a customer service/retail career or even just for a first time job.
Pros
Great help, pleasent staff
Cons
Worked most weekends
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate the feedback!

Were so glad to hear that you had an amazing experience with us, and that you recommend working with us!

We wish you luck with your career and do contact us if you need anything!

I love my job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield Highway11 February 2019
I've worked for my store since June 2018 it's the best thing I ever did. We are like s family giving the best of the best customer sevices. I know if I had a problem I can go to any manager and they will take the time to sit and talk to.me and slove it the best way they can team heartord road our area manager is amazing never had s problem and not s bad word to say so if your looking for a job that welcomes u and will make u feel part of a team apply today the company love meeting new people
Pros
Good pay great team
Cons
Pay rise plesee lol
Don’t work for Savers !
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Will Not Disclose5 February 2019
Don’t work for savers !

It could be the worst decision you’ll ever make !

Was employed at 16 (paid minimum wage) sold over £200 on sales at tills everyday and worked hard to do so. All I got in return was a bag of 99p sweets !

As soon as I turned 18 they dumped me (because they didn’t want to pay me the higher wage)

Since then the store hires and fires youngesters to avoid paying proper wages and uses cheap labour.

Managers were pocketing items for their own well-being and writing them of as damages.
Cons
An enjoyable work environment with fantastic social opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire17 July 2018
I worked in the East Kilbride store for 7 years. Throughout that time, I was studying first at college and then my undergrad at uni, and the management were brilliantly flexible to allow me to continue working for the store.

I enjoyed the fun-loving environment created by the staff. Most of us were in our late teens/early 20s, and that really showed in the way we interacted. We would be very sociable with each other, but not to the point where we never got anything done. If anything, this fueled how we did our job, and we were often one of the highest performing stores in the west of Scotland.

The pay was fair for what you do, but it could have been better. We got minimum wage at £7.50 when I left, but I do believe that has went up now.
Pros
Great social environment; fantastic hours
Cons
Pay could have been better

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with us and that you made friendships within your store. At Savers, we strive for all of our stores to be like their own family.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Savers

the people are very friendly and the the salary and benefits are great
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire26 August 2018
A typical day at work is a happy and friendly environment. i have leant how to work with others and up sell items since ive been working at savers. the management at savers are very helpful and friendly. and the work place culture is fun. the most enjoyable part of the job is talking and helping the customers.
Pros
30% off in superdrug
Cons
packing items
2 November 2018

Thanks for the review!
We're so glad to hear that your work life is a happy and enjoyable experience, and that you've learnt new skills whilst working with us!

Many Thanks and contact us if you need anything!

Savers

Good company to work for.
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Maesteg23 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at savers, I worked 30 hours a week and although it was hard work I would do it all over again. The management was ok, I learned a few life lessons along the way but I also learned how to work fast whilst giving customers a good experience. My store is so busy you dont get a second to think. The hardest part of the job was getting everything we needed done done, there is sometimes not enough hours in the day! The most enjoyable was meeting so many amazing people, staff and customers.
Pros
Discount card for superdrug
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us and learning new things, we hope you have a long and successful career with us!

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Bad manenger maner
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Malden, Greater London5 September 2018
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) – new malden – 5 Augast2018
Had the worst experience working for Savers last year. SAS caused too much pressure, although not many staff members met targets. Rude management team were a nightmare to work for. No sympathy for people who suffer with things such as IBS, or who are starting out in their first job. Pull you in with good words and then as soon as you settle in, it’s a totally different experience. Would not recommend.
5 November 2018

Hi There,

Thanks so much for leaving us feedback!

We're sorry to hear that you're experience with us wasn't how it should be, and if you'd need anything please do not hesitate to contact the People Team

Many Thanks,

Ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
Building a positive relationship with colleagues and customers, working at tills and being able to multitask throughout my daily. Keeping up with time-keeping and having to be very vigilant with money, customers and store.
Creating a good atmosphere for colleagues and customers for each visit to the store, making sure the store is presentable and appealing to customers, helping customers in store when asked questions, being first in resort of help when needed. Ensuring the customers get all the help they need. Asking if they would like to view any new perfumes that are on offer.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
cleaning

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this honest review. We appreciate all feedback and wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

If you are serious about Retail this is the job for you!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland24 May 2018
Having worked in Retail over 30 years I joined Savers in October 2017 and after two weeks induction started by role as Store Manager in Bishop Auckland. Having been in the role since then I wanted to add my views to the number of reviews on here.
The pace is relentless and the number of staff hours available to use are minimal but this is what retail is all about! Yes, the company expect a lot from you and if you're afraid of hard work then the job is not for you! Like every job you get out only what you are prepared to put in? The job is very rewarding and you get plenty of support from everyone in volved with the company from the top down. No two days are ever the same and you go home exhausted every night but that is because you have given everything and you can go home feeling proud!
Pros
Ranked number 7 in the Times Best List of Retailers to work for!
6 June 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this great and honest feedback!

We are so pleased that you are enjoying your time with us and that you would recommend us to others.

We hope you have many more great years with us!

Thanks,
Savers

Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first few years and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with your work/life balance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Best wishes
Savers

Not a nice place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands16 December 2018
What a horrible place to work mangerment had attitude never trained me just dumped on the till and expected me to learn myself when you rang the bell for help there face was like thunder and never even had a toilet on site I would not recommend working for this company there was no team work and there was atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Bad team work and attitude from mangerment and badly organised.
4 January 2019

Hi,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!
It's such a shame that you didn't have a good experience in our store, I would recommend contacting the People Team regarding any issues you'd like to raise with them.

Many Thanks and best of luck in your career search.

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 November 2018
Since starting at savers I have never felt more welcomed into the work family. They all look out for me and always find ways to make me feel comfortable. It is an enjoyable job and an amazing place to be. Working with my collegeues makes me lose track of time and that’s what makes the job so enjoyable, the savers team
29 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback!

We are so pleased that your time with us so far has been an enjoyable one! It is so great to hear that you work as a team and that you're now part of the Savers Family in store!

If you need anything please contact the People Team,

Savers

Warm friendly and happy teams
People Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Dunstable30 November 2018
Love working for Savers, helpful and friendly colleagues there is always someone that can help you and generally with a smile on their face, top team completely approachable. Exciting growing business where I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Excellent canteen, on site facilities and discoutns
7 December 2018

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

its to great to hear how much you love working with us and that all are happy to help with smiles! It's amazing that you are learning new things every day is amazing!

Thanks again,

modern slavery
Store Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  south west4 February 2019
company old fashioned, penny pinching you will be treated like a dog but at least a dog gets a drink and a walk you will just be taken for a ride with aswatson.awful company to work for.
Pros
guaranteed hours as they cannot recruit as so awful
Cons
your contract
Ridiculous expectations
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire3 September 2018
Forget about having any breaks or any respect for your availability. They care more about their stupid SAS rather than their employees. The company is seriously 10 years behind the rest of the world and the HR care more about the business then the people who are suffering to help run it. I’ve missed out on so many things through not being allowed the time off work I needed
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Active selling, stupid expectations, no respect for availability
5 November 2018

Hi There

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review, we really appreciate the feedback.

We're sorry that you didn't feel like you had the time off work you needed, and that you felt the company didn't care about our people.

We've recently been voted in The Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for which is voted by our instore teams. If you'd like any further assistance please contact the People Team who'd be happy to help.

Many Thanks

not fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
it is a ok company to work for
not a great job or pay
not reliable
not kind
needs some more training for most management
some stores need to close down asap
9 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for taking us the time to leave this review. We are sorry that your time with us wasnt what you expected. If you'd like to raise any issues then do not hesitate to contact Savers People Team

Best of luck in your career.

Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.