Savers Health and Beauty Work-Life Balance reviews

I love my job
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Enfield Highway11 February 2019
I've worked for my store since June 2018 it's the best thing I ever did. We are like s family giving the best of the best customer sevices. I know if I had a problem I can go to any manager and they will take the time to sit and talk to.me and slove it the best way they can team heartord road our area manager is amazing never had s problem and not s bad word to say so if your looking for a job that welcomes u and will make u feel part of a team apply today the company love meeting new people
Pros
Good pay great team
Cons
Pay rise plesee lol
Love being part of a fab team and a great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex18 January 2019
I have worked for Savers for 13 years, started off as a sales assistant and worked my way up the ladder as there is always great prospects for promotion if you work hard and want the role.
I feel the company is growing from strength to strength they really have a family feel about them and this is the feeling across the team
I like the fact that we are a discount retailer but have that extra factor great customer service.Yes I work hard but in retail you have to be focused and productive. Ive never had any issues with the higher management as good relationship are just the norm.
Love being part of the Savers Family
Pros
Fun place to work family feel
Good company
Apprentice/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham13 January 2019
I worked at Savers for two years and completed an apprenticeship here. Overall a good company to work for and a great starter job for school-leavers. Much better than some companies!
4 February 2019

Hi there,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

We are so glad you enjoyed your apprenticeship with us and it helped kick start your career!

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton27 December 2018
it was good, however we had to make sure that the shop floor is clean and tidy, customers are being seen and spoken to. everything was looked after and clean.
Pros
free lunch
4 January 2019

Hi there,

Thankyou for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your time with us and that the customers always came first!

Best of luck in your career

Great Place to Work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands7 December 2018
A brilliant Company to work for . I have been with the business for almost 10 years and I really enjoy it.
It is hard work but the Rewards are huge if you are prepared to put in the effort and commitment .
The business has a real family feel and it is so great to be a part of it .
Pros
rewards and benefits
Cons
Hours can be long
20 December 2018

Thanks for the review!

It's great to read how long you've been with us and that you love being part of the savers family!

Productive and enjoyable
Talent Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire3 December 2018
A good company to work for who provide their staff with opportunity to progress and encourage development within the business which is motivating for employees.

Hi there,

Thankyou for leaving your review.

We love hearing that you are getting the opportunities to progress and develop within our company and that you feel motivated!

Great Place to Work!
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Field Based30 November 2018
Working in the field provides alot of flexibility with visiting stores and working from home. Savers has a family culture ethos where everyone is working towards the same goal and will support each other to achieve this.

I love the freedom I have to be able to do my job with the support on hand from my Manager when needed and being able to make a difference.
Pros
Flexibility, Working Hours, Career Progression and Development

Hello,

Thanks for leaving us this review!

It's so great to hear you enjoy the Savers ethos and that youre supported by everyone to achieve goals together!

Hearing that you are able to make a positive impact and a difference in Savers is a great skill to have!

Savers

Warm friendly and happy teams
People Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office Dunstable30 November 2018
Love working for Savers, helpful and friendly colleagues there is always someone that can help you and generally with a smile on their face, top team completely approachable. Exciting growing business where I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Excellent canteen, on site facilities and discoutns

Hi there,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us this review!

its to great to hear how much you love working with us and that all are happy to help with smiles! It's amazing that you are learning new things every day is amazing!

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend, Essex23 November 2018
Since starting at savers I have never felt more welcomed into the work family. They all look out for me and always find ways to make me feel comfortable. It is an enjoyable job and an amazing place to be. Working with my collegeues makes me lose track of time and that’s what makes the job so enjoyable, the savers team
29 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for your feedback!

We are so pleased that your time with us so far has been an enjoyable one! It is so great to hear that you work as a team and that you're now part of the Savers Family in store!

If you need anything please contact the People Team,

Savers

Fast paced discount retail environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 November 2018
An ever changing range of health and beauty product, but prepare for long hours and very tight staffing budgets.

5 years ago I often worked over 60 hours per week.
19 November 2018

Hi,

Thankyou for leaving us your review!

We're sorry that you often had to work long hours, but hope you enjoyed your time with us!

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career,

Best,

Savers

Want to know more about Savers Health and Beauty?

Ask a question
not fun
supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 November 2018
it is a ok company to work for
not a great job or pay
not reliable
not kind
needs some more training for most management
some stores need to close down asap

Hi,

Thankyou for taking us the time to leave this review. We are sorry that your time with us wasnt what you expected. If you'd like to raise any issues then do not hesitate to contact Savers People Team

Best of luck in your career.

Not pleasent
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire10 October 2018
Expected to work 60+ hours per week annd only get paid for 39, supposed to get days in place of this but never happens. Seems you have to be a drinker to fit in with management, favouritisum and bullying happen regulary. No back up from head office, unrealistic targets, unachieveable bonus scheme, i would not recommend savers as a good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Long hours no pay

Hi there,

Thankyou very much for leaving the review, we really appreciate the feedback.

Were very sorry to hear that you had to work over the hours of your contract, and the issues you had in store. I would advise you to contact the People Team regarding the issues you said about as we'd like to get them sorted.

We wish you well in your career,

Savers

Horrible place to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thetford9 October 2018
Mangerment don't listen when you have problems they allow bullying within the team and don't do anything about it, if your face don't fit your get a hard time

Hello,

Thankyou for taking the time to leave us the review.

At Saver's we do not tolerate bullying in the workplace, and I'd really recommend contacting The People Team regarding this.

We wish you the best of luck in your career

No structure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, West Dunbartonshire19 September 2018
This company claims to be in the top 50 best companies to work for in the UK, however that would probably be for the head office staff who are extremely detached from the reality of working in one the stores.

Staff are expected to get to the store for 5.30am and are often asked to work until store closing time at 6pm and are out for 6.30pm.
The staff canteen was little more than a cleaning cupboard with one small table, one seat, no heating, faulty light, dingy and full of cleaning stuff such as bleach, mopes and brushes.

For the life of me I can't see why working in a store for Savers would be a great experience. Staff under pressure to meet excessive add on sales. Stores are usually in very run down shopping centers or town centers with high levels of crime. The stores themselves are small and so cramped that staff are fighting for space to breath in with customers.

Top 50 company to work in? No chance...
Pros
Cons
long hours, rude customers, no structure, no staff canteen provisions, back breaking work, rubbish pay, cramp little stores, under pressure all the time.

Hi,

Thank you for leaving your review.

At Savers we really care about our in store teams, and I would strongly recommend contacting the People Team regarding the issues you've raised above.

Thanks,

Stay away!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  midlands16 September 2018
Awful company! Rude and aggressive upper management. Very much "if your face fits". Long hours....massive unrealistic workload.

It maybe a discounter...but that doesn't mean you can run a shop with yourself and one other.

If you are looking at a job in retail, you are better off going to another discount retailer who will treat you with respect!
Pros
Discount at Superdrug
Cons
Too many to list!

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Were sorry to hear that your time with us wasn't great, if you would like to raise any issues then please contact The People Team who would be happy to help.

Best of Luck in your career,

Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham11 August 2018
I joined savers in July 2017 and after the initial 2 week induction started my role as an Assistant Manager in the Bishop Auckland store. In the year that I have been there I have learned a lot about both the company and my personal strengths.
The role is varied and no 2 days are the same, it can also be hard work more often than not, but extremely rewarding. The company as a whole is fantastic to work for, there is great support from head office, area managers and surrounding stores.
There is plenty of opportunity for progression as I myself have progressed to Store Manager recently, the company also offer different courses for progression which are extremely helpful in gaining extra knowledge and support for your role.
Savers also offer an amazing bonus scheme to all store management, which is very rewarding and very achievable and defiantly worth the hard work that goes in to achieving it.
If you are hard working, lead from the front and thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment then Savers is defiantly for you
Pros
Salary, Career Progression, fantastic benefits
2 November 2018

Hi There,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave this review.

We are so happy that you have had an amazing experience with Savers and that your hard work has progressed you to a Store Manager, Well done! At Savers we love to help develop our teams and it's great to hear that you've had good support from head office, area managers and other stores!

Many Thanks,

Savers

Not a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk1 August 2018
Managers did not speak to the staff with respect. I was promised a Saturday off every other week but this never happened. I would never leave work on time they always made me stay longer even if I was not able to. I was under 18 and doing over 10 hour shifts a day which was illegal. I was crying on a daily basis because it was a horrible place to work. When I left I was not paid the amount I had earnt.
Pros
Superdrug discount
Cons
Long hours, bad management, not paid full

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. If you would like to discuss any of the issues raised further please get in contact with our People Team who can support you.

Wishing you the best of luck in your future,

bad experience
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East29 July 2018
I was offered a 12 hour contract, said I needed about 24, told not a problem more hours available, But they never were, except for when the manager was on holiday and then I was in 6 days . Left alone on shop floor for sometimes 2 hrs at a time. Shouted at for a £10 upside down in the till. Never given uniform, discount card, gym membership, etc that was promised at interview. Rostered in every sat & sun, not even given a day off for my Dad's funeral, had to swap with another staff member and was put on 6am delivery the day after.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
repeating the KPIs 150 times a day

Hi There,

We would like to thank you for leaving us this review.

If you would like us to investigate any issues raised please contact our People Team.

We wish you the best of luck in the future.

Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2018
Everyday is enjoyable and there are new tasks to carry out.
Great company benefits. Perfect job for students and people who are looking for part-time employment.

Hi There,

Thank you for leaving us this great review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Savers

Work life balance was hard
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sussex2 July 2018
I enjoyed the first few years with Savers, but as time went on it become difficult to balance my home and work life as I was doing long hours.
I chose to move careers as I wanted more time with my family.
Pros
Bonus available to achieve for managers

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first few years and we are sorry to hear that you struggled with your work/life balance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck in your career.

Best wishes
Savers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savers Health and Beauty. Our community is ready to answer.